Update 10.0 Overview - Nemesis Month | July 10 update

I must avoid the temptation to run with that opening you made. I don’t want my post flagged and struck down…

:grin:

He means the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

(Whew. I think I survived. Hey Mod staff, am I good? :sweat_smile: )

Tomfoolery aside. TAA off is a mixed bag. On one hand I like being able to see the details clearly. It really makes the game look a lot better without having to look through the vasiline smeared lens of TAA. Brands Hatch at night was AMAZING!

But, it gives me all the jaggies and I see no performance uplift…

However, I did create my own performance improvement… Well a slight one. I turned TAA off, set the game to low, and cranked the Resolution scale until the Estimated Vram was around my Medium with TAA settings. The result is not half bad. It still has a ton of jaggies but its tollerable and, most important, its clear. No cloudy grass textures. Trees are no longer blobby 2D cutouts before LOD gets a hold of them. And the cars look amazing (set on ultra).

I no longer have a need to run Nvidia sharpening, which is where some performance came from.

Now if there were more anti aliasing options besides DLSS, DLAA and Temporal, Id be happy.

The GT2 you’re referring to is the modern SRO GT2 class from ~2020- (more power than GT3 but downforce more like GT4), the old N-GT/GT2/GTE class that ran from the '90s through to 2023 is what the game is calling “GT2” (the cars in the list are all from GTE though)

1 Like

This Issue strictly happens on xbox, not sure how I am suppose to repair a file on xbox when the only options are to move, copy or uninstall the file.

I just updated my PC and SeriesX versions without downloading all 130gb, what are you even talking about? If you are talking about the PC version, you have some sort of software/hardware issues, if you are referring to the Xbox version I would do a factory reset of the Xbox and reinstall everything.

So the CTD when exiting is even worse now. Sigh.

3 Likes

This might be a situation where running reshade gives you access to some options to address the specific jagged areas most bothersome. PM me if you have any questions on reshade.

1 Like

@T10ManteoMax Apparently most of the GT cars saw drastic changes in overall performance. The Viper for example is less grippy now and has less horsepower. Why is there no information about it in the patch notes?

1 Like

Wow!

Just SP or MP as well as they closed the thread saying it had been fixed!

I’ll boot it up this arvo and see, if it’s as you say @PlazmoidFreq do you want to start an new thread over in the TSHUB or I’ll open one later if it’s still happening to me.

How it could just be closed like that w/o any players testing it out and relying on whoever at Turn10 said its been fixed after 180 odd posts and nothing from Turn10 in those is just unbelievable.

It wasn’t ever acknowledged as a Known issue and straight to closed after 4 odd months smh

2 Likes

here we go again…

3 Likes

Already started a new thread, so far it is worse than before. Have CTD on exit from all modes. MP, Career, Rivals. 5 events, 5 crashes.

3 Likes

95 mitsubishi Lancer - New and the 05 Subaru WRX- Recycled, Lamborghini Reventon - Recyled - Nercedes AMG CLK 98 - Recycled plus

2 Likes

That’s what I was having from the second the 8.1 hotfix dropped around mid May.

I’ll test and then post what I come across and if it’s worse (which it couldn’t possibly be because there’s nothing else apart from painting or liveries that I don’t use)

2 Likes

I am ecstatic to have the evo iii. It was always my go-to car in gran turismo 4 which is in my top 10 for racing games of all time.

The other two are recycled and their models are from as early as forza motorsport 3, maybe earlier. I cant recall when exactly the reventon was added to the series.

Im hoping to get on soon and see the evo iii and am curious to see what errors in the modeling this one has as there isnt a single car in the game that hasnt had some problem in the modelling. Invisible wings and bumpers, one sided textures that should two sided, gauges that dont work right, the list goes on.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Update 10 - Game crash on event exit is still a thing

Is it just me or has the forum changed as it used to look different when using my phone and the sub menu layout is different.

Oh and yeah the game is still Crashing but now it’s also on the way into a SP event, haven’t bothered with MP but might seeing as that new radar looks promising, also the settings menu is still lagging causing you to land on the Graphics tab and have to ok settings changes of which none have been made, I just want to get to advance controller settings, is that too much to ask?

1 Like

That was the one car I got to test before I went(tried to) back to the main menu.

Very dated model as per the look but will be a hoot to fang if the game wants to play ball

1 Like

Hi @Papa_Hortis . I guess this is the main reason for locking FPS for PC.

1 Like

Anyone else notice a horrific screen shake during understeer moments now?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Update 10 - Game crash on event exit is still a thing

It’s funny reading that they even made the freezes/crashes worse.

3 Likes