Why do we keep coming back?

Because why not? I don’t really have another game to scratch the car itch in as “satisfying” a way as FH5 right now, so I occasionally poke at while wondering when the bloody expansion is coming.

2 Likes

Expansion will hopefully be soon. Think FH4 had both out by this many months after initial release or not long after. there was even a suggestion of a third on that which never happened though.

1 Like

Why do I keep coming back? It’s a good question. Currently I come back each week to check out the weekly chorelist. I then go back to my other games which are much more competitive and rewarding for me. I’ll play FH5 more when the expansion comes out in series 10.

4 Likes

Honestly I’m coming back as little as possible. Prefer to spend my time on Horizon Zero Dawn right now, which I finally got around to starting. I come back to do the chores and keep up with the exclusive car releases.

1 Like

Same - series 10 might be a hopeful wish at this state though. So many bugs yet to fix in the base game.

1 Like

“Chore list” well said & exactly how it feels! :smile:

5 Likes

Don’t hold breath for fixes. I’m wearing out my on off switch rebooting. BSOD passed into Forza series.

2 Likes

Probably trying to get people into buying a new console after breaking the old one…

2 Likes

Simply put, there’s always something new to do, somewhere new to explore, a new car to test, a new challenge to complete. It also helps that you can utilize your creativity to build almost anything with Blueprint Builder / Super7. And to be honest, I kind of enjoy how many glitches there are… sometimes. For example, in FH4, I loved exploring out-of-map, and it was as easy as placing the finish line of a custom route in front of where you wanted to go. It’s more difficult than that in FH5, and it’s a lot of fun to discover new places you aren’t really supposed to be in… I truly hope that the devs put in as much time, thought, and effort for FH6 as they possibly can. At this point, they really need to knock it out of the park.

1 Like

As said, after the weekly chores are done, I spend most of my time thinking what do I do now. - Nothing.
In FH4 I experimented with a few Blueprints - even got quite a few downloads and likes but in FH5 - can’t be bothered,

1 Like

Here are some pictures that I took from outside the map… Can you identify where they are taken from??

1 Like

Because there aren’t many games like Forza where you can create your own events without a map editor. Because there’s an open world where you can do whatever you want, almost without limitations.
Because you can choose between single player and multiplayer, whereas many of the online racing games I can think of are only limited to multiplayer and If nobody’s online, you can’t play.
Because there aren’t many games where you can choose the level of simulation. For instance, on Assetto Corsa you can disable all assists for stability and so on but the stupid car still won’t drift. And to me a game sucks, if you can’t drift the car.

3 Likes

The foundations of the game, it’s as simple as that for me.

How many of us would continue to play if it was still the same map with the same content but with NFS’s physics?

I know I wouldn’t, I enjoyed all 3 of the reboot NFS’s + The Crew 2 but didn’t + didn’t want to play another minute after getting all the possible achievements in them.

4 Likes

Not entirely sure on this as I can’t quite follow the gist.
Seems to be on the same lines though as FM5, 6 & 7.
After Achievements / gameplay done - game done. No need to go back.

2 Likes

I just took a look at this week’s events and decided not to do any of them. Went to the auto show to claim my game pass car, and with that, I am done until next week.

5 Likes

I still come back to the forums from time to time, but honestly I haven’t touched a Forza game in months. I played FH3 and FH4 to death and near the end of FH4’s support asked myself this same question of why I kept coming back when I was so frustrated with the exclusive car nonsense. With FH5 being more of the same, I just decided it wasn’t worth it and have been happily playing other games and occasionally checking in to see if anything has improved like when FM7 removed all the car locks.

3 Likes

I got it! Just came up with the definitive answer.

We keep coming back so we have things to gripe about here. It brings us together in this forum. It’s not about the game, it’s about forum fellowship!

4 Likes

The shadowy ranks of the ELIMINATI

1 Like

Still to this day not touched FM7.

2 Likes

@PassionWagon69
Good Choice - unless you want to compete in online championships against super elite drivers there’s no point. the game itself died shortly after release - only thing keeping it going are these online events where you’ve no chance against the superstars.

2 Likes