When a Mustang is not a Mustang

Sadly yes - thought the dead horse had been thrashed enough and only thing needed was to dig a hole but then it switched to EV fuel issues and I suddenly got interested again.
Sorry - Maybe the fuel thing needs to be moved to a new thread but Iā€™m not sure how to do that.

3 Likes

Dead horse? Pun intended there? :wink:

3 Likes

But of Course - again pun intendedā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t give the overlords any fuel. Theyā€™ll lock it or bundled it up some obscure place and spoil all our fun!

3 Likes

Yeah - would be good if I could just move these into a new one though to stop annoying all the dead horse thrashers from carrying on without having to read them.

2 Likes

It might get Admin split off and moved eventually :slight_smile: Until thenā€¦ consider it the graveside service for the much abused equine :wink:

And, fwiw and if any interest, I dug up an old news article on that battery refilling idea might be the one you were thinking of Aaorta. Some reading for me later anyway :wink:

Refillable Batteries for EVs

2 Likes

Tried to select all the relevant posts and make it a new thread but it didnā€™t bring them over - just a link back to the original.

Thanks for the other link though - Iā€™ll need to read this.

1 Like

@ Not_Here_Too
Managed to get the posts in to the new one - just need to delete the link back to the dead horse oneā€¦

2 Likes

The thing is its fords car they designed it so they can call it wat they want to some extent, i would imagine the own the licence to name cars mustang or something like that, like the way Porsche own the rights to name cars 911.

3 Likes

Kraft owns the JELL-O brand and could apply it to rock candy if they wanted to, but I bet people would eschew that insanity and continue calling gelatin desserts JELL-O. Thatā€™s what happens when a brand is successful enough to establish an identity in the public consciousness.

4 Likes

Yes but ultimately it would be whoever owns the brand what they apply it to, in a sense the marketing and PR for Ford regarding the electric mustang has worked its got peoples attention and talking about it.

2 Likes

Ultimately a brand could die due to such a decision, and yet live on in the public consciousness thanks to its original identity. Trade marks are only useful for legalities and can slip through an ownerā€™s fingers while remaining firmly in use by the public.

3 Likes

But on the grand scale of things its not that important, maybe Ford will make the next version look more like a mustang, use a mustang bodyshell instead of a focus who knows, depends how many sell I guess.

2 Likes

But on an even grander scale, who really cares?

The Jeep Wrangler hybrid still works and looks like a Wrangler and the trail rated version still has to pass the same trail test as any other Jeep.

1 Like

no, changing the electrolyte isnā€™t going to do anything; there are two electrodes that change chemically during charging/discharging cycles, when discharged they have to ā€œre-formā€ and just changing the electrolyte wonā€™t do that

ah, yes, that makes more sense, I wasnā€™t aware of that concept

The Mach E is a Mustang.

4 Likes

Oh noā€¦

:musical_note:

This is the horse that wouldnā€™t die, it just goes on and on my friend.

Some people started talking bout it, not knowing what they said.

And theyā€™ll go on talking bout it forever just becauseā€¦

This is the horse that wouldnā€™t die, it just goes on and on my friendā€¦

:laughing:

1 Like

Iā€™m not mixing in again.

1 Like

probably about time to flog a dead cobra, methinks

1 Like