Gameplay - handling stats in car upgrades decreases without making upgrade changes (3902114)

I retuned one of my Evo and then I placed previous parts back onto the car, but it’s showing me a way lower handling number. It doesn’t make sense and it’s been happening since the latest update. It is also happening with other cars too. On the S2K below I didn’t even do anything to the car and it’s showing different information in the upgrade and cars section.

Yes, I have seen exactly the same thing since the last update/Rally launch. Whenever I tune a car the Handling value is reduced from what it should be.

For example, I have a 2018 Mustang GT that I tuned to 6.9 handling. Went into the upgrade menu to change a few parts, and it lowered the handling to 6.0.

The same thing happened with all other cars that I tuned, and with an un-tuned Acura NSX that I bought at auction. Its handling went down to 6.3.

The weird thing is that the cars seem to drive the same; I tested the Mustang on track and get similar lap times as before. So I’m wondering if this is just a display problem, and not an actual reduction in handling?

I have also seen this on cars in the Garage; for example the 2018 Camaro is normally HAN 7.8 but was down to 7.2. Later, it returned to 7.8

1 Like

Yeah, I think it is a display problem.

1 Like

It’s not a display issue. If you change a part and save it it will stay at the tuning menu value.

1 Like

Correct, it stays at the lower value, which is frustrating.

What I meant, however, is I’m not sure it is actually affecting the handling, even though the number is lower.

I did some further tests using a 2017 Camaro. Will post the numbers later (I’m at work now and don’t have them), but the result was:

Stock handling = 7.2

Went into Custom Upgrade menu. Did nothing except buy a new set of wheels; these had the same exact weight and so should affect absolutely nothing. After adding the wheels, the handling now shows 6.5

So the handling values are definitely changing when they shouldn’t.

Lap times, however, were almost exactly the same. I will post the numbers later when I get home.

2 Likes

Thanks - I own a Mustang GT in real life and enjoy tuning them for max handling in the game.

2 Likes

I noticed when upgrading cars the handling values have changed. I’ve tried multiple cars and the rating on all of my tasted cars are lower. I haven’t seen a single car at 10 for handling after the change in the upgrade menu.

The cars seem to handle the same and the scores are just scaled differently now.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one who have noticed this change, take a look at this;

I don’t understand why PGG make this change without even telling us via the live stream.

3 Likes

Remember to vote on Troubleshooting topics so the number of players affected is shown in our data collection when we inform the development teams of these issues.
@Pioneer876 @Schnooder3297 @Danbeas

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they updated the values and you just need to “refresh” the car. I just won a new 458 and it has a lower value on Handling/Offroad than the one I already had.

2 Likes

I have this same problem. On many cars, saved tunes, even cars newly added, like the two recently added Porsches. Are they going to fix this? Is there a fix? Has anyone heard anything?

1 Like

Still wondering how to fix this…I haven’t seen it addressed on known issues and it’s still plaguing seemingly every car I try to upgrade. Please help. Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling etc

1 Like

Closing this issue as Will Not Fix. The developers have noted this issue as Too minor for prioritization at this time.