What's wrong with Porsche?

Tail happy I can handle, there are a lot of RWD cars in Forza that are tail happy. It’s the way it lollops around like a fish and if you apply any throttle whatsoever in a fast bend you end up with a front wheel of the ground and its hopping around like a frog. They are hands down the worst handling cars on the game.

There are worse handling cars in the game. The Polaris RZR, the BMW Isetta, and that one ridiculously spinny FWD race car - I want to say it’s some sort of LMP, but I’d have to look in my garage…

The polaris handles similarly to the 911s, the reasons it sucks are the same. And i know what you mean it’s a Nissan.

Some of the Porsches are not too bad, matter fact the 918 for instance handles a lot better in this game than in Forza 6. The 911 gt3 RS is decent too in handling. The 911 turbo I can agree with as well as the weird handling cover car gt2 RS. I’m also surprised as to how squirrely the new 911 rsr is for a GTE racer, that is another one. So I half agree with you.

Opinions aside, I don’t think the Porsches handle that bad.

All it takes is being light on the throttle and tuning the brakebias just a bit to the rear wheels.

And for the Nissan GT-R LMP race car, that thing is great in my opinion! It’s fast and nimble. It needs some getting used to, but it’s well worth it.

2 Likes

Which 911 GT3 RS? if the 2012 one then that’s just as bad as the rest, the 2016 model is the only one I’ve not driven yet. I still don’t have it, its the last one i need for the achievement.

Yeah I’m talking about the 2016 gt3 RS. That one is a lot better than the 2012 version.

You can rent the 2016 in free play to pop the achievement if you want to.

As for the handling, I find the 2012 GT2 and GT3 to be particularly bad stock, specifically front end lift around corners while getting on the throttle. The cover car not as much, and the older ones not much at all (once non-stock suspension is fitted). I personally tune it out by increasing the overall spring rates while adding more rear bias, and then increase the size of the front sway bar to offset the added oversteer. You can also add the Forza aero and increase the front down force, but I prefer to keep that stock. The key seems to be allowing for enough weight transfer to maintain grip while not allowing for so much that the nose takes flight. The stock settings generate so much grip that the springs may as well be made out of jello. I’m sure it could be done better, but I’ve been pretty happy with them after some tinkering.

I remember the complaints in the demo. People think the GT2 is as tame as the GT3 and get furious when they can’t drive it.

Reason is simple: 911s are like that. Gotta learn 'em. If you want an easy Porsche, there’s always the 944.

In other games like Project CARS the 911 and 911-like cars aren’t too different either. The Ruf RGT-8 in the first game is a rollercoaster, and it even comes with a stickshift for the initiated. Some of the most fun you can get in that franchise, seriously. :wink:

I have driven these IRL both on the road and track, and I’m happy to say I’ve never had a problem where my front end lifted up so much under throttle that I ended up in the armco. There’s something decidedly weird about the way these handle in this game, and it’s not something I’ve experienced in any other games, anywhere, ever. I won’t make any excuses for T10 on this one – it’s just weird.

That’s not quite correct, either. What makes modern 911 models so great is how accessible they actually are – yes, even crazier stuff like the GT2 RS and GT3. They are engineered to the nines, these things, and they wouldn’t sell as many as they do if you needed both a degree in physics and a mechanic’s license to get the most out of them.

1 Like

Perhaps the 991 but definitely not the older ones.

Yeah cause you usually defend them so often. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, yeah. TOTALLY. #1 T10 apologist here lol – hey, you getting ready for your Nurburgring escapade, bud? Sunday is the day of reckoning for you…better get that Jolt Cola, Red Bull and Jack Links ready.

Oh, what; you think I’d forgotten?

Was kinda hoping. :smirk:

It’s OK, I’ve accepted my fate…

Yeah, Sorry, mate. An elephant never forgets lol.

As for me: I was kinda hoping I’d lose. I’d happily drive the Sarthe for hours if it meant I had an expansion to look forward too. Hard not to feel quite jelly towards PCARS2 players right about now.

1 Like

I think people are forgetting Forza’s stock setups are the problem. It’s not the cars themselves. Sometimes they suit cars sometimes they don’t. Once tuned they’re a dream.

1 Like

Just no! Having had a few, I have never had problems with the front wheels getting over light on acceleration.

3 Likes

Not so much Porsche specificly, the new suspension physics is weird. It’s too bouncy, 911s show the flaws more prominent because they are rear engine cars. Front end lift is real because of aerodynamic, not so much have to do with suspension. Forza needs to improve their suspension physics model. Use the telemetry to see what I mean.

PS. Some of these “problems” pointed out here in the forums are inaccurate and aimless. Don’t really address the source of the issues.

1 Like

Forza does need to improve their suspension model yes but once again, the bounciness can be fixed by stiffening the rebound and bump stiffness. The stock tunes are way way too soft.

I’ve actually been quite disappointed with the physics of the Porsche’s specifically in this game. In every other racing game I own, as well as testimonials from folks who actually drive the cars, they’re generally always praised for how well they stay planted in corners. For this reason I’m generally fastest around circuits in Porche’s in every other game. Not in Forza 7. In Forza 7 the Porsche’s feel like they’re on ice. They slip and slide all over the place. I refuse to turn on a bunch of assists to correct this, because then the assists end up ruining the feeling of every other car. And I’m not going to keep turning assists on and off every race. Mostly because I forget, and there’s no race reset option once you load into a track (I hate that about this game). Which means, any mistake costs you an extraordinary amount of time. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve tried to get a race in before work, and have just shut it off because of the loading screens, or something I forgot to change before a race started and had to exit out of the race and re launch the entire event. It’s so dumb.