Cars - Ferrari LaFerrari - Top speeds are not correct

LaFerrari top speed:

812 Superfast top speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoIa253WD7s (4:10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJQmIVFNmfs (3:10)

In both videos, you can see how the 812 struggles to accelerate to 200 mph in top gear, compared to the LaFerrari which almost effortlessly glides through 200 mph in top gear. These performance stats were somewhat correct in Forza Motorsport 7, so why did they get messed up now?

Please update both these cars’ performance specs!

The 812 is not supposed to have a higher top speed and acceleration than the LaFerrari, it’s the other way around. The LaF can exceed 360 km/h with enough road (Nordschlieffe or LeMans back straight) while the 812 certainly does not hit a top speed of 370+ km/h in real life!

Also the active aero on the LaF is not modelled correctly according to different speeds, braking, etc.

The acceleration in game is not correct as far as I can tell based on my real life experience in this car on a racetrack. It goes very quickly from 4th to 5th to 6th gear, yet in the game it takes a long time to go into 5th and then 6th, as if there’s some kind of performance nerf applied to it. 7th gear is not even needed on really long straights in the game, so acceleration is definitely off.

@JetPartySalad
@Speedster996

Hi developers, sorry if I’m repeating myself but is this being looked at? It bothers me that this car is not accelerating and reaching it’s top speed like it does in real life. I’ve sat in it and the acceleration is ferociously visceral even past 200 mph it feels like you’re still accelerating in 4th gear!

It’s only a game I know, but next to a sound update to match the real car, hopefully, I also look forward to the performance characteristics being corrected.

Thanks for reading, I was asked not to tag anyone from the team, so hoping this will be investigated, along with some acknowledgement or reply. Thanks a lot.

Also, I’ve noticed how a stock 812 Superfast in the game can quickly accelerate past 365 kph which is simply not possible in the actual car. I think the acceleration and top speed of the LaFerrari may have been mixed up with the 812. Just a thought.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it!

After having done some research, here’s what I’ve discovered:

(FM6 LaFerrari top speed)

(FM7 LaFerrari top speed)

(Real Laferrari accelerating to top speed)

In each of the two initial videos, you will see how sluggishly the LaF accelerates in 6th and 7th gear, compared to its real life version. I’ve tried all kinds of gear ratio tunes and setups, believe me, including upgrades to improve acceleration - nope, it doesn’t want to budge past 345 km/h - max I was able to hit was around 348-350 km/h, whereas the real one can shoot past 370 km/h with enough road. I think the active aero/wing not tucking back in at higher speeds may be the culprit, hard to say.

Also, in the FM6 video, you will see that the active aero is modelled correctly, not 100% correctly, but more nuanced than the FM7 and 8 version.

It’s supposed to extend further while braking and tucks back in at slower speeds, and also when the car is approaching 200 mph. The rear bumper fins also move according to what the car is doing on the track, but not modelled in the game for some reason.

Sounds are a very mixed bag too, none of them do justice to the real car.

Would love to see this legendary “licensed” hypercar with the correct sound, active aero behavior, and top speed/acceleration. Apparently, the top speed is not modelled correctly in any of the older FM games either.

Edit:

Here’s a video of FM23’s LaFerrari struggling to hit it’s top speed and not getting there. I’m certain there’s either some kind of deliberate performance nerf or the active aero not tucking in at the right speed is causing excessive drag.

Here’s a video of it accelerating in Assetto Corsa, totally accurate, practically 1:1 with the real car’s acceleration and top speed.