Cant open hood on new cars

Is it a bug or is it as intended that you cant look under the hood of the ne Formentor , F150 and F250 ?

3 Likes

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature

3 Likes

wipes eyes in disbelief
Todd howard, is that you?!

1 Like

Whoever is scanning the models is getting lazy.

5 Likes

Considering the 1986 F-150 as presented isn’t even an XLT Lariat but a lowly XL, yeah.

Visually a dead giveaway is the plain tailgate, the higher trim levels had a chrome/plastic panel. Also no badge on the B-pillar right behind the doors. Finally, the trim levels are found on a stamped panel in the center stack over the radio (which has no text on it whatsoever, btw.) Should read “XLT”. This model clearly says “XL”. Check it out in photo mode.

What the actual fluff, PG

4 Likes

A lot of the older cars too iirc. Doesn’t really bother me much. Probably a better chance of asking for and getting (and yes, I’m joking, well, half joking :wink: ) an option to leave the pickup tailgate down when roaming, or deleting it entirely. You might be a redneck if… :wink: And, yes, I might be, sometimes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Racing cars as well. like rally cars and track racing cars, my own theory is that the engines are a secret that the racing teams don`t want to share to much about, but on road cars it should be openable i think.

can’t open it after engine swap for sure (for the originally “openables”) :sweat_smile:
and also no change to drive train looks after swapping (FWD to RWD) etc

2 Likes

You’re right! I took a screenshot for those wondering:

3 Likes

There’s a lot of no change changes in this game. Engine swaps, drive train swaps, exhaust swaps, brake upgrades,

And then there’s the spoilers and convertible tops.

If you drop a big motor in your car, you should be able to see it. There aren’t that many different motor swaps available in the game.

I don’t think it’s laziness in my opinion. The reason why the Formentor doesn’t have the ability to open the hood is because of a nasty recall affecting Cupras about defective hoods. They’re essentially Audi parts so… I dunno.

For the 86 Ford, I do not have a clue. Maybe Ford doesn’t want to know what the engine block looks like?

1 Like

It’s cheaper not to scan and model it… Most likely a conscious financial choice.

@WhiteBurrito42 , these motor swaps already have the open hood artwork. It’s all available in the cars from where the motors are sourced. And all these hoods seem to open just fine.

I was getting ready to call the exception on the Ford 302 V8 because it seems as though none of the Fords with the 302 V8 have hoods that open.

But then I tried the 75 Ford Bronco and bingo! The hood opens to reveal a 302 V8. Only change in the artwork I can imagine would be to the air cleaner. Otherwise it’s a 302 period correct in Ford blue.

I see no reason why the hoods on those cars can’t be opened.

One thing I did notice while going through the cars. The 75 Bronco has a 5.8L V8 as a swap option. This would most likely be the 351 Cleveland. I know for a fact through personal experience this isn’t (is) possible. There is no oil pan available for the 351C which will allow it to fit into the Bronco do to the placement of the from axle housing. I did install a 351C into a 75 Bronco. I had to cut the top of a 351C oil pan off and weld it to the bottom of a 302 Bronco V8 engine (which is different than other 302 oil pans) in order to complete the swap.

If they’re going to let us do these impossible swaps, they should give us a fully equipped shop and a crew to do the work on our cars. Just thinking of ways to make the game more interesting than chasing balloons that do nothing.

2 Likes

@AnakalaRon My comment was just about cars that don’t open. Just having the same engine scanned doesn’t mean that it just be popped into another car. It takes labor to accomplish. Further, inner wheel wells firewalls, accessories, hoses, wiring etc would be different.

As far as swaps it would just end up with dumb arguments about how accessories or linkage is set up not to mention some swaps are physically impossible beyond modded oil pans.

You’re welcome to look at Max’s list of engine swaps available so you don’t have to assume which engines are which based on the displacement.

1 Like

Yes, most of their swaps are not only physically impossible but mechanically ridiculous as well.

As far as their list goes I look at it as a game of fantasy. So 5.8L is close to 351cid and 352cid. Therefore, if I put a 5.8L in a Ford vehicle it is a 351 Cleveland. If I put a 5.8L in a Dodge vehicle it is a 352 HEMI. It’s my game, I can do that. And unless they change the game to allow the hood to open on motor swaps, that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it! :wink:

2 Likes

Very true about being able to play it how you want. Taking the 5.8 dsc as an example, if we’re talking about the same in-game engine, it’s from the 13 GT500. You can also imagine it other ways such as building a Crown Vic with the Shelby engine.

2 Likes

And that motor, if it’s modeled properly, it isn’t a Windsor or a Cleveland. It’s a Trinity twin cam 4 valve engine. Limited to a short two year production run.

1 Like

I wish the 1975 Bronco top could be toggled on and off in freeroam, not make taking off a “spoiler”

Similarly, every convertible should give you the option of converting. One of the Ferraris does this, the Porsche 918 does this, so I think all “topless” cars should be!

2 Likes