Cars - GMA Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 2022 - Steering wheel is off-centered heavily (1679574)

In cockpit view:

• Steering wheel is off-centered heavily (too low?).

• Car has a manual transmission, h-pattern gearbox. Driver animation however uses the “paddles” behind the wheel to upshift (horn) and downshift (signal lights).

HAhaha, I noticed this too. It looks like the steeringwheel is broken. It also shifts incredibly slowly. Slower than most classic cars in the game.

2 Likes

Yeah, it definitely has issues with shift times as well. Finishing a race with manual clutch without mangling the gearbox is nigh impossible.

I don’t think the gear change is a bug so much as a timing issue in development.

The GMA T.50 was offered to customers with a choice of the H-Pattern shifter but also a paddle shift version too. During car pre-production so few customers opted for the paddle shift that Gordon Murray said that he deleted the option, which saved a lot of money.

So no paddle shift cars made it into customer production, but I can see why this model went this way. Obviously though it needs to be updated, or remain a collector’s item of a car that was never delivered!

1 Like

It is a bug if the animation uses the horn button to shift a gear up.

2 Likes

OMG ANOTHER BUG!!!

The Gordon Murray T.50 comes with a manual gearbox, the ANIMATION in FM uses the paddles behind the wheel.
The right one is for the car HORN, the left one for the LIGHTS.
What a lack of care and attention to detail. SHAME Turn10!

2 Likes

Why is the steering wheel rotation in the cockpit of the T.50 not in the center???

If its not readily obvious. Pay attention to how the top rim of the wheel dips below the windshield wiper level when turning to lock.
I had to genuinely research the car to verify that it indeed, doesnt do this. It is a very unconventional car in a lot of ways. But the actual cars steering wheel does actually rotate on its center axis. Unlike the one in the game.

1 Like

This issue appears on surprisingly many cars, and while it may be accurate for a few, it’s definitely not all of them. I need to check out and confirm them again before pointing anything out though.

3 Likes

I’ve checked yesterday and the car now has correct shifting animation. However, the steering wheel is still off-centered.

2 Likes