Worst Forza I have ever played

Agree. Why would you want every sequel to be exactly the same. Remember the saw movies. Its not as much fun the 2nd time round and after 5 whats the point anymore? I do admit though that the brakes pressure is to sensitive. But cant find anyway in helping with this even with using everybodys suggestions. I found using the base part of my finger was slower and more delibrate than the tip of my finger, which is more instant and harsher.seems to help a little

Updated the controllers last night. No improvement. Even have 2 controllers as we thought that the day 1 edition controller is faulty due to the brakes but the other controller was no better. I’ve always raced ABS off so I know how to race without it, but it’s near impossible to have close racing without locking up and going off the track or wiping someone out due to brake locking.
Also tried multiplayer again last night, that was a what I expected, people drive cleaner in GTA V and that’s saying something.
Also here’s a few of the tuning teams and racing teams that seem to have gone since forza 5.

Spot,
PBT
Gearbox
Spot tuning
HLR? (think some may be around but not like they was)
FTW

These are some what I can get from the top of my head, but there’s many more, the tuning lounge used to be heavily populated by well respected and put together companies competing with each other to push out the best tunes available and now most are okayish at best, yes they can get round the track but they’re not tuned properly to what a lot of people expect

I have my brake pressure at 56% or around there and I have no brake problems . I didn’t touch the dead zones or anything . my biggest dislike is the storefront layout if you can call it that . Its to
annoying and slow . Forza 4 storefront layout is way better .

You’ve mentioned spot twice, they guys are still around playing as PTG, Js still around with Gearbox too, but yes some tuning garages have closed up shop but others have opened to fill the spaces. Some of the other garages you mentioned I cant even remember seeing on FM4 and hopefully some tuners will be lured back with the recent tuning fix.

Woops, didn’t realise I put them down twice haha

Totally agree on this. I’ve played all Forza games.
The most fun I had was to buy a old crappy car and upgrade it to insanity, then go on that big test track in FM4 and just have fun with it.

But since I don’t really enjoy playing career in FM5 I don’t have a lot of money…
Also because of they removed that thing with cheaper parts for higher affinity. Now you just get another 500cr or something…

Right now I’m just waiting for Forza Horizon 2…

1 Like

Seriously? How anyone played Horizon is beyond me… How Turn 10 allowed the Forza name to be attached to it is even more confusing.

But on the topic… Forza 4 was my first experience with the franchise. Then bought Horizon because I thought it was going to be an actual Forza (read: Turn 10) product and have Forza physics. So, for me Forza 5 is a good game. Better than Forza 4? Heck no. Outside of graphics and physics, Forza 5 is a step down, I agree. But now that I have it and have invested all this money into it, what else can I do but enjoy it as much as I can without constantly comparing it to something else? That’s what you have to do. Adapt to the differences. If not, play Forza 4. I still do sometimes but now that I’m used to the graphics in 5, the poorer graphics in 4 are very noticeable.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but in FM5 I find myself trail braking a lot. Funny thing is I did it a lot back on FM2 but 3 and 4 not so much.

1 Like

If you don’t like playing it play a different game. If you want to play forza still, there are 4 other games in the franchise. Sorry 5, Horizons one (well not really it’s terrible). I don’t seem to have a problem with braking at all? In fact there is nothing wrong with them. They’re a little bit more sensitive, not outrageously, just got to get use to them.

I still primarily play forza 4, I do keep trying with 5 but there’s stuff that puts me off. The braking I could probably get used to in time but I don’t understand why they’re so much more sensitive than in 4

Have you guys been having this problem in career and lobby races? Have you tried running 10-15 lap races?

do you have two controllers Flaw3d?

If so, do me a favor and run an update one one, same procedure as the headset update…that is plug it in and run it. Don’t do the other. Then play with both. See if you notice anything. Thing I noticed was the triggers seem to have gotten a few more degrees in control at the fully compressed position…specifically between 90% &100% compression. Few weeks back I’d posted a thread about this noting that 90% compression = 100% output in forza. imho this seems to have been addressed.

Ok i just updated my standard controller and left the “day one”…

Sorry to say but defo no difference. Done a few hot laps on Spa & Long Beach and then just standing still pressing the brake.

Yeah i have two…Will defo check that out and report tonight and would love that to be the case :slight_smile:

At the end of the day this is a game… That’s all it is, a Game. With games you need to adapt. Because people are fast in one game doesn’t mean they are automatically fast in another. We know things change, look at the tunes for example. Camber anyone? Adapt play and try to enjoy. I’m under no illusions that this is a terrible game but it’s all we have for now (cough, project cars). Let’s just wait and see…

You people need to be playing with a wheel. Games that are sims like Forza, GT, Project Cars, etc should be played with a wheel, not a silly controller. Controllers are for games that are arcade like NFS, TDU, Burnout, PGR, etc. I have zero issues with the braking on Forza 5. Go buy a Thrustmaster TX.

Controller, lol smh

Last Forza game I used a controller on was Forza 1 on Original Xbox, aka been using a wheel since 2007 with Forza 2.

Yes everybody should play the exact same way you do, that will solve everything…

You ever stop to think that people just don’t like wheels with video games?

Congrats to you for using a wheel since Forza 2, but myself and others would much rather use a controller to play a video game. I’ve used wheels for video games before and they just don’t add to my enjoyment at all.

Anyways, I think Turn 10 killed the community with Forza 5. There are literally no features outside of rivals that promote strong community within the game. No car clubs, no auction house, no proper storefront, etc. etc. Instead they implement an automatic “storefront” where people have to search for tunes and designs solely by the car they are in at the time. Not only that but 9/10 times the search feature doesn’t work when you try to search for a design/tune. And for the life of me I still can’t figure out why they keep taking out the public user lobbies. It’s like they didn’t learn anything from Forza 3 where people were livid that the feature wasn’t available.

Ah well, hopefully Forza 6 will have all the community features this game needs, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

3 Likes

No everyone has 300-400 dollars to shell out on a wheel on top of their new 500 dollar console and 60 dollar game…

7 Likes

Don’t for one second think I’m loaded with cash. If I can, surely you can. I’m not rich. Got a decent job, with all your usual bills. In 360 I used Microsoft wheel. Since I only play Forza or sim titles with a wheel, I knew I was getting Thrustmaster. I set aside money, over time. By launch day, everything was paid for. So from Microsoft reveal in May, till launch in November, I set aside $1k & I’m very pleased with my purchase. Nothing hard about that.

With Forza though the Wheel makes you slower than the controller. With GT5 my times improved by 2-4 seconds with a wheel in Forza i struggled to beat any times.