Cars - Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II 1990 - Inaccurate car model (1740507)

This post is inspired by @MatateusanR5’s issue report under Horizon Troubleshooting, so I want to give him a Credit.

This issue has persisted since FM3 on the Xbox 360 as it debuted as a DLC car. Its Headlights are a bit smaller, Front bumper looks flat, Wheel spacing is incorrect which is supposed to be a little narrow with slight stance, and most of all: the Passenger side mirror is wrong. It’s supposed to be a Square, but it shows as a rectangular shape mirror instead, the one in the Driver’s side door.

Even if the body proportions are slightly deformed, there’s noticeable inaccuracies we can spot in this car. What’s even more worse is that the new FM still reused the old & outdated model of the 190 E, as it was even shown in the Developer_Direct trailer last year. (in Jan. 2023)

ezgif.com-gif-maker (21)

And here, comparing with GT7’s model, which is fully rescanned and got everything 100% correct from the real car. 190 E deserves a major remodel.

GMP_U2F2ZUdNQVgwMQ==

VOTED!!!

3 Likes

Voted… But let’s be realistic for a second. When has Turn10 ever updated a model? AFAIK… Never. Once it’s in their library it never gets touched again. It may get replaced by a similar one down the road (a gt version, a non AMG version maybe or whatever) but I can’t remember a single instance when an already released model has been “fixed” afterwards. People trashed Polyphony for years because of this but they finally took matters in hand & decided to re-do every single car nearly 10 years ago. Turn10 doesn’t care (which is proven by the fact that all of their car models are created by an outsourcing company)

1 Like

Well, we did have an ugly Subaru Impreza 22B for years, but that finally got a proper recapture, so surely there’s hope for this and the rest.

4 Likes

JUST IN:
In an upcoming recent FH5 update, PGG added the Mercedes 500 E. This is the same W124 generation just like the 190 E, but you know, the 500 E is using its standalone model quality rather than reusing the old 190 E model to be modified. Hoping that this will foreshadow to have a rescanned 190 E underway as you can tell that the Passenger mirror is in a right shape! A SQUARE!

@MatateusanR5, what do you think?

IMG_1128

IMG_1127

3 Likes

190E is basically a C-Class, but Mercedes’ styling in those years was similar across the whole range. You should compare this to the C124 Hammer, that one is a travesty… despite being modeled in 2019.

2 Likes

As I said above. They never fix cars they just ad new models. This is another example…

1 Like

I see. Even the C124 Hammer Coupe got the similar Passenger mirror problem in Horizon, like 190 E. The real one has the Square mirror.

The S124 Hammer Wagon got added too. I hope it has the correct Square mirror as well.

1 Like

I do agree on this, but as @SunnyScout95 said to you earlier, the Subaru 22B got its model updated after a long-time model inaccuracy. The rest of the other cars’ models that dated back to FM1 were never remodeled.

3 Likes

My goodness! The difference in accuracy and detail between GT7’s model and FM is astonishing.

I also fully agree how the AMG hammer coupe model looks so bad despite being “recently” modeled. The headlights IMO on the Hammer coupe in game are terribly modelled. Hope somebody creates a post for it!

I feel like the people in charge of car modeling have no idea of their mistakes and are maybe too ignorant and careless.

1 Like

And according to someone who told me on Twitter (now called as X), he said the outdated car models came from an outsourcing digital design company called Glass Egg. They’re the ones who deformed the cars for Forza games and still exists in their modeling department TODAY! I’m mad about all of this.

And when Pixel Mafia will start taking charge of Forza’s assets, Glass Egg should be fired from Forza’s modeling department.

1 Like

So they DO in fact outsource their modeling! And they are more than capable of outsourcing accurate models to replace the deformed ones

1 Like

Pixel Mafia should be very capable enough to remodel every single car that existed in FM1 and all other X360 titles. This should be their top priority objective, to replace all deformed car models to newly rescanned ones.

I don’t know what to ask, however. Did the devs hide the fact from us? or is it because 90% of the fanbase didn’t know that Forza’s car models are all outsourced?

So I’m guessing that all these deformed models is obviously Glass Egg’s fault. Most of the Forza fanbase puts the blame on the devs, how sad this world has become. A dark truth of reality.

2 Likes

It’s been public knowledge for years (actually since the first Forza) that nearly all models are outsourced. Same for literally all big commercial franchises (NFS etc). Only a handful of car Sim developers model the cars in-house (Polyphony being one of them) . Similarly to how things are done in the flight Sim world (XPlane, MSFS, DCS) where 90% of the planes are modeled by external studios/companies.

2 Likes

I would think Glass Egg Studios modelled the Hammer Coupe before Pixel Mafia took over.

4 Likes

Status update came. A Turn 10 dev confirmed about some inaccurate car models recently, and said that they’d be remodeled and be seen in future titles like Horizon 6. Now, will this sound “outsourced” to you? Idk if you might have any evidence to prove that.

And to everyone: Hoping that 190 E and the others will be also part of the confirmation list of remodeled cars.

3 Likes

At the moment, they only confirmed 9 outdated models that’ll be recaptured. The 190E isn’t part of that list, but hopefully once they’re done with the first set, this car will be in the next one.

5 Likes