Discontinue support for last xbox gen in Omega consumer version

I feel like it’s time to remove continuous support for the Xbox One Gen in a Omega test version that people can sign up for. Therefore the development team can focus on pushing the boundaries with upcoming updates for PC and Xbox Series X/S on the test bed version. With the old gen out of the way, there could new and excitement updates to come, like adding on to the mainland or RT everywhere. The bar to outerspace gets a lot taller, all for people to test out.

FM is already Xbox Series only and FH6 will also not come out for Xbox One. The development on FH5 is very minor at this stage, as the Expansions are out already and big content updates will most likely be held back for release in FH6.
There is still a lot of people playing on Xbox One X, discontinuing that support would be a big hit in the face to those people. They should rather just wait until the next Forza Horizon to do “next gen only” support.

How are they going to get the bench marks for Forza Horizon 6 if they don’t test it in Forza Horizon 5? What about Forza Horizon 6 map size input from us beforehand?

I play on xbox 1X Because I can’t afford a newer machine, I have bills to pay in RL, So does that mean that I should not be allowed to play FH5 anymore Just so they can make FH5 a test bed for FH6?
That’s not very inclusive now, Is it?
Not everybody can afford the latest and greatest machines on the market,

1 Like

They already are using FH5 as a test version, but not the version that we play.
When the devs were trying to max out the capabilities of the One X console to see how big the map and the city in FH4 could become, they actually tried to build a Japanese like city with the FH3 props (at least there were rumors about that), the conclusion was: it’s not possible, so they resided with a smaller city. You can even see that, when you go to Edinbruhh in FH4 then you’ll find a lot of cut off areas behind walls that are low res rendered.

If the devs are already working on FH6, then they are very likely using the FH5 props to create different environments to see how much is possible. Do you rather want them to use the player base as their game testers, how they do it with FM atm? I’d rather have them test silently in the background and then release a non test version of a game.

Due to push back, I revised the idea :bulb: for a test bed version on consumer level in Forza Horizon 5.