Valiant sound

Jonk is like the good news fairy around here. PLEASE fix the 993 gt2 turbo spool and the huracan exhaust pops.

The GT350R could use some adjusting as well.

I only have one minor thing I’d like to see fixed and that’s to add Phase IV to the end of the XA GTHO like the Phase III at the end of the XY GTHO. It may not have been officially released but to leave off the Phase IV descriptor is doing the car a disservice.

We named the car exactly what Ford told us it should be officially called, and went back and forth with them over this and other details because we thought the same thing and wanted to be absolutely sure about it. The “Phase IV” was never officially in its model name, even though Phase IV is how it has come to be known colloquially, that’s not what Ford says its called, or was intended to be called.

At the end of the day, we don’t decide what a car is called, the manufacturer owns that. And most of the time, they know better than we do.

We might like to call the 1995 911 GT2 a “993” but that’s not the official name of the car - it’s the “1995 Porsche 911 GT2”

3 Likes

Ok. I figured it might have been due to not officially being released. At least they let PG use it.

And we are grateful “The Dentist” allowed us access to his one of a kind legendary car :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought it would’ve been one of the two race cars it was based on. To be able to use the only real one is huge. From what I’ve read he was offered $2.5m for it and knocked it back. I don’t blame him.

Looking at your gamertag I would think you would share my needs with adding the overlooked tire widths for the HQ Holden Sandman as a priority over fixing the name of a Ford :slight_smile:

It surely had to be an oversight - max width of 215 is a bit silly in a racing game

^He’s right you know!

Officially there is no Phase IV (or NB Fairlane, or SVO Falcon Ute, or Brock Wagons), they were killed off after the super car scare and never entered into homologation production. There was also a Phase V concept that was kicked around by some Ford engineers in the mid-80s based on the XD-E Falcon that got killed by management when they dropped V8 production with the XF.

The Dentist: “Feel free to drive my rare car.”
Turn 10: “Is it safe?”

3 Likes

Who is the dentist?

I only ask because I was involved in the purchase of a car from a private collector a few years ago, he was a dentist…curious if it may be him.
He was based in melbourne.

Wonderful to see audio focus. It’s one of the two imperative features of a racing game for me. The other being driving feel.

I hope you guys can consider bringing in race transmission sound. That straight cut sound is amazing and just belongs into high performance drivelines.
Adding or fixing those induction sounds for some cars missing them would also be a neat thing.

Just don’t ever worry that putting emphasis on audio is a waste :slight_smile:

1 Like

Audio is absolutely king when it comes to driving games. It is important, in fact, in every game as it sets the tone and character of the game, but particularly racing/driving = very important! It’s what connects you to the car apart from physics.

I also look forward to seeing the induction sounds being fixed = many cars have a very “airy” and vacuum-like sound from the cockpit view. You hear a lot of air rushing into the engine, but the engine “wrrrr” can’t be heard properly. Example: the AMG GTS or Supra/M4.

I do not know why the race trans whine sound didn’t cross over from FM4 - a race trans upgrade on a road car gave it that wonderful straight-cut whine which is the case IRL. They also cut out another feature where cockpit sounds would become more pronounced after you apply weight reduction. As much as I love the Forza games, I just don’t understand the need to cut out great stuff from previous games - such as the change in sound character in FM2 after applying exhaust/cam upgrades or the wind/road noise picking up and partially drowning out the engine sound in FM4. Brilliant, subtle touches really.

2 Likes

I know, right? And these require simple fixes really. A few lines of code, that’s all it takes. But then a CU has to go through MS for approval - maybe there’s a problem there.

Anyhow, it could be down to sheer laziness I suppose. If the cars sounded right in FM6 and do, in fact, sound right when a drivatar is nearby or overtakes you, then no reason the player’s car shouldn’t sound right.

So many assumptions in this post.

6 Likes

I wish for once, just for ONCE, people would not come around contesting how one person’s view of the game is so wrong, and how the other is right. This is not a contest. The game has real issues. Anyone with their head not stuck up their rear can acknowledge that.

I would not be surprised at all if you work for T10 by the way.

3 Likes

I totally agree, if you say something about the game thats wrong/bad, albeit an opinion, most of the time you will get digitally jumped on here. Honestly it feels like its condoned here, but god forbid you curse or try to have a debate on a subject that has been loosely discussed in a 50+ page thread. Its one of those things that just drives me crazy because this is a forum after all, I mean if we cant discuss things (good or bad) about this game here then where can we? Its the the reason I don’t post on here as much, I personally like to see/hear what others are thinking because in my honest opinion thats how we learn.

2 Likes

Sound is wrong = view of the game and a fact, no question

Simple fixes = assumption
A few lines of code = assumption
Problem with MS approval of CU = assumption
Laziness = assumption
No reason the player’s car shouldn’t sound right = assumption

I am not denying there is a problem, there is a problem with sound which has been acknowledged by a Turn 10 employee.

I am saying that why it is there and how easy it is to fix etc is all based on assumptions.

Unless someone can prove that Turn 10 developers are playing solitaire all day or taking 3 hour smokos it is my view that accusations of laziness is poor form.

7 Likes

On top of which is always the problem with complex code - will “fixing” a small sound issue cause bigger game issues. The very reason the wheel glitch with the Titan Concept won’t be fixed is that it seems to be very small but actually turns out to be much more complex underneath.
Satnite’s point is simply that just because it is a seemingly small issue doesn’t mean it is a simple and quick fix, and in fact could cause much greater problems.

5 Likes

Hey everyone,

We are aware of the issue and will be updating you all with more information soon. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!