Windows Build 1903 and excruciatingly long load times

Your solution does not work as you cannot connect to horizon life if you follow your method. Someone on reddit has commented about the same.

We are back to square one.

I can tell you the same, what I replied there: this problem has been around for a while, and there seems to be no fix for it. You can either play offline or not play at all. Your choice. This way you can at least get the 50% rewards for the seasons, if you can’t play at all, then you won’t get them at all…

Are the devs looking at a fix? Don’t the devs use a PC to notice this issue?

So update from my side - it is fixed for me.

But it took a complete fresh installation of windows.

I got a new board and cpu and did a fresh win10 installation, installed horizon 4 with all expansions.
the loading times are back to normal for me WITH win10 1903.

1 Like

That’s at least good to know - I’ve been considering a reformat myself anyway so it’s good to know that should fix it.

Still, for a Microsoft-centric studio it is bizarre to me that this issue hasn’t been resolved yet.

I tried fresh install of 1903 build of Windows 10. Then installed the game along with all DLC. The issue still remains.

same problem, fresh install win(1903) and game, but still long load

Devs have acknowledged this problem. Hoping for a fix soon.

new update and still no fix…

My computer upgraded to 1903 this morning. Been having the long load times on 1809 so I can’t imagine what my game will do with the 1903 update and the fh4 update the same day.

So, I can’t speak to anyone else’s experience or if this would work for anyone else, but here’s what I did:

1. Complete reformat / fresh install of latest Windows 10 1903 release
  2. Install Forza Horizon 4, VIP Pass, and both expansions ONLY (no install of the car packs or anything)
  3. Start up the game, let it sync data (took a very long time to do this for some reason, but it did finish eventually)

Now the game loads super fast, even faster than before when I was on 1809. Loading between areas is much faster as well. I still have access to all of the DLC cars even though they’re not “installed”.

I know a complete fresh install of Windows is not what anyone wants to really do, but it did work for me.

2 Likes

Thx. But i only deinstall all dlc(exept vip, lego and fortune island) and its help

Hello,

For Support, please visit https://support.forzamotorsport.net
Our current hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 6:00am-3:00pm PST / 9am-6pm EST
Posting in the Forums is not submitting a ticket.

You can find more information here: https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst132742_Read-First–How-to-contact-support—Updated-July-26th–2019.aspx

Thank you!