Crashes since update 4.1

its great my game crashes quite often now trying to load into MP after this hot fix

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crash - Crash loading featured multiplayer races, after intermission or qualifying (1525669)

My latest crash was during a Featured Multiplayer race last night. I paused the game shortly after the race started and unpaused within a minute. Immediately after the pause menu disappeared the game hard crashed to desktop.

Best racing game of the year. Why bother qualifying when your game decides if you get to play?

1 Like

@here
Can you provide more information on these crashes such as where in game they occur like in menus, during or after races.
It would also be helpful if you provide information like videos of the crash occurring and hardware information.
Can you try the troubleshooting from the support articles here and put in a support ticket so they can investigate more?
Game Crashes and Performance – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

The crashes i experience come mostly after a car change or tuning adjustments in practice.
Sometimes it will crash during practice on track shortly after making changes.
Sometimes it will crash at the end of qualifying at the results screen.
Sometimes it will crash on the intermission starting grid.

The more races in a row seems to increase the chance of a crash.
If I reboot after every race and dont change cars or settings it will usually work fine.

What i have noticed is after the car change or tuning, then hitting the track, the crash often occurs when you go through the first carxp checkpoint. The list of xp from the previous sector will pop up then crash. Sometimes the game wont crash at this point but there is a 2-3 second stutter.

Is always worse during peak times and on the weekly schedule refresh.

xbox x

My game does not boot after update 4.1

Specs are:
CPU: Intel i5-8500 (6 Cores 6 Threads)
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB 256bit (Drivers only without adrenaline software)
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 dual channel ram

I Just get the splash screen then no response and the application disappears.

Any ideas how I can fix this so I can play again?

Similar thing happening over here… the application just disappears, and last night I was able to play, but today nothing, cant Sync my data at all, and when it does that step, it just disappears…

It started crashing for me last night on Series X. 3 times up until now and I’m already sick of it.
Right before the race starts and right after the end.

EDIT: 4th crash, during qualifying in Class B, Watkins

Thank you all for your input. We have been working diligently to improve the performance of the game with each Update. To make sure we have the most up-to-date information on performance and crash issues you all are experiencing, we will be closing out this old thread and encourage you to open new ones so we can better triage and monitor. Thank you.