Tokens, Reward

Yup got same problem here, it’s especially annoying since it’s worth so much points for so little work (well we do pay for it) but it’s just not attainable anymore which is unfair when non-license related content is timed without notice. For someone who’s really into this reward system this is incredibly frustrating.

1 Like

For reward purpose, yes. but for those not aware of it may rise another issue that they bought the token in order to purchase DLC cars which no longer work…

I’ll +1 this concept for it’s goodness. Come on T10, be our driving buddies :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recently bought forza motorsport 2 3 and 4fir the reason to get myself tiered up on the rewards now i see on FM4 icant buy tokens download dlc to complete the points on the rewards MICROSOFT will make money from thus which i think is really stupid off them to remove the content so they should make all the forza series backward conpatible for the xbox one

on one good note i managed to get some FM4 DLC CODES BUT POINTS HAVENT BEEN ADDED AM 200 POINTS SHORT PLUS AS I WENT AND BOUGHT ALL THE FORZA SERIES GAMES ID LIKE TO SEE THE 300 POINTS FOR BUYING TOKENS ADDED PLUS THE AUCTION HOUSE CHEVO FOR FM2 ALSO UNLOCKED AS ITS UNABTAINABLE COME ON TURN 10 MICROSOFT GET YOUR ACTS TOGETHER AFTER ALL WE ARE PAYING FOR THESE GAMES

My understanding was apart from the Porsche expansion pack even if you did have the DLC code unless you have downloaded the cars already the cars were not available to be downloaded. Let us know how you get on.

I think we are beating a dead horse but here are my two cents.

The biggest problem with FM4’s end of life (EOL) was there was no announcement. I didn’t buy any tokens because I always thought I could do that later. This was exacerbated because of the 300 rewards points. I missed out with no warning. I think Turn 10 should have had an EOL blowout sale the last week before EOL and had 50% discounts. I think they would have sold lots of the DLC. I know I would have bought some.

I do like the idea of counting FM5 token purchases toward FM4 token purchases. I don’t know how practical it is. I’m not sure why that can’t open up the FM4 token purchases again. I don’t see how there would be a licensing issue with that. What third party is involved? The DLC I can understand because of licensing with the car manufacturers.

The DLC for FM3 is a little weird. A few months ago I bought a FM3 t-shirt for my avatar. It counted as a DLC purchase for FM3. To my knowledge there is not an equivalent for FM4. Id est, you can’t buy FM4 gear for your avatar. It would be nice if something like this was added.

The auction achievements I’m not that worried about. For FM2 that is 20 gamer points which is 10 rewards points which is 2% of total for FM2. The 300 points for FM4 is 15% of FM4’s total points. I can understand missing out on a few points for joining late. I think 5% would be reasonable, 10% at the most.

These are my two cents. It isn’t worth much but there it is.

Just to add to the votes it would be great to get the points missed by the End of Life of FM4.
I managed to get a copy of the Porsche Expansion pack (game.co.uk online) so this gave me 50 DLC points, but the max points anyone playing the game now can get is 1500 points or 1450 if they cannot find the Expansion pack. I have scored 1500 points it would be great if people like me who have gone to the effort to score all but the paid for points, because of the end-of-life of the product, could be rewarded. I have almost completed fm3, there is nothing which prevents fm3 from being completed even now. Please consider your player opinions both your responses to these concerns and keen Forza players influence other potential buyers.

1 Like

Holy cow, that worked. I’ve been bumming that I couldn’t get a copy of the Porsche pack to get the rest of the achievements, but the site you provided did the trick. Thanks man!

1 Like

Thanks for your tip i also bought the porche expansion just last week from game.co.uk online and to my amazment it worked and nowgot the 50 points for that dlc il not give up on dlc as some of the limted edition versions off thus game will have dlc codes thats not expired thus you can download the stuff but as for the tokens even if turn 10 micrsoft put tgem back up fir a limited time so we could just get the points it would be great we live in hope for backward compatible could be the only way we might see this

Glad to help. Getting the points on the Porsche pack is a lot easier!

Turn10 should just automatically add these points to the Forza Hub if they are no longer attainable through no fault of the players.

2 Likes

The Rewards program is there to REWARD players for their loyalty to the the series and as such was never intended for every player to get maximum points, if you were too late to the party those points are unobtainable and will (and should) stay that way. They adjust the tiers with each new game to help most players still make the top tier but will not ever change it so EVERYONE can get maximum points.

1 Like

It would be nice if everyone who was willing to put in the work and money had a shot at maxing out their hub regardless of when they found out about it. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Well, the thing is: They want to reward the loyal fans that actually buy the tokens and DLC when it is available. To give those points away for free when you can’t buy them anymore is just showing that you don’t need to buy that stuff, you’ll be rewarded anyway. So I doubt that will happen.

1 Like

FM2-3-4/FH-1 backwards compatibility would be the stuff of dreams, for a number of people I’m sure. I could’ve sworn that they had been advertised at least a few titles as back-compat titles before XBOne launch, even… So much for that, so far.

As for people being “late to the party” and missing out on things, it bugs me, too; I wasn’t as “late” as some people, but it still strikes me as being pretty bad practice, regardless of how common or widespread it is… No game should ever have content that suddenly becomes unavailable, or a rewards program that gives at-some-point-unattainable things value. Even in this day and age.

The continuous onslaught of misguided “progress” is something that ought to be thoroughly reconsidered by many, but probably never will be; the surge of DLC that has an expiration date, even GAMES that have expiration dates, will probably continue indefinitely, from here on out. It strikes me as sad. Future generations will be able to buy a Nintendo 64 and continue to play Mario 64 and other games of that generation, but they will be out of luck whenever any game that was purchased online and simply downloaded is end-of-lifed…

Games, like any other construct of human ingenuity, any other product, ought to have more life than some server farm or CEO dictates… So long as a disc or cartridge lasts, those games last—but what of the digital age? The power goes out in such a way, a cord gets pulled, and it’s gone for good. Could be very shortly, that a product you paid good money for is suddenly no longer accessible…

Some “future.” Some “progress”… /rant

2 Likes

Did have an idea for FM2 auction house. Do not know how hard it is to get the Auction house up and running but how about running it on a few published weekends (even holiday weekends) so that people who are keen to complete the auction house rewards or get particular cars can. This would make it a bit more exciting and allow interested people to easily meet up.