AI driving is too perfect

Then you also solved your problem… Follow/add worse drivers then u’ll be able to win!

Except I have no problem beating these SAME people in Forza 5/6 and Horizon 2 on Pro so…

And clearly you missed the point of my post. You shouldn’t have to remove people, the drivatars SHOULD scale accordingly, but they do not. Yes, it does scale THAT drivatar, but it should put them all in line. IE All of my friends drivatars on Pro should be roughly the same difficulty, Vs all my freinds Drivatars on Average. So “AmazingExpertDrivatar” is easier on Average than Pro, but on Average he is still ROFLStomping the rest of the field.

Funny how some people keep saying how good they are and never lost … I would say that’s a lie because the AI is faulty where sometimes you have an AI driver that drives like he has a nitro booster. Ive just tried a race on all difficulty settings where two cars were damn hard to beat even on the lowest difficulty setting which should have been a piece of cake, ending up having an easier team beating them on the highest AI setting compared to the lowest setting. The AI really needs more work … the idea is nice to have drivatars that take on the characteristics of players, but so far it hasn’t worked out to well.

The Pro AI used to run into trees. It was at least entertaining. Now it’s too perfect, every time. no mistakes ever. meh. Doesn’t matter what car they have, they all get transformed into the same car under the body/hood.

I preferred them when they went off track or made a mistake occasionally. hehe.

My AI drivatars are based many times on good drivers on my friend list so I don’t mind if they are good. What I hate though is rubber banding. I’ve had races where I am totally smoking the AI only for one or two to come out of nowhere to be behind me even though they didn’t show on the mini map before and I hadn’t made any big mistakes. They can cheat a little because the FM distance ahead/behind meter is not in this game to my knowledge. If anyone knows how to toggle it if available it would be a huge help. I like evaluating my performance by reading the distance to other drivers.

-k

I just hate those cross country races with all those jumps, landings and hopping around. It’s suppose to be fun, but It pitches my vehicle all over the place unnaturally, and the AI drives along just fine lol. Could be because I play with TC and STM off. But it’s still annoying --… I have to drop the diffculty down 2 or 3 notches cus of that --

Absolutely right! There are XC routes that have all kinds of huge unrealistic jumps that I do once and then avoid after and some great street and semi-XC tracks that I set up big races on.

-k

Can’t believe there is still AI problems,sad when the small team of Assetto Corsa fixed their AI problems long ago.

2 Likes

Seconded T10/Playground where ya at bro?

1 Like

It’s a game… controlled by a computer… what do we expect.

That said, yup, they will often take corners faster than you can and take lines that are impossible for you to take. But I’ve also seen them run into trees, tumble end over end and drive off of a cliff on Blizzard Mountain.

It’s a game. Reduce difficulty and enjoy it.

being “too perfect” is the lesser of its evils.
my main problem with the is how hard they CHEAT. yep, cheat.

it’s more evident when you play cooperative (which is all i do). the rubber banding is absurd.
if you’re in the back of the field, the AI slows right down to a crawl, and when you’re in first, they cheat to catch up. you can never tell how well you’re doing based off the AI because they’re programmed to always be around you.

just a few examples:
Me and my friend in the Goliath course, at that long straight.

1st lap - We’re both in the middle of the pack. i have the faster car, so i claim some positions. he just keeps up with the pack.

2nd lap - i’m first, and everything i passed with ease the previous lap catches up to me in the straight now. wtf? my friend gets left in the dust by everyone, including people with his same car. they go like 30km/h faster than he peaks in the straight. so he goes into last place.

3rd lap - i know the AI works and i don’t want my friend to get DNF, so i stop and wait for him on the border between the forest part and the desert part. he’s like 30 seconds behind the last computer. we both get going at the same time. we catch up to the front of the field in a matter of a minute. i literally waited, completely stopped on the side of road, for longer than it took me to catch back up to the computers in the front. as soon as i’m in the front they get all expert again and start cheating. i can NEVER put a consistent gap between me and them. the further behind they get, the more they cheat to catch up. so me going too fast only screws up my friend.

that happens independently of difficulty settings, so might as well just use the hardest ones. i can’t tell the difference, honestly.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

just then the “they’re too perfect” issue arises. people who are really bad at games have no chance even in the lowest difficulty because the AI may be slow, but it never makes mistakes, while they do all the time. i honestly wouldn’t mind this too much if the other two issues weren’t a thing.

I race in unbeatable and I personally think the ai are just right

If you’re struggling on Average, you’re either driving badly (could be down to assist choice), or (more likely) using the wrong car/build/tune setup. The main thing that annoys me is starting at the back of the field in an AWD car and being slowed down by the cars in front. Personally, I prefer an AWD setup favouring slightly more power than grip. I also like to go max downforce because FH3 has a lot of wide, high-speed turns where downforce really makes a difference.

That said, I do sometimes notice that the AIs are able to take turns at far higher speeds than I can, but usually I make up for it on the straights.

As mentioned it is friend(s) based. These people who say the AI isn’t difficult or that they are Too easy, don’t have many “expert” level players on their friends list. That is why such the varying opinion on it. Anyone who says pro or expert is too easy, needs to follow better drivers ;).

I have some of the best Forza drivers on my friends list (as well as a varying degree of players) so depending on what AI is cued up, some races are impossible on anything above average, meanwhile other races are a walk in the park because those crazy good drivatars arent in the race.

I could play on Pro on any previous Forza, Horizon 2 included, without an issue. With Horizon 3 I just keep it on above average because I don’t want to keep changing it back and forth every time a “Supertar” is in the race with me. And to be honest even then some races are quite the challenge even with a perfectly tuned car.

It is unfortunate they dont have other AI options. I tried to get my wife into Forza but due to having me on her friends list she pretty much can never win even on the easiest setting. Combination of being brand new, and my Drivatar driving WAY above what should be the skill level for the easiest setting on the game. (this was with Forza 5 even). It would be nice if drivatars scaled better with the level of difficulty chosen, but the fact is they really do not.

A lot of ppl have said it, or a few ppl have said a lot of times, but l just witnessed how building your car up makes a big difference on your results. Put more PI into power and less on tires.

I just beat two street races with a Tiger l built for power and lvl1 tires. Previously those races were unbeatable for me. No change in difficulty or lineup.

1 Like

I just think you have a lot of way to scale Your AI level, i don’t have Your problem, i’m able to beat my drivatars on level high and without problems even with 4 high leveled drivatars… One day i’ll be able to beat pro with some effort or maybe not… It does’t really matter im having fun even at lvl high…

I think it is way too easy. I crush the bots on expert…

Im new players and having big issues against inexperienced ai, they never do any mistake and are so fast

I don’t get the AI at all, sometimes i crush Unbeatable and sometimes i have no chance against expert what gives?!