[ANSWERED] Is Forza Horizon 4 Online Only?

I don’t know if this has already been answered in a Q&A somewhere since I haven’t really watched anything outside of the E3 reveal.

During the E3 reveal, Ralph Fulton talked about how FH4 was going to be a massive online world where players would come and go dynamically. To many people I’m sure this sounds great. However to myself and others this sounds like a nightmare and the pre-recorded gameplay at E3 made me even more worried about the design direction for this game.

My question is this, will Forza Horizon 4 allow you to play solo and turn off the online session merging that would allow random people in to your game or is that just something that you’d have to deal with if you want to play the game?

You can play in an offline mode. I will try to find the quote.

3 Likes

Thanks. This reaffirms my likely purchase.

1 Like

I found the answer in the Q&A linked below. Thanks Eduardo.

1 Like

“You don’t have to play online. You can play against Drivatars only if you wish.”
https://mobile.twitter.com/ralphmfulton/status/1006153433462607878

1 Like

Yes, but can you play online with friends against AI drivatars? Please say yes…this was a major issue for FM7.

Are you talking about the co-op campaign mode from FH3?

Yes sir!

I doubt if they will let you get multiplayer achievements without playing against real people, just like FM7.

2 Likes

Don’t care about achievements, just want the base feature/ability.

Not so fast, Brian only reaffirms that you can play online and off, but the real question is what is the default start up, online or off? And if you’re playing off line, will there be seasons that’s not synced with the wider community?

That would be nice if you could choose your seasons at will when driving on your own.

-k

1 Like

So people are saying there’s an offline mode but does anyone know how to actually get offline in a free roam ?

Unplug your network cable!

Go to Horizon Life on the menu and click the Horizon Solo button!

Smash your Router to pieces!

Call your ISP and tell them they suck!

Burn your house down!

Destroy your local power station!

Nuke the earth!

Some of these options are more extreme than others. I suggest you try option 2!

1 Like