Gameplay - Players may be kicked out of the trial back to free roam after the first race (3896979)

@T10ManteoMax

Repro:

Xsx
Fh5 in quick resume.
Season changes.
Select trial.
Start trial. Good.
Finish race 1.
Doesn’t fast travel to race 2, kicked out of event. Bad.

Fixed by restarting game.

I can’t see any known issue listed related to quick resume.

1 Like

This happened to me again this morning. I’ve turned off quick resume last week as some people have mentioned that this may be causing problems.

I’m also having a lot of problems with the timer disappearing after about 20-30 seconds of waiting.

I’m having this same issue. It also happens when I try to race in Horizon Open. Complete the first race, and it spits me out like I’d entered a single event instead of a series.

1 Like

Has this been figured out yet? I’m still getting this issue all the time and it’s getting frustrating. 5 minutes of waiting to get in a race and 3 minutes of racing. I’ve tried turning off quick resume for the game but still getting this problem.

Xsx
Quick resume on
Kicked after first race.

Thought it was sorted cos it worked last week but no

1 Like

The Fix for Series S/X Users at the moment is to disable Quick Resume and then restart the Console + Game, something with that is really messing things up.

If you’re not on a Series Console then unfortunately it’s just Restart → Try Again until it works

1 Like

I’ve had this happen 3 attempts in a row this morning. It incredibly frustrating.

When I attempt to run The Trial in the Italian Car series, I can enter and finish the first event, but after a ‘false start’ with the fast travelling dialog, I end up with a loading page and a yellow ‘H’ in the lower left-hand corner which then turns into the screen at the end of the normal event. There’s no move to the second event and no indication of it on the map.

I have done this four times in three different cars and rebooted my Xbox twice and it all shakes out the same.

Has anybody else had this issue? If so, are the Playground Games mob aware of it?

That’s all, but I suspect it’s enough.

bwob

No but I have noticed load times for any races involving other players are taking longer than before. I’ve just waited patiently until the second event kicks in. If you’re saying you’re getting booted from the event entirely after finishing the first race, then yeah… that’s weird.

1 Like

I have the same problem :unamused:

Do you have FH5 in Quick Resume? That seems to cause a number of problems. Best to quit the game fully before starting another session.

Anyone else’s Trial this week broken?

we get kicked out of the lobby after the 1st race, happned multiple times now.

2 Likes

When this happens to me I restart the game and that fixes it.

I did have the problem where the pre-event timer disappears and I’m no longer waiting for the events.

Not had that happen yet but both event labs were unavailable to me yesterday, so maybe a server issue their end IDK.

1 Like

I’ve had that numerous times with the event lab chea. (Not this week tho!)

Restart usually works

1 Like

@LOLWTSEPICBOTZ I merged your topic from FH5 Discussion. Be sure to check the Troubleshooting Hub for any unusual behavior, and upvote this topic so we can report the info to the developer teams.

I have entered the Trial 4 times today and each time - after the first event - it has dropped me out.

Has this happened to anyone else?

There is some bug in the “free roam” online stuff wich makes the timer thingy (trial starts in xxx sec, coop starts in xxx sec, …) stopping.

To trigger it start some trial and leave. Back in freeroam start new search for trial it shows the timer like normal but then it starts the normal freeroam player thingy and the timer gets killed whenever other players load.

Another one is starting some coop for example and then it shows the start text like normal and everything dynamic disappears (ramps, traffic and stuff) but then it never finishes loading into session. You can then stay in that “empty” world forever…

1 Like

I’m on PC. This happened to me three times in a row for this weeks Trial. I had to restart the game to get it to work. It never happened on my old PC.

1 Like

@Pinky300 @still_guns is this still an issue after recent updates?