Xbox just exploded

My Xbox One S just exploded.
Anybody know how to get local data back from the HDD ?

Have you tried bringing it to a data recovery place?

2 Likes

What do you mean exploded? As in a real one? It blew up? How did that happen? Would love to see a picture.

Like the previous user said, taking it to a data recovery company is the safest way to go if the HDD is damaged.

Btw, aren’t your savegames stored in your account? Or do you have other things stored on it too?

2 Likes

Thanks to both replies but just got it working again and all data was intact.

It turned out ( after stripping it down and testing some components ) to be the power supply that had blown. Bought another one yesterday from Amazon - £35 - and it was delivered earlier today.
Fitted it, rebuilt box and Hey Presto it worked again. :smiley:
Just hope the new power supply lasts - along with everything else as the box is 6 years old.

2 Likes

Ah, the classic, well i’d still recommend getting the HDD checked so that it doesn’t fail out of the blue and you suffer a total data loss for that drive

I’ve already got an 8 TB external drive so I might just copy everything over to that for now.

Just glad the only thing gone was the power pack and that I could get another one delivered next day for pretty cheap considering the boxes aren’t available anymore.
Pretty simple to swap out as well once I had narrowed it down to that.
If it had been a motherboard issue other than the main power MOSFETS then I would have just given up.
It’s had a decent innings I suppose.