Who are your favorite and least favorite FH5 content creators and why?

Who are your favorite and least favorite FH5 content creators and why?

My favorite are:

AR12Gaming - YouTube - Initially I couldn’t stand this guy’s voice and avoided his YT vids like the plague. It wasn’t until I stumbled across one vid of him where he was being quite humble and reviewing comments by others making fun of him which was hilarious. That’s when I started watching him and he is now possibly my favorite content creator. At least most watched. I also don’t mind his voice any more.

Jakexvx - YouTube - I watch this guy whenever I want to know more about upcoming content whenever it gets announced. He has great attention to detail and conveys things very clearly.

lesspainlv - Twitch - I only recently stumbled across this guy on Twitch but he appears to host conveys with his community where they select a random car, class and track and then race each other. I joined them last night and unfortunately my first convoy was Goliath… d-class… Just wait… Unimog lol. 24 minutes later I took the W. Anyway he seems like a really cool guy and has abit of a following. The other thing I liked about him and his community was that no one had a clue who I was. They are like who are you??? I’m anonyyymous. Anonymous??? No anonyyymous. Anomous??? Arghhh!

My least favorite are:

Ericship 111 - YouTube - He gets alot of views. The thing I can’t stand and the reason I don’t watch him is because of how much time he spends thanking his community and how much he would appreciate his community liking and subscribing bla bla bla. If he didn’t do this then I might start watching him again.

1 Like

I don’t watch many, because I generally find them annoying. AR12Gaming is one that I have occasionally watched and even made it through an entire video from time to time, but I have been known to shut off his videos partway through. But mostly I only watch videos about the games leading up to their release, or sometimes for info about upcoming changes or DLC. Watching people I don’t know just play games has never really appealed to me.

3 Likes

AR12Gaming & FailRace on YouTube are by far my favourite and most watched channels. Both run various games but I watch AR12 for Forza Horizon and Formula 1 content, with FailRace mostly for FH.

FailRace is so far the only streamer I’ve found to make very liberal use of the Drone during race events. Really great content and a very distinctive British voice too.

Next up would be HokiHoshi on YouTube who has a lot of tuning tips I’ve found useful.

Next up is Quadro40k on YouTube who posts primarily from the playlist events and stunts. He makes a point of promoting tunes and liveries that he uses in races.

Last, but not least, is DonJoewonSong on YouTube. He doesn’t post that often, but the content is usually beautifully presented and shows off his fabulous driving skills. It’s nuts how much talent this guy has.

2 Likes

I think we all wish we could drive like DJS lol. The reason I didn’t mention him is to your point that he doesn’t post much these days. I’ll check out your other recommendations anyway.

2 Likes

I like waznewz, because he kept me sane through several of the awful FH4 trials. :smile:

2 Likes

Stevio, who posts here on the forums, has some very useful guides to various hard-to-do events in FH4 and FH5.

YouTube usually chucks JakeXVX at me first after some announcement about an update, and then Ericship111. I agree with anonyyymous about the latter being repetitious.

FailRace has a good variety of races across a range of games.

I find waznewz variously entertaining and annoying. Same with AR12 Nick.

ISAD, although with him, it’s “This car is a bit rubbish in S1 class”, which is followed by him winning all the races or ploughing through the field like it’s not there.

2 Likes

Overall, I like Nick & Stevio’s content approach. HSG Automotive (corruptedisc) does some excellent tuning guide videos, step by step for those trying to learn the process. He was always my go to for tunes when I first started playing back in FH4 & decided to try my own tuning.

What I don’t like are the “send me money” messages that are often inserted into these types of videos or attempts at annoying catch phrases to like the videos. I get that these videos, in many cases, take a lot of time & effort, which I appreciate, but a “for profit” approach is when I hit the X lol.

1 Like

Watched FailRace back in FM4 with their rip-offs of Top Gear challenges but that’s all.

Personally I don’t see much reason to watch them, as much as I love Forza it just isn’t a deep series with hidden secrets, cut content or vague lore open to speculation that can provide some new angle or interesting take, and anyone who relies on publishing videos to do with cars, seasonal events etc is just (and I’m sorry if you do watch them for these but it’s what I think of them…) exploiting other people’s laziness, they are not mentally taxing, long or difficult things to find out for yourself.

1 Like

I like DJS the best. Quality over quantity, cares about making videos more than an upload schedule, only does talking videos when there is something interesting to talk about. The rest is actual content as opposed to just stretching out 2 minutes of news (which is just copied from other sources that anyone following the game closely already knows) into 10 minutes.

My most hated is AR12gaming. You could not be more stereotypical annoying YouTube persona if you tried. The antithesis of DJS, quantity over quality. Even his in game club is like that. I always laugh when I see the AR12 club tag. Most of the time when you see a club tag, it means you can expect a jump in driver quality, except the AR12 tag. They are usually in a metaslaved car that they have no idea how to handle, and are often rammy dillweeds to boot.

2 Likes

Would definitely agree on DJS; haven’t seen too many of his, but would agree on quality for what I have. As far as the annoying stereotypical YT persona: when they are literally making $Ms off of it, I’m sure they really don’t care lol

1 Like

Waznewz is first on my list as i usually participate in his paint competitions. DJS comes second, although he hasn’t been posting much lately for some reason. occasionally i’ll check out Stevio and Hoki Hoshi if i have the time and inclination to do so.

2 Likes

Why people would ever want to watch that baffles me, but then again so much in the world has baffled me of late that it’s become the norm.

1 Like

Yep, couldn’t agree more unfortunately.

AR12 is a great comedian. Stevio has mastered the style of being a youtuber well. Failrace gives old style commentary for an innocent audience. I sometimes catch a vid from that Dubs guy. Jake has his big scoop from his reddit contact - ‘the leaked car list’ - usually the rest of his content is stuff I’ve heard of already. But others might not have I guess. Pleasant guy mind you. Mitchcactus is a guy that appears on my suggested list. I’ve never seen a guy just strangle every inch out of the Mustang/Sesto method or to told us how to snipe from the AH. Btw, have you heard he sells m…?:sleeping::sleeping:

The only guy I actively seek out is SP4 for his occasional tunes videos.

1 Like

I’m not really a YouTube or social media guy in general - outside of what is “required” for work nowadays with linked in and stuff.
Thus, I rarely watch it. If, then the official update streams (Forza Monthly, PG one) and the German Pixelhelden channel because he has tons of background info on the new cars and presents it without begging for subs or hyperactive behaviour.

1 Like

Ever since Johniwanna has been dispatched, I haven’t watched any.

In my opinion, he was, and even in his absence continues to be, the undisputed king.

1 Like

From Don Joewon himself;

“Yeah I play with clutch mate…
However, I go into the Controller settings and swap the option that says “Swap Handbrake with Clutch”
That way I can now press “A and X together to shift Down” and “A and B together to shift up”
It’s so much easier.
Hope this helps.”

1 Like

I drive auto so awe heck nah lol

2 Likes

Although I don’t have a favorite content creator, if I did, I imagine it’d be one who didn’t ask me to “smash the like or subscribe button”.

No offense meant if anyone here does that. For some reason, it’s just one of those things that really grinds my gears. I’m sure there are lots of people smashing the like and subscribe buttons all over the world as I type this.

2 Likes

Completely agree. Btw I would appreciate if you could give my comment a like. Likes help to improve my chances of the PGG algorithm picking up my comment for others to view. Also don’t forget to follow me on these forums so that you’re alerted whenever I say something stupid. I also just want to say thank you to everyone who has liked my comments to date. Every comment helps me as a PGG forum content creator pay my bills in real life. What were we talking about again?

3 Likes