CW's Tuning Guide + Calc **NEW MOBILE WEB APP** Available

Here is the shared doc link: https://goo.gl/W5MtB1

Enter Weight and Front% in the YELLOW highlighted cells. the rest of the spreadsheet should be locked.

Please check my math.

1 Like

Will do buddy thanks for your contribution aswell buddy :blush:

yeah Tutzo and Clark GriswoId are the same person, sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

I did wonder lol thanks again

Weight in kilo or pounds?

1 Like

This sheet is not my work! But I believe that one is in pounds.

Hi, to convert the spring values from lbs to KG, take the values from CW’s formulae and divide by 5.71

If you need to convert the car weight from kg to lbs in the first place to use the formulae, you can first multiply the weight in kg by 2.205

2 Likes

I see therw you then, you’ll be rocking now. Thanks Raindancer for your input.

BTW if anyone is struggling just throw me a message and I’ll do my best to help out

I think you might need to review this as I feel that Brake Balance is bugged in this game.

Normally, if you set the Brake Balance towards the rear (slider to the right) the rear brakes will lock up first under heaving braking.

From the tuning I’ve done so far it seems as if the brakes do the opposite of what you set the Brake Balance to.

In a test last night I set the Balance on my car to 100% rear: The fronts locked up immediately.

When I put the Balance 100% towards the front, the rears locked up instead.

May be worth investigating…

1 Like

Ok so I’ve been doing some controlled tests for breaking 100-0. CAR S1900 2015 Charger Hellcat
Test 1
Runway start of central white stripe starts breaking zone.
Using ABS and TCS, brake pressure 180%, 58% front, left side of white stripe.
Test 2
Same conditions but 42% front exact opposite in break balance. On right side of the white stripe.
Result
Test 1 with more front on 58% stopped in a shorter distence 100-0 by around a car lenght.

Test 3
Same condition as test 1 this time without ABS or TCS on, 58%, left side.
Test 4
Same as test 3 except break balance on 42%, right side.
Result, basically the same result as tests 1 and 2. The car with more front at 58% stopped in a shorter distance from 100-0 by again around a car length.

Like I mentioned earlier the only bug that I have noticed is when I pull over a tune from FM6 that I know is tuned with more front at say 58% it is inverted to 42% on FH3.
So guys if you pull over your tunes be sure to check your break settings

Hey dude, I had a comment the other day about the breaks being bugged, which I am struggling to see other than when I pull a tune from FM6 the Break Balance is inverted. Which I think led him to believe that breaks setup in general is the opposite to FM6. I’ve still been doing my breaks as I would with no issues at all. Maybe there is something buggy going on with the breaks but I’ve not noticed as off yet lol.
I’m confused as to why you would test your breaking in those extreames, was just to see how the car would react? But shouldn’t it be the opposite to how you discribed the cars behavior?
I think I’ll have to do some testing myself.
Thanks for your input bud.

I tested the extremes as I’m building a car for King/Infected. Right now I’m toying with a car that can lock the rears on demand so that it can make quick 180 degree turns. :slight_smile:

For reference it was the standard Polaris buggy where I noticed the issue.

The handbrake is good for that lol

Doesn’t lock fast enough :wink:

1 Like

:wink: aha

1 Like

Good stuff guys, thanks for sharing. Really helpful to get the balance.
I have been messing around a bit and had a lot on understeer issues. This gets a much more neutral base tune to work with.

1 Like

Good stuff dude thats what its there for, hope you get plenty of use out of it :blush:

New Update for guide. view or downloadable files in PDF and WORD.DOC format.

the links to RaindancerAU’s files seem broken

1 Like