Update 11.0 Overview - Road to Race Month | August 12 update

There should be more new cars. horizon gets 2 or 3 each week, we get 2 a month.

The crashing to home screen needs to be fixed ASAP, so does the practice crashing out after a couple of laps.

Having to choose your car every time you want to paint or upgrade it needs to be fixed too. It should be the last car you selected.

Also, I’d still like to chose colours for a race suit. Kind of like painting you car.

9 Likes

Can you really afford to “TBA” anything?

What good does hiding MUCH NEEDED CONTENT do for players that are starving for it?

5 Likes

Both FH5 & FM updates will be at the same day.

Is that really such a good move? With all those millions of players in both games simultaneously, the servers will undoubtedly crash! :scream:

[attempt at sarcasm; I’m usually bad at it so I thought a heads-up would help]

1 Like

We had forza monthly back then, featuring both games. I want it back.

2 Likes

Really weird stuff.

This is a possibility with even the number of true players according to steam. No need for sarcasm.
:+1::call_me_hand::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Never mind, the sever seems to be crashing for the forum this morning. At least the forum server isn’t going to wait for the announcement, it’s going to get it’s crash in early! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

For the love of god just give us back open lobbies. Stop this ****ing around with specific lobbies for only a few days.

Also the career sucks, for a motorsport game there’s not a lot of actual motorsport going on. Pimping a sedan belongs in Forza horizon.

I’ve played a lot of Assetto Corsa Competizione recently. Yes it has it’s faults, but it does what it says on the tin. This game is like Outrun in comparison, 95% arcade.

I’m lucky I picked my copy of Fm8 up for peanuts in a sale. I’m not getting as many game crashes as others but the game content is non-existent. How people have got the patience to reach level 600 baffles me.

4 Likes

Until then, Forza 7 still has active Open Drift/Open Track day lobbies.

2 Likes

Looking at Automobilista 2 with its monthly (and more!) very substantial updates. Very impressive what they’re managing compared to Turn 10 with their budget and resources.

2 Likes

1 track, more cars. Don’t disappoint me!

1 Like

The last update for AMS2 was in April, you just make stuff up to make a point I guess? Seriously does anyone tell the truth about anything anymore? I don’t know what you are trying to accomplish, maybe shame t10 into doing more than one update per month?

2 Likes

Whatever you can do because we know about Sports Car Racing when Sports Prototypes & GT Cars race at the same time but also i’m thinking about new cars & new track as well.

Seriously, a bimonthly update would be well received. An update on the game mechanics on the mid month update. Then a track and events update on the first of the month update. Maybe we would start seeing some growth and change in the game.

This game won’t grow much. Just in a duct tape and hold on mode now.

4 Likes

steamdb.info/app/1066890/patchnotes
AMS2 had many frequent post-launch updates from its beginning, showing a level of responsiveness & cadence that puts FM/T10 to shame.
Seriously, does anyone have any standards anymore?

2 Likes

Well yeah, I don’t play AMS2 but from the looks of the builds and update report it looks like they were on top of issues. And kept on top until it looks like maybe they got it right. I’d have to hear from someone who plays the game to know.

Compare the number & frequency of AMS2’s first-year updates to FM’s first-year updates:
steamdb.info/app/2440510/patchnotes
:melting_face:

1 Like

In June they gave a detailed roadmap update.

In the preceding months I’ve seen 6 months of big updates every month, with smaller updates on top of that, if not a detailed dev update. If I got it wrong slightly, I only wrote this after I had a quick sweep of the patch updates to see and thought it was an update patch every single month, so you got me there, look:

From January:

Jan-
Hotfix
3 more updates

Feb-
3 hotfixes
2 updates

March-
Extremely detailed dev update explaining timeframe for massive overhaul in coming update.
Massive update

April-
2 substantial updates

May-
Massive dev update on major overhauls

June-
Dev update added to.

Just look at the size of that last dev update. They send multiple updates each month with lots of additions and tweaks, extra content, or they tell you exactly what is happening and coming. They make you aware if a longer wait occurs that they’re working on massive feature updates, and they tell you what these consist of.

From the latest dev update which is so long and detailed:

“All vehicles in the sim are also being extensively revised for a richer level of detail.”

Imagine if we heard that for say 30 roughest looking models. These lads are a small team, limited budget, but in a few months they’re ensuring their already good quality models are going to be up to the most modern standard.

One count says they have 115 vehicles, (and over 50 circuits, mind).

Just to add to what their big 1.6 update will include,

“One of the major new developments in the upcoming milestone update is a complete overhaul of environment lighting properties along with revised vehicle materials and various shader updates.”

Is Forza getting a milestone/anniversary update? Imagine if we had a graphics overhaul. Yet we’ve no idea, as Turn 10 haven’t kept us abreast of any real roadmap.

6 Likes