Earning in-game Influence from Mixer livestreams

^^ Thanks!

Can someone tell me just how important this is to playing the game? I have no desirer to sit and watch somebody play the game vs me actually playing the game. And I do not have any narcissistic desires to broadcast me playing it either. I feel that this stuff is a bane to today’s society and don’t want any part of it. And if, in fact, I need to take part in it to be successful in playing the game, I need to know so that I can cancel my preorder before the 28th.

3 Likes

no influence on the game, its just one of many ways you can earn influence. Race, tune, paint, stream, pretty much anything you do now earns you influence

While it’s not critical to playing the game, I am pretty sure that they said that influence does actually affect gameplay. Seem to remember them saying that the higher your influence is the better some perks and bonuses are and the faster you can unlock map sections and events. Similar to how you needed to have a certain number of fans to unlock new festivals in FH3. So while it doesn’t sound like anything game-changing, I believe your influence level does have a small impact on game progression.

I am not able to see my total influence points gained by streaming.
All i see when i press the blue ribbon is “YOU EARNED {CURRENTVALUE} INFLUENCE”
No actual values is showing up.
Does anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem. Had no Mixer account before, “created” a account by loggin on mixer with my microsoft account, under “account” mixer is linked with my microsoft account and it shows my username. I am now " Mixer level 36" only by watching forza horizon 4 streams ( on iphone and pc ) and i see, as you, only {currentvalue}

Try logging out of Mixer, reboot your equipment, then log in and watch for 10 minutes to see if the information becomes available.

Thanks for your reply, Manteo.
unfortunately, I have had this issue since I started streaming yesterday.
My PC has been turned on/off several times, but nothing helps.

(I am streaming on a PC using Google Chrome browser, and FH4 is already pre-ordered.)

Weirdly I logged in to a stream for the first time tonight and it said I had accrued 9000 Influence (last time I watched was last night and I accrued 2500).
Not that I’m complaining.

Did anyone ever find out if watching on the mixer app on iOS/Android or on the Xbox gets us influence as well because on those you don’t see the ribbon or get notifications of influence earned?

Idk about phone, but the Xbox app, at the top of the chat window, every 5 minutes you’ll see the influence earned message, with total value. It only flashed briefly while adding current earned points.

Everyone with the ‘You earned {currentValue} Influence’ display error please check here for a workaround

https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst131972_Mixer-Earning-Influence-shows--You-earned--currentValue--Influence.aspx

The hard road to the Superstar Icon. This is from a 500h stream… looks legit. hahahaha
Top Hours Watched:
X…X at 172.32 hours,
S…t at 171.78 hours,
M…m at 69.00 hours,
X…X at 48.86 hours,
D…s at 44.55 hours,
m…6 at 20.81 hours,
K…t at 19.83 hours,
K…en at 18.80 hours,
L…s on at 17.96 hours,
R…3 at 16.78 hours.

What is this post about?

1 Like

Edit: I tough this first ^^^

I seriously tough he will be streaming the FH4 demo for 500h strait… hahaha. Than I tough about the numbers. I’m dumb. XD
I’m sorry… delete me.

run/delete/user/EldestStrela

can’t delete user wile idiot.The_Wet_Chef.exe is runing

3 Likes

A list of people already farming FH4 Influence using any xxl-hour long stream.

500h stream with ‘no real content’.
172h ‘watched’ by one person.

It’s already like the ‘new hyper FH4 coin’.

Even nobody really knows how much the influence from the streams is really worth compared to the influence you get from just playing the game …

1 Like

Is there something wrong with this? I am boosting using the same stream.

I think you are safe as there is a cap of 260.000 points. Now if you do happen to get 999.999.999 points a BAN would not be a surprise.

Depend on the number of viewers. With 2000 viewers you can get to 260k in no time. There is a cap so if you want to get there fast or slow before 28 is up to you… however, you won’t be able to cash it before the launch :wink:

Just the facts ma’am, how about posting some to back up this gem of a post?