Unlockable Vinyl Groups

Allow players the ability to unlock shared vinyl groups. Make it togglable for those who do not want their work freely distributed and used in someone else’s work.

Allowing unlocked vinyl groups lowers the barrier of entry for players to create elaborate designs and promotes more creativity.

SHARING A VINYL GROUP IS AGREEING THAT YOUR LETTING THE COMMUNITY USE YOUR WORK. BY UNLOCKING THIS TO USE IN SHARED LIVERIES IT WOULD TREMENDOUSLY HELP PAINTERS.
THANKS

2 Likes

This is one of the major topics of forza customization since its inception.

for players who wish (and I’m sure many of them), leave the possibility of unlocking their creation.

This “blocking” process creates the same effect as a “license” and blocks the idea of ​​"open source"

the work of one creative on another creative to create the perfect art!

I love forza, since my childhood, but this idea of ​​"blocking" the creation of players is always a real problem which must disappear with the evolution.

3 Likes

For someone thats been around Forza since the 1st motorsport and have seen these forums transform many times, there was a time where everything was Unlocked. Before motorsport 4, gifting was a part of the game and nothing was locked.

The reason for locking was that some of the more influential creators back in the day felt that when they sold a car with their paint/tune on it, that it was still creatively theirs. This led to many painter claiming people were stealing their ideas and or liveries all together. You can thank the snobs who thought they were above sharing with the community. Also, as soon as they started being able to give credits per download it started the locking.

1 Like

i think that is best that let us share using vinyl or desings from others if what we do are patterns.

example. i created a Simpsons cars using images from others with simpsons but there is no CAR with a total desing… that is different.

the reward can be shared with owners to… pls pls let us do that.

1 Like

I’m just wondering, are all public designs locked? And if so, how do you unlock your own designs? I would like my designs to be free and able to be edited and changed, anywhere. Almost every design I download can’t be edited. It would be even better if you could save your designs to a file, maybe like .fhd or something so you can share it with your friends if you can’t access online for some reason or they want to edit it. I’m asking for a lot here, but it’s quite annoying, that if you add someone else’s vinyls, your design becomes locked.

1. Allow free/unlocked sharing. Idk how to explain this but like, I made different vinyl groups like logos/rust etc and I absolutely would not care if someone used them in their overall livery design and then shared that design. Being able to do that would be cool for racing liveries, it’s time consuming having to make every logo from scratch when there’s beautiful ones out there that I’m sure other artists would love people having use of… Hand in hand with this, the ability to change the color of someone’s vinyl group.
1 Like

The minority mess it up for the majority and ego is the enemy…………

It’s an excellent game which, as is often the case, is parasitized by crappy ideas.

Unlock the liveries and vinyls, so everyone can have fun!