Thrustmaster TX Handling Issue

Finding out that the cars seem to go into slides with barely any movement of wheel. Any help with that? I tried less sensitivity and just made the wheel feel dead in the middle. Very frustrating trying to race worrying about the cars going into slides all the time.

Unfortunately you get that slack feeling using less sensitivity but the cars do not feel as though they are on ice, this is the price we pay due to the poor implementation of the wheel in Forza 5.

It’s really just disgusting! I bought an xboxone and the tx just to play forza 5 and the wheel just does not respond properly to the game…PERIOD! If i set the sensitivity lower i just have to fight the wheel back and forth. There seems to me to be no middle ground to have fun. Might as well go back to the controller! Not sure if there is something going on in the physics that the game is trying to compensate for controller use? Either way i am just about fed up with the way the wheel works with Forza 5! Sad! :frowning:

EDIT: Does Forza 5 have rev matching? Sure seems like you have to throttle blip the cars on downshift. Seems like Forza would have rev matching as it’s not a full on simulation?

EDIT AGAIN: I think some of this stuff may be car oriented. I wondered why i had no problems really until i got to a part in my career that required me to drive the cars like the rs200. I finished that part and moved on and the cars i am driving now feel more natural. Need to test stuff before i go off on it next time. lol

I feel your pain.

I bought the wheel because I have trouble using the controllers, I can only run auto if I do.

There is is thread on here about an update on the wheel in these forums but I think the code between the xbox the wheel and the game is wrong. I don’t know if Dan Greenwalt has used this wheel on this game, but if he had he would have to say it does not feel right!

To me it seems like the sensitivity adjustment has been added so we can compensate for the harsh centre movement, when on forza horizon it is not like this.

Hello TX Wheel users. I have the Xbox one and TX wheel since day one and never have any issues (since friday afternoon) I am using The GTE addon, the TH8a shifter and the 3pa pedals. mounted to a Playseat revolution. Friday i started the game like always and at the beginning of the first race there was no throttle input. So i thougt that the wheel was disconected. Trying a bit arround I discovered that everything was working properly all buttons, steering and even clutch, exept the brake and the throttle. I tried to restart a few times, disconeting everything, hard reset of xbox one… always the same.
So i connected the Wheel to pc and tried to reeinstall firmware… nothing even on pc with the Thrustmaster software full throttle shows about 15% and Brake even less. So i thougt the pedal set must be broken. I took the original pedal set. Same issue… I installed all standard part (wheel, pedals, removed the shifter… same issue. Throttle and brake have about 15% of effect if there are fully pressed.
So i found a manual calibration software from thrustmater, installed and tried to solve… the strange thing is thant in manual calibration i see both pedals working properly but i cannot save it on the base. I really don’t know what to do . I wrote the TX team on facebook but no reply. It must be a software problem. someone has an idea. sorry for my bad english!

well, you should enhance your driving skills then, because FM 5 targets skilled drivers, since the game is very near to self-call a simulation racing game. thus a-bso-lu-te-ly natural for cars to behave like spinning out and loosing rear end with the slightest touh of throttle…physics ivolves a lot in FM 5 my friend. This is NOT an arcade racing game like FH 2. Its the real thing…almost.