Camera - Camera View Changes When Coming Out Of Tuning Menu (1619598)

Anytime you race, either in the career mode or online multiplayer, and you go into the menu to tune your car or change settings or fuel & tyres, the camera view changes to something random when you exit the menu and re-join the race or practice session.

This happens to me every single time Iā€™m on track on multiplayer and try to load or save my tune before race start. My camera view changes from chase far to cockpit view.

@here

Would it be possible to provide a video of this in action?

I donā€™t have a video but I can give an example how to replicate this:

On Xbox Series S:
Select chase far view in the game options > go to featured multiplayer > start practice > go to pause menu while on track > load or save a tune > exit from pause menu - camera view has changed by itself (to cockpit view).

Iā€™m not sure but I think this happens also if you reset tuning values while on track (practice).

Maybe a weird question, but could it be that your button to change your camera view is the same as the button to load/save a tune?
Could it be by pressing the load/save tune button it also registers as change view even when paused?

@JetPartySalad could it be possible to look into the button registration when paused (in multiplayer)?

Yes, on Series S with controller, default change view button is the same which shows the load/save menu when in tuning menu.

On free play everything works as it should and the view remains the same no matter if I load, save or reset the tune using the button while on track. Why it happens in races, I donā€™t know. A bug I guess.

On free play and career, hitting pause actually pauses the game. In multiplayer hitting pause doesnā€™t do the same (the car keeps on driving on autopilot).
It seems the input (for change view atleast) doesnā€™t get interrupted when ā€˜pausedā€™.

@ShredderNL7263 posted that this issue happens also in career mode.

1 Like

In that case I donā€™t knowā€¦
Does the car also go on autopilot when pausing during a race? (I donā€™t really play career so I donā€™t know)

If I remember correctly the game pauses in career.

Itā€™s like something in the races themselves mixes up the controls / camera behaviour.

[edit]
I just tested the career mode practice.

• I saved a tune while on track, but for me the camera view remained the same.
  • It seems load tune is not available in career practice.
  • Game pauses in career mode practice.
1 Like

This is some solid information! Hopefully this helps narrow it down for T10 so they can find the cause and fix it.

1 Like

It seems the issue, for me at least, happens only in multiplayer. I also noticed reset tune is not available in career practice which is a bit odd since itā€™s aā€¦ practice.

Maybe the autopilot mode really mixes up the camera view.

I did some more testing. I changed view selection to left stick button (which I donā€™t use to anything) and went to multiplayer practice. I tested the following:

• save tune
  • load tune
  • reset tune

None of these changed the camera view with this controller mapping.

After this I switched to my usual controller mapping and noticed that camera view does not change in pause menu if using the view button so it looks like that part of menu works as it should in my opinion.

It seems to me that the game ā€œturns the view selection back onā€ when entering tuning menu and changes the view when the same button is used to other purpose.

1 Like

I just joined an online race, Featured Golf Mk1. When preparing to go from Practice to Qualify I set my fuel levels in the pause menu and suddenly my controller is vibratingā€¦
The car fully crashed into a wall from where I paused it, going back to the main pause screen, still on track, I can fully control my car and thereā€™s no autopilot???
Not fully the same problem, but felt related to the discussion above.

I think I have experienced the same thing few times. Paused the game while on track and noticed car goes off track when it should be on autopilot.

1 Like