Where has the sun gone?

I was seeing so much rain early on in career mode, I thought I might need to see if there was an arc available as dlc, or from the specialty dealer.
Initially, I didn’t care much for the rain or the night racing. But it really has added a little depth to the game and challenged me to become better.

At least when it’s not sunny the absurd windscreen reflections are toned down a bit. So, every cloud…

sorry if im posting this in the wrong thread… i friend of mine asked this question the other day and i had no clue;

does using hdr10 solve some of the lighting issues in the game? for instance, brake lights looking very bright and glowy, headlights looking dim by comparison, detail missing or ‘crushed’ due to low contrast, unusually dim conditions during night driving etc.

i don’t own the game yet, was planning on buying but i don’t know. anyhow, help appreciated.

I was wondering if it was a lack of HDR as well, but I don’t think so because it’s always overcast or foggy which makes everything very dim and dingy. Weather related I suspect. If I quit and restart a bunch of times eventually I’ll get a race bright enough that there isn’t such a dark look but it’s a bit annoying. The bad lighting and gloom has put me off of playing a lot.

Not being able to set the weather to sunny has completely ruined the game for me. My room is pretty bright, and with the dull weather in the game, I can’t see anything! I always and only choose the sunny options. I love seeing the sun shining on the tarmac and reflecting off my car. But the grey, flat, lifeless, dull crappy day is just depressing. It’s also incredibly frustrating as you can’t see anything at all unless you use blackout blinds in your house (which I don’t have, my apartment is very bright at all times of day).

They have gone to the trouble of creating beautiful bright sunny tracks, but not bothered to give us the option to select them. This is such crap customer service. Just assuming what is best for us and forcing us to play the game your way, without even taking into consideration things like our preferences, or our environment. Dark games are very hard to see in bright rooms.

Prague track in sunny conditions is my favorite racing experience on any game ever. But with dull grey overcast cloudy conditions, it is completely unplayable in my home. From my favorite gaming experience to something that just annoys me and is unplayable, because the devs decided that they know what we want better than we do.

Not happy.

1 Like

This is one of my major grips about the game - it’s just too bloody dim all the time! Why on Mount Panorama is it always so dim in sun-drenched New South Wales where the Mount is located?! I get it that lower lighting on tracks is supposed to be challenging, but for Pete’s sake man, do we really need a vitamin A test constantly! I hope this addressed in the new game!

Dark and drab on the cockpit views, but there’s enough light to reasonably illuminate the inside of the car when you switch to any of the external views. It’s almost like the windshield has limo-tint on it. Sigh…

This has been an issue since FM3, but it takes ray tracing for Turn 10 to fix it. Something tells me it’s still going to be an issue in the FM reboot.

Totally agree.

There’s been times I’ve simply closed the console and not finished a race. Reason being, it’s a tad difficult to race others if you can’t actually see them or where the track edges might be to complete the ‘Stsy on track’ mod.

And yes, it can be ‘depressing’ to continually race in dull setting. Perhaps adding a ‘slider’ in the game settings sections .

I trust this will not be the same in the upcoming ‘Forza Motorsports’.

Never had a problem with it being too dim. Could it be your brightness settings?

A couple years ago, I noticed the shadows were weird, so I went looking to figure out where the light source was. I think it might have been on Daytona. Anyway, what I discovered was, there isn’t just one sun. There are several, at various points around the track. I guess so that the shadows aren’t always in the way, or the car is always lit properly or something.

I’ve wanted to be able to control the time of day when setting up a race… Most of the time I want to race on a clear day at noon, but for most tracks that I like to race on I have to back out of the track and re-enter a couple times to get the right weather I want. It isn’t as bad now that I have a better Xbox, but man, I hated having to reload the track. Would’ve been easier to have “Sunny” or “Overcast” options rather than just having to cross your fingers and hope to get the weather you want

Free play has that option. What mode are you in?