Wheel losing clutch function after setting changes

Every time I change from manual w/clutch to manual to drive cars with a sequential gearbox I lose my clutch when I change back. I have to change my wheel profile to default, save, back out, drive and press A to “activate” the clutch, change back to my custom profile, save. The clutch also deactivates any time I make changes in advanced controls. It sometimes deactivates when I return to the game from quick resume. It is incredibly aggravating to have to the do the profile swap trick all the time. It discourages me from driving anything other than stick shift cars so I never drive anything with more than 6 gears.

It would be nice too if the game would choose the gearbox based on the car. It is silly to have to drive 4 speed automatic classic cars with a stick because I don’t want to lose the clutch again. I don’t think the gearbox choice should be tied to difficulty either. It should just be part of the simulation. But for now just please fix this bug. I love the variety of cars the game offers but not being able to drive them properly or having to jump through hoops every time I switch cars or change advanced settings is a real bummer.

Xbox Series X
Fanatec CSL DD
CS shifter
CSL pedals

This bug has been in the game since launch, its appalling that literally mapping controls is too hard of a task for these devs. I’m disappointed that nothing has been done and it looks as though they may even be ignoring the issue entirely. Fix this in the next update or boycott.

1 Like