This week's Forza Leagues: B-Class Ghosts & Sport GT

I did tuned my Viper to perfection, really, to perfection.

But problem is, that this lobby is filled with increased amount of ********** drivers. I even got few threating messages from people, that they will know who I am and will destroy my game :smiley: Well, they:

A, couldnt get over, that I finished in TOP 3 every single time, even if they reckt me on starting line
B, couldnt get over the fact, that I was hiting other people too, since its hard to do anything if somebody will slam you from behind, speeding 250km/h into tight corner. You are in shotgun seat and more like in wrecking ball, than in car.

Whatever, those leagues are great, but Turn 10 need to hire me and I will fix them to enjoynmnet of everybody who wants to race. For wreckers, there is singleplayer. But unless Turn 10 hire me, well, we will have to rant over voice chat (btw, even if you make suggestion topic, it will get locked, but at least with thanking )

Played Sport GT for about 4 races. I started near the back every time, I either got crashed or there would be a huge pile up of 08’ Vipers in front of me . Went straight to Battlefield 4 after that.

Just gathered up some of last night’s laptimes from Rivals/Leagues while releasing this tune. Feel free to give the car a go as it’s easy to drive. My build focuses more on handling than the traditional leaderboard tunes, which opt for Street Tyres and more power.

2009 Honda #11 Honda Racing S2000 CR

Thanks for sharing PJ! I’m definitely going to check that out. I started the B class ghost league yesterday. I had several cars that I thought would be competitive. I even built up my 09 Focus which I ran to within 2 seconds of my A class times at Lime Rock full. All the cars I have are great handling and fairly quick. No surprise really, but they’re not even close to fast enough. I was mid pack all morning. Everyone has high HP missile cars that don’t handle for anything. I get passed at Spa by a 63 Beetle like I’m standing still! Seriously? Of course he totally blows the corner, but still manages to pass me yet again. I have to re-think my strategy a bit.

I did the C class league a couple of weeks back. Did very well, and moved up to the elite division by the end of the week. I have to say, I saw better racing in the lower divisions. Being mid pack, I get to observe many of the other drivers. It’s amazing how many of these “elite” drivers have absolutely no respect for the track limits. Drivers blatantly cutting every corner they can just to get ahead. Not complaining here, just an observation. There are many competent drivers as well. I’m sure the guys running up front are skilled drivers. Hopefully I’ll get up there at some point to see for myself! LOL!!!

Personally I don’t care as much about first place in a Ghost League as some people do: I mainly use it for hotlapping and aim to keep all laps clean.

I get lots of pole positions or top 3 starts keeping clean laps. Plus you get more points while bettering personal leaderboard times. Also, using the ghost leagues to get better without assist so that one day I can run collision leagues without tcs. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to run with the clutch though…lol

1 Like

I hear you, I’m not all about winning either. I do like to be competitive though. On tracks that I know and love like Road America, Road Atlanta, and Sebring, I’m confident I could have run with the front guys had I had enough car under me. I like the ghost leagues because I can enjoy some multiplayer without having to worry about the “griefers”. Plus, it’s a good opportunity to test out your cars to see how competitive they are, or in my case yesterday, aren’t…:(.

1 Like

SNaiL, If you can drive manual, manual w/ clutch isn’t really much more difficult. Just map clutch to the A button. You just get used to mashing A+B and A+X instead of just B and X. Clutch gives you slightly faster acceleration for most cars. At least with a controller it’s quicker. With a wheel and 3 pedals, clutch would be a bit more difficult to get the acceleration benefit. If I had a sim rig setup, I’d probably stick to paddle shifting without clutch.

Sorry, but I have to call you out on this one bud. I run a full Fanatec GT2 with clubsport pedal setup in FM3+4. Using the clutch with a three pedal setup is almost always the way to go. There are cars that have sequential shifters in the real world that perform well without the clutch in game, but for the most part I always used manual with clutch.

Mashing two buttons at once on a controller however, is a c.r.a.p shoot at best…

Um, it’s really not. I can do perfect shifts extremely consistently with mashing A+B. The vast majority of the fastest players in this game use manual with clutch on a controller.

1 Like

Agreed. Once you swap the handbrake and clutch, pressing A+X and A+B is really simple. Mashing is a bit of a strong word even, it feels barely different from ‘pressing’ one button.

But yes, most of the top guys would be using a controller and would be using the two button shifting.

1 Like

I just stopped using automatic so it will be awhile before I attempt full manual online. Think I will work on it in free play and career mode first.
I forgot to mention that I use the right thumbstick for shifting gears. Mapped the buttons to left, right, and behind views. I think its controller setting #11 if I remember right.

This race sums up my experience of the Modern GT league this week:

2 Likes

I recognize the gamertag of the guy in the white & green viper from other leagues, I always had the same problems with him in those too.

1 Like

Yup, a few guys commented on the video that he was a bad racer. Similar to a certain Mr Mustang a few weeks ago (although he seems to have developed some racing skills now.

Behaviour very similar to someone in one of your early videos from Forza 4 who was using his Mustang as a battering ram. I hate that sort of stuff.

1 Like

What makes me laugh is the person bashing you off is often heard complaining at those who even tap him!!

The video below is what really annoys me and often happened in last weeks Rally League. Ignore that it shows the wrecker in 1st place as this is some kind of glitch.

1 Like

Yup, the problem with a lot of these guys is that they always get into fights with people but are always quick to point the finger at the other guy.

The most annoying thing about the leagues for me is that a lot of us race cleanly but then you get 4 or 5 who cut all of the corners and ram everyone which makes the entire lobby unplayable sometimes. It makes a mockery of clean driving when you and another guy are racing cleanly and someone passes you both by cutting the track (Le Mans Bugatti chicane for example) and then beats you. Or in the case of my video above, rams you off then finishes 2nd!

The kick function needs some serious reworking because it simply DOES NOT WORK as it is right now. It was hard enough to get people booted out of a lobby on Forza 4 when it was a better system.

Anyway, see you online at some point for some (hopefully) clean and fast racing.

That’s just an awful driving display from the majority. Well done for not giving in and wrecking that muppet in the TF viper straight away, I would have raged big time.

Would love to race against a driver like you, hitting apexes and racing properly. Good work dude.

1 Like

Thank you. Even when people hit me, I still think it’s best to race fairly with them in the very remote hope that they actually realise you’re being nice and will learn to be nicer themselves. A long shot I know and will mostly never work!!

Having said all this and after that video, I still think you can have very good races in Pinnacle but it depends on whether you can get to the front quickly and get yourself mixed in with the better drivers.

2 Likes