Any workarounds for the mirror problem?

Shame it’s still an issue…

The view i’m using with rig/wheel (or trying to use)

Means no mirrors at all in most scenarios

Using other view looks strange with having 2x wheel/arms/hands in view

Lowering monitor to look from diff angle (to block ingame arms) is not an option here. I’m stucked with the angles and montior can only moved upwards…

1 Like

The workaround? Hood view. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

But Hood view means no dash and is complete different view…

On PC u can in theory then overlay screenshot of the dashboard and make the dash working with telemetry but yeah u loose light/reflections

1 Like

Yeah it’s horrible that racing no wheel interior means the mirrors are pointless

Maybe if the option for seating position was implemented those that race interior no wheel could actually position themselves to make the mirror useful. As for now I just don’t worry about what is behind because they are never going to challenge me for the position anyway!

p.s I also notice you have your graphics set to what mine are to get the best fps possible, reminds me of PC2 back in 2017

1 Like

:joy:

2017? It’s Xbox SeriesX with PerformanceRT :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

all it needs is a simple PoV (point of view) slider and a option for virtual mirror on/off.
almost every car suffer from not visible rear mirrors.

2 Likes

Triple screen or super ultra wide are the only workarounds for this issue. But if you go with triples, the game doesn’t utilize them correctly. The game wants those 3 screens mounted flat in front of you.

@ZwiebackDetlef sorry for linking your reply. I just hit the reply button at the bottom of the page, and the site linked your post. I intedned this to be a general reply, not a reply to you specifically.

1 Like

Common rig setup… :rofl:

Watched some yt videos with ultrawide setup idk they still use hoodview
In one video person switched views for a second but yeah not an real mirror fix

Buy 32:9 monitor, or use 3 monitors xd

Ouch!, that looks like how my pc is setup to get 70ish fps with 85% scaling and no rt or the likes, but I am running 4k

There’s only so far the “Potato” setting goes on this game. I’m running low, and medium on mostly everything. Just so I am not looking at a shapeless blob while in cockpit view, I have the cars and liveries set to high. And after all that, I can’t keep a stable 82fps.

Sure I can set the game to unlocked, but watching the frame counter gleefully dance between 72 to 150 FPS doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence. Especially when I can practically hear a group of Frat Boys trying to initiate Forza by telling it to chug any time I encounter a turn. Its maddening! I have the game set to Atari 2600, and it still can’t hold a steady framerate…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

32:9 display
Default FOV

Max FOV [and leg inside steering wheel LOL]

1 Like

Yep low, medium here but have the cars set to ultra cause the game is all about the cars, liveries are low in settings then player liveries are off in freeplay.

Out of all the games I have played in the last 40 odd years FM8 is the only game I’ve ever had a FPS counter switched on and it’s the game that has by far taking the longest time and patience getting the settings right, even the ARMA games didn’t come close. 45fps in the benchmark, 65-78 at the Nord and never hit 100fps sadly even tho the game says I’m not even using half my VRAM

1 Like

Looks nice on 32:9 but can u pls show the other view without arms and wheel

Kinda off your topic but I’d like a virtual rear view mirror when i use chase cam close.

1 Like

It would be kinda cool if the developers could just put a mirror in the middle of the screens where a person needs it instead of out of view. Doesn’t matter if it isn’t just in the right “spot” in the car. Some things can be fudged in favor of better quality of gaming.

6 Likes

u cant see mirrors in vette in this view for whatever reason but i will show ya later :3

1 Like

Yeah, u should be able to use mirror even in 3rd person view, since even inside mirrors are basicaly the same as hood cam mirror = they show only whats directly behind car, u dont see what u are suppoused to see in side mirrors.

this is stupid tbh, mirror is above cam in some cars, so u cant see it. [max fov views]

Depending on car, views can be good… or rly bad like in p class acura

2 Likes

Thx… so some cars simply don’t have mirrors in this view. Seems they skipped fully on this 32:9 mode on first images u can see end of model used for the view.

So in theory they need new models for this view whole cabin in best case like acc and co. But they removed the mirror inside so why not just hacking a plane in as virtual mirror… Stuff is already in but pretty sure they decided to go with this before ppl cry for having 2 mirrors :smiley: