Cars - Ferrari 812 Superfast 2017 - Car audio does not appear to match real life (1750280)

You may be used to the sound of cars in Forza, but after hearing this Ferrari downshift in Assetto Corsa, i am 100% sure that you won’t accept Forza’s audio quality anymore. In Assetto Corsa the sound of the car gives goosebumps, but in Forza its make you bored.

In Assetto Corsa we have good sounds and gameplay, but we dont have graphics.
Forza attracts me for the amazing graphics 4K HDR10, but i get extreme angry because the sound, the gameplay and the physics are disgusting!

Its the same sound as the F12 tdf, FFXK, FXXK EVO and both 599XX. I suspect they just copied the sound and applied it to all modern Ferrari V12, so there could be more that are wrong.

6 Likes

The 812 does not sound the same as it did when they corrected it with an update (V8 to V12). It sounds different now, don’t know why.

So does the LaF, FXX-K and Evo - all sound the same now.

Edit: Want to quickly add that every single modern V12 Ferrari is sharing the SAME sample - the 599s, the FXX-Ks, the 812, LaF, F12 tdf, etc. are all using the same sound file.

We’d better be getting the signature sound for this car and all the other modern V12 Ferraris, as they are all lovely IRL with slight variations but a distinct exhaust noise in each case.

@JetPartySalad

1 Like

The 812 sound is still wrong. All that’s happened is a now suppressed, tamer sound with more “howl” and less “scream”, and that’s been applied to all the other new V12 Ferraris for some reason. LaFerrari, FXX-K and Evo, F12, etc. all are sharing this same sound. The other Ferraris have a very fierce, raw and screamy sound signature, they do not sound like the “wrong” sounding 812 in the game to begin with, FYI.

Did some test pulls. Unfortunately, it’s not the correct sound and the top speed also is far too high.

2 Likes

When they updated this car for the first time (moving away from the incorrect V8 note), it sounded absolutely fine. Then the sound got ruined in two subsequent updates, so it’s changed three times by now!

1 Like