Best drift cars?

Personally I love the '17 Focus RS. Leave it as AWD and beef up the engine and you can get some maaaaad skids going on.

240SX isn’t bad either. Anybody else got any favourites?

E36 M3 is perfect with the right setup, especially with the offroad coilovers and the much bigger steering lock it gives the car.

Subaru BRZ HE
BMW M3 HE

Easy for drifting and earning skill points.

The pretuned 2013 Subaru BRZ HE seems to work best for me so far but I haven’t really gotten into drifting yet

1948 Ferrari 166mm barchetta with the engineswap n all the upgrades. crazy good drift car. its very light and got a quick acceleration and drifts like a dream.

I deliver tofu in my drift car. If it is rear wheel drive it will drift, I am just too lazy to actually tune a drift car so I imported my FM6 tune, that was basically imported form FM5, which I pulled form a FM4 car that I got in FM3.

I’m looking for a decent tune for the ae86, is yours shared?

I think it is, I don’t think it has a description it should be the only tune I have shared though so just search baritone mike. There is no guarantee that it is a decent tune but I can 3 star all of the paved drift zones with it, and have a personal best of 82,433 in the Byron Suburbs drift zone. I was making sure it would pull off the 75k needed at the time for the Silvia challenge coming up.

Just incase you want to tweak something to your liking, all units are English.

Tire pressure is 28.5psi front and rear
gearing is 4.37, 2.89, 1.99, 1.49, 1.16, 0.94, 0.78 (final, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th)
Alignment is -3.8, 0.0, 0.1, 0.0, 7.0 (front camber, rear camber, front toe, rear toe, caster)
Anti Roll bar is 24.24, 51.23 (front, rear)
Springs are 321.7, 490.9, 6.2, 6.2 (front rate, rear rate, front height, rear height)
Damping is 5.3,11.4, 5.8, 11.7 (front rebound, rear rebound, front bump, rear bump)
No aero
Brake is 50%, 100% (balance, pressure)
Differential is 89%, 66% (acceleration, deceleration)

2 Likes

Fantastic, I’ll have a look when I get home from work. I tried a couple of tunes yesterday from the storefront but they seemed far too grippy to be drifting in. Thank you for the info.

Silvias have always been wonderfully balanced drift cars. =)

The '67 Vette has enough torque to reverse the earth’s rotation, awesome potential for a drift car.

Lighten it up and tweak the gearing, you won’t be disappointed.

(edit:) It’s also terrifyingly fast for C class, >150 MPH in stock trim.

I have been holding 296th out of 300,000 on the byron drift zone with an Alpine A110. An unexpected drift missle.