TrackIR support for ALL FORZA titles

…yes. we need TrackIR Support, ASAP ^^

4 Likes

Absotively posolutely would love to see head tracking. I het terrible motion sickness from VR and went back to headtracking, but it is absolutely a force multiplier in sims.

Side note- what on earth os with people blindly poopooing things they cleary don’t understand or have any experience with? All opinions should be welcome whether good or bad, but I don’t know anything about cooking north african cuisine and would never dream of telling a morroccan chef how to spice his tagine!

1 Like

So you’ve never used it, don’t understand how it functions, but your certain it wouldn’t be useful? Curious… Honestly if youre simming on a PC and using aoftware that supports it (most serious simulations do and for good reason) you owe it to yourself to check it out. First time you pass a vehicle, turn a corner, or perform a barrel roll and can mimic ypur natural reaponse to control your view in game it’ll put a smile on your face and youll wonder what you waited so long for.

I think I gave an apt brief description of how it works. If you think you can describe it better give it a shot. And no, I don’t need to use it to predict how useless it is in the typical size one screen scenario… Just like I didn’t need to use motion controls to predict how problematic they would be in practice, or deal with the Kinect to predict all its problems and that despite the hype it would become a niche item at most, or to actually get my hands on an N64 controller to realize it was an awful design to use.

Im all for giving players options so its a +1 from me, personally ive always found those things feel very gimicky for trying to actually look where your going. Much more immersive when it simply captures your position in 3d space so that when you move your head in the X/Y/Z axis planes the camera moves in synce with those movements to complete the illusion of the monitor being a window into the virtual world type deal, kinda like VR but without the yaw and pitch being tracked. I also want to use VR in forza so badly…

3 Likes

General head and eye tracking would greatly benefit the forza franchise.
There is no better immersion than racing against others and beeing able to look around searching for your opponent, no matter if its “arcade” racing like FH5 or more competitive in Forza Motorsport.
Devices like TrackIR or the Tobii Eye Tracker are a truly awesome alternative than an expensive VR-Setup.

1 Like

Changing direction of view while driving is not just a “sim” feature. Look at the “drift camera” that they implemented years go. It serves a purpose to keep the camera pointed in the direction of travel. This would be exactly how trackIR would work for drifting but instead of being an auto feature would be controlled by the player by turning their head. Similarly, for driving quickly around a corner (not necessarily “racing”) its natural to look ahead and into the corner so you can keep your eye on the road and maintain the best line.

Short of TrackIR I would happily accept a similar automatic feature like the “drift camera” but instead of looking in the direction of travel, look to into a corner at the apex of a turn. I think an automatic camera feature that looks into the corner / apex would be complicated in an open world horizon game where you may not even be on a “track” or “road” to determine what corner to look into.

TrackIR would provide a player tunable solution for camera rotation that would serve both drifting and “driving”.

1 Like

Add support for Track-IR to allowing the player to shift the view while racing using head movement.

This allows the racer to look into the apex of a current turn to better manage the best line possible. Looking into the apex of a turn replicates actual driving and would be more immersive and realistic.

Forza Horizon 5 and FM7 both allow analogue shift left and right of the cockpit camera. This function could be tied to analogue movement (rotation) of the players head using Track-IR with a sensitivity adjustment to allow the player to tune responsiveness.

Using Track-IR to shift the camera view based on the players head rotation would be useful for racing to look into the corner for the apex as well as drifting to look maintain the camera view in the direction of travel (vs direction of the steering wheel). The Track-IR would allow the players to precisely control the camera rotation based vs the current automatic drift-camera solution in addition to adding a new ability for racers to look into the apex of a corner while racing.

Here is a video of what an automatic “look to apex” camera feature can look like from another title
Assetto Corsa Competizione (PS5) “Look to apex” Driver’s view - YouTube

3 Likes

Please add TrackIR support for PC

1 Like

Just like to add my appreciation for this feature too.
Opentrack or track ir and tobii integration would be excellent on Forza Motorsport (2023).
Or even - give us camera axis that are bindable to d-input axis. That way we can create vjoy devices with axis output curve set to a face tracking axis.

Edit: *** note this is a PC specific request.

2 Likes