Anti Aliasing still bad after almost 3 years

Hi,

I always had this annoyance with anti aliasing in this game since day one. It is bad and it is ruining stunning visuals of this game.

FXAA is useless
MSAA is ok-ish I can run it at 8x but still get ton of aliasing in foliage and some cars.
TAA is full of artifacts, especially one annoying line that appears on left of the screen when going fast or turning rapidly and it has been there since TAA update.
I can’t use any of nVidia features since I am on AMD
XeSS causes ton of ghosting
FSR doesn’t look good at all, looks very blurry

Yes I am only playing at 1080p but there is lot of games that doesn’t have any problems with jagged edges at that res with good aa implementation.

Only good option that I experienced recently for AA is FSR3 Native Anti Aliasing and I think implementing that feature into game would benefit us on amd that doesn’t have access to nvidia tech

1 Like

I personally use Radeon Image Sharpening to help with the soft TAA image, but it obviously doesn’t help with the artifacting. The game also suffers from bad texture filtering, where some textures appear to be at 4x or lower…
If they’d fix the texture filtering, and add in AMD’s FSR Native AA feature, it’d make a big difference. Just tried Native AA in Ghost of Tsushima, and it looks fantastic, with very little performance impact!

True, FSR3 Native AA is very good, tried in in GoT and FS22 out of all games and it looks good

i use TAA 7 sharpness and looking very well (radeon 6700 non XT) , fsr 2.1 the game has ,and dont seeing fsr3 coming in that game they keep it for Horizon 6. They looking put more DLC cars than fix their game.

I can tolerate ghosting but I wish for them to at least fix line that appears on left of the screen when driving fast near objects. XeSS and FSR doesn’t have it and both of them utilize TAA as an AA so it is possible to be fixed.

What are you playing on Xbox or PC? If PC what are the specs?

PC

Ryzen 5 5600
RX 6700XT
Playing on 1080p Extreme settings, ray tracing off