When a Mustang is not a Mustang

Speaking of Hawaii… and I’ll plead ignorance here, seems like you’re sitting on an endless (clean ?) energy source of incalculable power. Anything much being done with geothermal there ?

3 Likes

Geothermals - hadn’t considered that.
Iceland springs to mind and probably many others.
The refilling thing was on the news or a documentary several years ago but again seems to have either died off for some reason or it’s still being worked maybe ?

2 Likes

Not a subject Native Hawaiians are willing to let be developed. End of discussion. That’s how a lot of things get done here. But I moved to Hawaii to live in Hawaii for the reason of it is Hawaii. I left Oregon for the reason of others moving there then saying, “that’s not how we did it - wherever”. @KnightOfRen8514 can probably understand this.

4 Likes

Things are done differently here. Road building, a road in the Mainland that would take a summer season to build. Here takes 3 to 5 years minimum. Construction of any kine (Hawaiian word for kind) is as weather permits. That means it may be to rainy to work or it may be good surfing weather. In which case, work can wait a day or two.

2 Likes

Pity they won’t let it happen. Could be a new Superpower - both for Hawaii and energy in general.

2 Likes

Ah yes, now you say it I recall the issue. Thanks.

2 Likes

Jesus. This thread is still going? Look what Ford has done to us.

3 Likes

No no, we’re onto better things in it now. Really ! :laughing:

2 Likes

Sadly yes - thought the dead horse had been thrashed enough and only thing needed was to dig a hole but then it switched to EV fuel issues and I suddenly got interested again.
Sorry - Maybe the fuel thing needs to be moved to a new thread but I’m not sure how to do that.

3 Likes

Dead horse? Pun intended there? :wink:

3 Likes

But of Course - again pun intended…

1 Like

Don’t give the overlords any fuel. They’ll lock it or bundled it up some obscure place and spoil all our fun!

3 Likes

Yeah - would be good if I could just move these into a new one though to stop annoying all the dead horse thrashers from carrying on without having to read them.

2 Likes

It might get Admin split off and moved eventually :slight_smile: Until then… consider it the graveside service for the much abused equine :wink:

And, fwiw and if any interest, I dug up an old news article on that battery refilling idea might be the one you were thinking of Aaorta. Some reading for me later anyway :wink:

Refillable Batteries for EVs

2 Likes

Tried to select all the relevant posts and make it a new thread but it didn’t bring them over - just a link back to the original.

Thanks for the other link though - I’ll need to read this.

1 Like

@ Not_Here_Too
Managed to get the posts in to the new one - just need to delete the link back to the dead horse one…

2 Likes

The thing is its fords car they designed it so they can call it wat they want to some extent, i would imagine the own the licence to name cars mustang or something like that, like the way Porsche own the rights to name cars 911.

3 Likes

Kraft owns the JELL-O brand and could apply it to rock candy if they wanted to, but I bet people would eschew that insanity and continue calling gelatin desserts JELL-O. That’s what happens when a brand is successful enough to establish an identity in the public consciousness.

4 Likes

Yes but ultimately it would be whoever owns the brand what they apply it to, in a sense the marketing and PR for Ford regarding the electric mustang has worked its got peoples attention and talking about it.

2 Likes

Ultimately a brand could die due to such a decision, and yet live on in the public consciousness thanks to its original identity. Trade marks are only useful for legalities and can slip through an owner’s fingers while remaining firmly in use by the public.

3 Likes