Whats the purpose of FWD in this game?

This may be the dumbest and most pointless thread ever started in these forums. Not sure the OP should be playing any game involving automobiles.

3 Likes

Wow, now THAT’S an opinion.

Provide the front drivetrain in an AWD build? :smiley:

Depends on the race track, Skyline GT-R would dominate Bathurst because the track is bumpy with tons of elevation changes and there was absolutely no chance the RWD Sierras and Holdens would be as competitive as an AWD Skyline.

It must be said that the R32 had the best engine as well but the traction advantage was too great. Against a Sierra RS500 for example, it was almost an easy mode.

There’s a reason why in FM7 homologation the R32 GT-R gets skinny tires and very limited upgrade choices…

I always drive a car stock for a couple of days, and slowly introducing basic upgrades.

Taking pleasure in modding and tuning your car IRL is one of the joys I like. Same goes for FH4.

Drive stock for couple of days, introduce minor upgrades like street (?) exhaust, intakes. Drive around more, bore your throttle body or whatever is the in-game equivalent.

PI doesn’t matter to me for these cars, speed doesn’t matter. The process matters. I always have a seperate set of S1 - S2 cars for races and that’s the most I will go. Mainly because thats the max JDM cars will go without engine swap.

I’d almost agree with you, if the 2018 Civic Type R wasn’t in-game (If you managed to get one). Road racing in online A class, my CTR, apart from the obvious difference in off the line acceleration at the beginning of a race, has no problem keeping up with RWD or AWD cars, even with my very basic tune. An honorable mention, also goes to the Clio Forza Edition.

FWDs are better than RWDs but you will never beat a classic racer with a FWD
Honorable mention Integra and Civic 97 are very good cars too

Not sure if this helps but what’s the purpose of FWD in any racing game?

Case in point: they are unique and fun to drive. Just use the FWD cars for the FWD events.