Winter #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through August 20

LOL I’m sorry for the rude tone but I had an AI in the Agera RS outaccelerating me in the corners… Think about it.

I ran slicks TBH. Lazy, I know. But do they really expect me to change builds just for this championship?

P.S.: I didn’t use aero either.

I managed 3rd with Porsche 911 GT1 RWD, +TC at highly skilled on keyboard.
Lambo Sesto Elemento is AWD by default and it also does good on snow tires, not as good as Veneno, but still.

1 Like

Maybe, but we’ve already established you are an alien, and therefore don’t count. lol

1 Like

I wouldn’t blame you for being lazy. S2 on snow is ridiculous tbh.

1 Like

Thought I give this championship a go in a RWD car as well.
Worked out better than expected with the Agera RS. No driving aids, managed 1st, 1st & 1st against unbeatable AI.
Only doable with manual though. Every gear below 5th wasn’t drivable.

1 Like

Ok, so, I ran Midnight Battle with a 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0.
RWD, snow tires, heavy aero, engine mods but no turbo. I did not want the spooling to break grip all the time esp in mid-turn. Ran it with no mods, except ABS.
It did surprisingly well. Took all firsts. The second race by a ton. A snow plow may or may not have helped. This is why I wish you could review from other cars’ perspectives. I just looked back at one point and they were gone…and that happened at some point after I narrowly avoided getting completely obliterated by a snow plow. So dunno. But it handled the turns well, never felt out of control, just hovered on that lovely edge. A good ride.
Tune: 889 633 552

Then I ran Like a Boss with a 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion.
RWD, snow tires, full aero, max turbo, etc up to S2 998. Needed pretty much everything on it to get the numbers up.
Soooo…not quite as relaxed as the GT3. I ran the first race with no mods. ABS only. All those turns made it tough to keep the back end in line. Managed 4th, nearly had 3rd. Could def improve. Ran the second race no mods. Yeah, not gonna happen. lol. In the snow, so little traction just could not manage any turns and stay competitive. Ran it again with traction control and took 5th, had a shot at 4th. Could def improve. Ran the final race, the circuit, and took 1st. Not as much wall riding as you might think, but a few love taps here and there. However, to get into second and finally first, I think I may have violated the terms of my racing license. Pretty sure the officials at Forza will blacklist me for those maneuvers. lol. In the end, I tied pointwise but it gave me the win. So yay. 4th, 5th, then 1st equals a Championship victory. So, will I play with the tune a little more and try to get it smoother and better? No. Not at all. It was fun to do, glad I got through it, but that is not how I like to race. 1000+ bhp, 837 ft-lb torque and RWD only in the snow? No thanks. Now, throw AWD on it and take it out in Autumn? Absolutely. lol
Tune: 159 783 154

Ok, Porsche 911 GT1 S2 995 RWD, switched to manual+clutch transmission, left TC on and with highly skilled, won all 3 events

Now I have to let my keyboard to cool down … lol

Nicely done. Yeah, I’m still running auto. I think that needs to be my next evolution in this game, I feel like I am missing out.

And I didn’t want to do it again…but now I gotta. Not to beat you, but just knowing that I could do better than what I’ve already done.

Feel free to beat me, I don’t mind :slight_smile: Good luck/speed :slight_smile:

Doing this, I’m now even more sure into my decision to convert everything into AWD.

There are some cars that just have a good feel in RWD, I will admit. But if I need to throw the hammer down, especially with numerous corners and low traction…um, yeah, AWD it is.

So, ran it again after a little tweaking; changed the differential a little; lowered tire pressure; and kicked up the downforce a little. Much better. Still unruly…but much better. Still running auto, ABS, and this time traction control on all three tracks.

Placed 1st, 2nd, 1st. The first race, aside from those first two turns isn’t so bad. From a standing start, I accelerate much less than everyone else so I have to claw through the pack, but there are plenty of places to pass and was in first by about halfway…before the circle part. The second race, again slow start but can make it through the pack provided you avoid them as they slide side to side. I caught up to the leader just before the downhill section but got owned after that. I feel if I could have snuck in front, with all the turns would have been easy to block and hold position…but as it was, I just could not make any more ground. Third race, the circuit. I had to do this one twice. I think I found the car NightDriver was talking about. Mind you, this was the track I already placed first on. Dude was on fire. Finished six seconds ahead of the next AI. On a relatively small circuit. S2 class. Second time, it took me all the way to the second-to-last turn to nudge in front of him and finish 1st. Again, six seconds ahead of the next AI. Like wow.

Anyway, I did it. I’m done. Enjoy the challenges, I’m taking a nap. lol

Hey WangKeRui,

If you are up for trying it again, use this:

2008 Maserati MC12 Versione Corsa
Tune: 484 788 196

Just ran it. It owned Edinburgh. Took it to Glen Rannoch and it was very controllable. The braking was responsive. Never lost the rear. A little slide here and there, but you are going fast on snow, so yeah. But definitely in more control than before. Took first by over 5 seconds over the AI who was 4 seconds ahead of 3rd. Went to Ashmoor, and again, not a problem. Now, because it is a high-speed track in snow, you do have to apply brakes prior to some of the faster or sharper turns, but you can put your foot down and pick back up again without spinning out. So it kept its lead throughout. Again, 5 seconds ahead of the ‘fast AI.’

Gonna go try it on Unbeatable just to see. (Yeah I’m feeling all cocky now that I’m not doing the RWD Porsche anymore…lol)

Edit: Did it on Unbeatable. Took 2nd, 1st, 1st. Those first turns in Edinburgh are absolutely combative. It makes or breaks the rest of the race…

1 Like

Nice tune, it is like a better version of mine… wait, more correctly mine is a worse version of yours - anyway like it. Very smooth and very not twitchy although as you say still has some sliding on corners (but nothing compared with the tune I made - that was a tail heavy tune), easily manageable. Did give it a like of course!

I find it interesting your tune has both more power and torque - tamer with more power. The other interest is, it is heavier - I have felt that at times making cars lighter is not always useful, however have not put effort into testing it (I do sometime take another option, or just avoid reducing weight on some tunes because I feel it won’t be helpful against opponents or event type - i.e. Games builds).

I did not manage the leads you mention, although I think that is driver error and not the tune at all, I made first in each race, getting in front of the pack far quicker than with my tune (although same issues with passing A.I., blocking, sudden slowing and the like). The A.I. did again turn up with the Lego Bugatti as the car to beat, would seem this maybe the default for this class/type.

For something else - Truck be a Lady is an event some of you may have noted for the Spring season - Truck racing, which is going to be a love it or hate it event for sure - personally I feel we need more of this oddball/left field stuff. I found some details, and have created a tune for the upcoming event, if anyone has some desire to try such out early:

2014 MB Unimog U5023, “B700 CC Spring”, (418 559 127).

(mods please delete this part if against terms - note I found details online, I can not claim details will be as stated beyond similar details have previously been correct)

Enjoy.

1 Like