Wheel Support - Changing steering degree on G27

Greetings,
I’ve got a G27, which works great on my PC and Forza Apex, but I can’t find out how to change the steering degree kind of. It seems the game only regonizes something between 180 and 270 degree. Changing the max steering angle by hardware on the g27 doesn’t seem to do anything (explained: G27 Hardware wheel lock settings)
Even the Logitech Profiler on global settings doesn’t affect the game, since it can’t be launched directly by the Profiler.
Maybe somebody else can explain to me how to change it, because I didn’t find anybody else having the same issue online and it works on games like Assetto Corsa.
Thanks

1 Like

I am having this exact same issue. Everything works great but the game steering wheel seems to lock and I dont seem to get any more turning out of the car. Still testing tho.

EDIT: I went in the game and watched while I turned my wheel. I do not have full range steering. Maybe half…

Guys please use the ingame telemetry to check your steering range, both the animations for the driver and the front wheels of the car don’t show correct angles. Only the telemetry will give you the correct info

1 Like

Thanks,
It’s like you explained. I’m new to Forza on PC, sorry.
Appreciating your helpful response :slight_smile:

Yeah, i’m dealing with the same. I now i’m a bitch for wanting wheel support, and now that i have it i’m complaining, but i can’t drive with 180º. If i don’t have 900º i prefer using my ps4 controller.

There are ini files that areeditable in the game install folder. Look for the folder

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApexPG_2.5.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\media

The G27 file is

controllerffb-0x046dc29b.ini

Make sure to backup the file before doing any modifications.

I can see rotation in there, for me its -10. How would i adjust this to get what I want?

Use Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.9.2.html to edit it and save your change but remember to backup the file before changing anything. I have no idea what to do with this because I don’t have a G27 and I haven’t touched it for my wheel so you wll have to experiment with it to see what works for you.

I played with my wheel more. Looks like the animation of the driver and the wheels is messed up. But I have full range turning radius. I can turn till the animation stops. and drive a circle, then turn tighter and it changes my radius closer. So thats a mystery solved. Still does not make sense why turning in this game sucks tho.

Download logitech profiler you can do anything with the g27 with this handy app.

^ if you read post #3, it has always been this way since way back on Forza Motorsport 2

You have been playing Forza this long and just now being “that guy”?

Yeah, I have the same problem and I can definitely tell that the tires simply stop moving after about 45° of steering. I.e. I turn the wheel of my G27 about 45°C in one direction and the tires in game keep moving. But after that, nothing moves anymore in-game while I have plenty degrees of rotation left.

It is basically undriveable, almost like a digital on-off button. Sucks.

same issue here.
Logitech G29…
I’m perplexed - why wouldn’t they just give us a rotation slider like Forza 6 on XBONE?!

I’m considering cancelling my Horizon 3 pre-order while I still can.

The wheels turn further but the animation stops, look at the telemetry

No, it does not. A, the wheels are fully turned.

B: I can drive any track with just about moving the G27 wheel 2-3cm in each direction, i.e. roughly 30°C of turning my G27. That includes hairpins such as in the Rio-city-track.

This cannot be correct. I should be able to make a hairpin/u-turn while barely moving the wheel at all. This is not an issue with the animations.

Edit: The in-game telemetry confirms this. There is that steering input indicator (like, half of a circle with a white mark showing where your wheel is pointing) and it maxes out when I reach 45° of turning my G27.

Ok, my mistake but it is a common trend getting the animation mixed up. try checking your logitech profiler and make sure it’s set to 900, if that’s not the cause then check the setting on the wheel (link in the OP) if that’s not it either then I’m stumped

Profiler is set to 900 degrees - confirmed this by losing my [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] and playing Assetto Corsa instead.

I had this steering angle issue as well, but it went away when I restarted the game. That was the first thing I tried, because I had the same problem with Dirt Rally while ago when I re-installed the Logitech Profiler. Seems some kind of bug somewhere.

In regards to the wheel rotation settings (found in the advanced settings), Or really lack there of. Why is it that you can find videos/screenshots of the same game on xbone of the settings where at the very bottom you can change the rotation angle by ° ? And in the pc version the settings look the exact same but then seems to stop short before the slider makes it to the bottom, And you’re left with this little gap, that if you weren’t looking for that last setting, you would probably miss. Am I the only one with this problem? Has anyone found a solution? I’ve tried going into the folder to tweak them manually but i don’t seen to have access to it.