Vinyl Usage Accolades

I am finally at 100 tunes and my liveries are back up to 50. I sure wish I had grinded out some seasonal tunes a bit earlier

I am continuing to like everybody’s tunes here where I can. Most here should have seen a moderate boost recently.

1 Like

Thanks for the continued help with liking vinyls and tunes.
Spreadsheet has been updated.

I have just now shared 10 tunes for the Volvo 850 R. I can’t tune well, so if you actually use them, don’t expect wonders!

20 likes comin’ up… done.
:heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
:heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

20 likes comin’ up.20 likes comin’ up… done.

2 Likes

Oh yeah!! Little by little I am seeing everything red closer. Thank you very much to those who have helped me.

Sorry but I have been lacking lately. Not been on the Xbox much at all.
I got on tonight to do this week’s playlist, make a ten tune set and share some love but my internet connection had other plans.

I managed the playlist and I made ten tunes for the 1964 Aston Martin DB5.

Then I started on liking the ten tune sets posted here.
@CmdrTomalak6330 's Austin Healey Sprite - Check.

Then came @LowlyCartPusher 's BAC Mono & Corvette Stingray.
These took me an hour or more. I downloaded them all from the hub (find new tunes only shows five).
I also downloaded @SweedishThunder 's Volvo tunes.
I got in my Mono and went to ‘My tunes’ and there were only three tunes, one of which was mine.
I downloaded them again, this time it remembered three.
Long story short I had to download these tunes many times to get them all, then the same for the Corvette.

So I finally got those done. Now to the Volvo for @SweedishThunder - No tunes in ‘my tunes’ despite having downloaded them all. Sorry Sweedish. I’ll do them next time. I gave up while my screen was still intact!

And I didn’t get a look at the rally expansion.

1 Like

DOH! … Wrong Volvo. Just got on, d/l’d again and found 2 copies of each. @SweedishThunder
Liked of course.
I also dl’d & liked the rest of your vinyls (81).

If your figures are up to date @Radianthunder , you needed 82 downloads for vinyls, so I did 100 to make sure (plus likes of course).

I also threw down some likes for @LowlyCartPusher 's designs and vinyls as they’re close, but I may have already done them all?

I discovered that last night’s torturous liking session was marred by my internet data plan (mobile) going over the fair usage limit, so they restricted me to <1MB dl speed.

2 Likes

After that I feel guilt free about checking out the new DLC (but I’m knackered now). I also feel easier about dropping the Aston Martin DB5 tunes.

Further to the above, I have got a second profile to the point where I can use it for this.
It’s hard enough doing them all on one, but I will drop in on it every now & then to do the “TEN TUNE SETS”.

If you’ve not done any, get in on it, it makes liking a lot easier for all.

Thank you so much!!

I’m busy with the DLC but when I have a while I’ll start with the tunes.

1 Like

Enjoy, no rush. I was busy for weeks instead of chipping away.

1 Like

Fun fact. Reinstall forza horizon 2 and I find a nascar design by @SweedishThunder in my catalog of designs. :laughing:

1 Like

Done for 1 account. I’ll get to the other account soon.

1 Like

I’d like to take a moment to thank @CmdrTomalak6330 and @Nugsy_1 for their recent assistance here, as well as anybody else that’s been actively helping. I finally have vinyl accolades completely done, and I have made a ton of progress on tune accolades the last few weeks.

Unfortunately, I cannot reciprocate recently because I seem to be having some sort of bizarre error with my creative data that is preventing me from creating anymore tunes/ and liveries and is also preventing me from downloading others’ , because it thinks my save slots are "maxed out’ even if I delete a bunch of them. (all my thumbnails are blank and say “invalid data”) The game for me is functioning fine otherwise.

If I can get this resolved, I will be happy to continue helping everybody.

2 Likes

Nasty. Good luck with that.

So not trying to derail this excellent thread, but I thought I’d share a strategy I’ve been using. It may be helpful for folks that are looking to build up creative downloads/likes/uses.

I would recommend as a first step, “lining out” a car. By which I mean, using basic vinyl shapes to highlight some secondary features of a car.
An example on the Hoonigan RS200:

It can be kinda tedious work, but the neat thing is, once you’re done, you have a versatile template that can be used with different color schemes.

The next step I would recommend is working on vinyl groups. I’ve been trying to do one vinyl group a week.

One week I did a “Hulk” (the Marvel character) logo. So then I made a RS200 livery and put the Hulk logos over the little buttons on the side.

I also did a Miami Vice logo a while back. Since it seemed topical with the Miami Vice themes in the current series, I went ahead and did up a Miami Vice themed livery for the Hoonigan… and it’s been killing it!

You don’t have to do everything at once… but doing a little bit at a time… adds up. And then eventually you might find you already have something that lines up with a theme or what’s hot. Or even if you don’t, you’ll have a catalog of vinyl groups that you’re proud of.

This week I knocked out a quick (70 layer) vinyl group of the Venom character logo (from the Midnight Suns game). That was my “tactical” project, and I’ll do a livery based on it. My “strategic”/long term project is being documented in its own thread (the Queen crest), but I quickly recognized that it was gonna take a while so I wanted to keep turning out items for my overall catalog even while I continue to progresss on that longer term project. Just something to consider.

I’m beginning to build up a catalog of cars that are already “lined out”, so that whenever they end up being featured in a trial or weekly Forzathon car I can just change out the color scheme and apply a topical/relevant/cool vinyl group, and tada… fresh content.

The game really favors freshly shared liveries… or extremely popular liveries. After a couple of days they’ll fall off the “new” section and the number of organic downloads/likes tends to plummet.

The 10 tunes on the same car methodology is genius, by the way. Kudos for working that one out.

Edited to add:
I’m by no means looking to grub likes/downloads on my stuff (that’s why I didn’t include share codes). I’m already Red Squadron’d out. I just thought it might help some of the Green Squadron folks if they were looking for ways to expand their vinyl group/livery portfolios.

3 Likes

I haven’t crashed for a couple of days but today, some tunes give me an error and the crashes come back…

I do what I can and appreciate the shout-out.

You may have resync your account. I did that once before and it cleared up a lot of issues I was having. Wish I could remember all the steps involved in doing that. I remember it had something to do with resetting ‘something’ and then waiting for quite a long time on startup for the sync process to complete but once it was done… perfection. Oh also, I’m on a PC so that might be completely different.

LOL Was it the #88 Superman Hall of Heroes design? It was somehow selected as one the “designs of the year” and got a lot of downloads from its exposure as a result.

3 Likes

I guess if that’s it, something from superman I remember. :slight_smile:

1 Like

so… apparently desyncing, then reinstalling the game fixed it. That was just dumb luck

1 Like