Turn off radio completley? [see post #53]

If you have the radio on it typically plays radio during the loading screens aswell. So maybe if you leave the radio on but turn its volume all the way down to 0 this might give silent loading screens. I didnt try that yet but im guessing this might work.

Do people not ever read anything? You can’t turn the volume down to 0 because it only goes to 1. Streamer mode is also useless because it still doesn’t turn off all music.

+1 AND menu sounds. They are neat at first and after hours in and out of the menus, they literally hurt to hear. The delay from the smoothing is another story. MY INPUTS are more important than “everything being polished and smooth”, IMO. If I want to apply 8 types of engine upgrades in 5 seconds with almost no visual confirmation, I would like to do that. Not try to time every motion just to please the slowness algorithm.

As stated before - there is NO option to turn the music volume down completely, only level 1, no zero mark sadly, don’t know why. Why “Don’t you … don’t you” (quote from that song playing again and again in menu and forzathon) didn’t you make it possible to turn the music OFF)

2 Likes

I made a thread about this in the support sub forum but got no response.

Dunno what you want.
When i enable streamer mode and set the radio to off in game i have no music anymore, even at loading between races and such.

this is the answer i was looking for, thanks!

Streamer Mode turns all music off. you can find it in the settings.

Just wanted to add that streamer mode doesn’t turn all the music off, you’ll still hear it in the world around the festival site and the start/finish line of some races, but that’s no big deal.

It will get rid of the music in the loading and post-race screens, thankfully. Those are the most annoying moments for me, with the same clips blaring over and over.

Streamer mode resets to “off” every time I start the game, not sure if that’s a glitch on my end but you may also have to turn it back on every time you play to disable some of these interstitial musics.

This annoyed me briefly, now I just automatically switch it off every time I have to restart the game.

The only thing that really annoys me is that fact, that I can’t turn off the Music completely and with completely i mean volume slide at 0 not at 1 or turn on the Streamer mode or switch every time to Radio off in the radio stations.

After FH2 they acknowledged how playing the same sound loop repeatedly can really grate on one’s nerves and they even said they would not make that same mistake again.

Yet here we are.

On a side note, the ambient noise in the main menu of FM7 could not be disabled or turned down either and that never changed.

It’s so annoying how much Forza games just don’t allow you to simply switch things on or off.

2 Likes

Using the D-Pad you can cycle through the radio stations untill you get the “Radio Off” option. Also you can turn down other specific settings in the audio settings.
If you’re looking to turn the radio off in terms of content creating, I would suggest also turn “Streamer Mode” On

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Couldn’t there have been a simple option in the audio settings that says “music off”?

Needlessly complicated.

2 Likes

Good morning!

Cycling through is a hassle, but wouldn’t be so bad if it at least defaulted to what we choose. It resets to a different radio station every time you launch the game.

Same with Streamer Mode, every time you reset the game its back to off.

Some of us dont want to hear music. Its the first thing I turn off in literally every game I play.

4 Likes

I don’t have that issue. I turned the Radio Off, and never needed to do that again…even after the updates that resetted the game. In fact, when showing the statitstics, it appears “Favourite Radio Station: Not used”.

1 Like

Or they could just have a universal “Music = Off” option so that no music plays ever again.

If you bump the d-pad you have to cycle through every station again just so you can turn it off. You can only turn the volume down to 1 instead of 0 or off. If you use streamer mode and bump the d-pad you still have music playing. It’s the things like this that should have been fixed a long time ago that still haven’t been that is baffling. Every other game out there has an option to turn music off. Why doesn’t Forza? This is something that could easily be done for the next update but I doubt it will ever get fixed.

3 Likes

Opening music is terrible can we turn it off or change it?

1 Like

They probably have licensing deals with the record labels and it rewards Microsoft/T10/PG if they can display metrics for how much exposure they give to their music.

That and the general heavy handed and overbearing attitude that the franchise has carried for most of this console generation.

1 Like

Long story short if you turn on streamer mode and turn music volume down all the way as well as turn radio station to off you can still hear the ambient party music at the drag strip in the horizon event as well as in the general area of the event.

My ears are still being constantly pounded with DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA KNOW THAT ITS COMIN.

Devs pls fix game is driving me completely insane.

6 Likes