There is no challenge in this game. Is this how the Horizon games always are?

OP…try to get 3 stars in World’s Fastest Rentals Chapter 8, with NO assists and turn off Rewind. Thank me later LOL

The overall experience is to be enjoyed by everybody, therefore the default difficulty is rather low. Crank up the difficulty to the max and you’re having problems.

While I hate cheating AI, especially without a qualifying (something Gran Turismo makes so much better), I like the challenge in club competition. You can ignore the global leaderboard, there are probably only cheaters at the top.

Get a club and compete with your fellow members, be it PR stunts (which are about cutting, mostly), challenges (speed zones, speed traps, danger signs, drifting) or races. If it isn’t a very small club, chances are high that there’s always someone who’s a bit better than you at something. There’s your challenge.

I agree with the OP. This game totally lacks any progress tracking, I finished all races in the game (road, dirt, cross country) mostly on first, sometimes on lower positions. But now I do not know where I didn’t finished first and I can’t get back to those races. I would like to try again with different cars and tunes to beat that 1st position, but since all races are “completed”, I can’t.
I don’t know what to do now, I don’t care about leaderboards and multiplayer is awful and boring with its current “team group” system and every second race is “rush to the next race point”.
In FH3, there was a championship for every race point, I finished them all on 1st position, it was entertaining and long lasting. Now there are no championships at all, few seasonal ones which I beat in an hour are not enough.
This game lacks progress tracking and content for us, who would like to race and beat 1st position on every race series.

Please add at least some option to reset the race indicators on the map so I can start over and over again and have some goal and motivation.

All this talk of stars is making me think you’ve just been doing some of the Horizon Story missions, which are completely optional and relatively easy. What’s unique to this Horizon is its ridiculous intro period which can take up to an hour to complete, likely you’ve been stuck in that with all your assists on and driving some pos. Here’s what you do, traction/stability off, no abs, manual w/clutch on H pattern cars, manual on any flappy paddle, turn that ridiculous driving line off and throw the drivatars to average to start. And as you get better you keep making them harder so that you grab 1st place 30ft from the finish. You have to make your own challenge really, you can get away with driving Miss Daisy for your entire playthrough if you wanted to. Lastly, if you just want to be pissed off you can’t win anything, do all of that, build an S1 street car and try to beat those ridiculous Street Scene drivatars.

Why is it saying I have been driving since 2018 in this post and in another post its correct and I am tier 8?

FH4 is a challenging game online. Challenge yourself to win a race online. Another challenge would be to run the Rivals events and see how your lap times are against all other players in the world. Challenge yourself to get in the top 100 on a leaderboard.

If you’re not playing on Unbeatable, why even start this thread? The game is just fine difficulty wise.

Yeah it seems more participation trophy , but higher rank equal more credits.
Also I may be ravaged for this but I think it’s too “open”…
I appreciated fh1 how you had to have specific cars for specific events, class wise as well. I dont like that you can do every event in an Aventador if you please.
I’d like some structure back

1 Like

I would like to suggest that you get your hands on a copy of Horizon 1. I replay that title from time to time, even though I ‘completed’ it years ago. That game had a much less emphasis on racing and more on stunts, etc.

Things weren’t rewarded automatically to the extent they are in Horizon 4. You have to work for a good number of things. While it was a very enjoyable game from the get go. after the update that included Club 1000 (or was it the 1000 Club?) it became a very well rounded game with lots to do and many challenges to complete. Even after playing Forza titles now for 7/8 years and with all the experience I have gained, there are still a couple of challenges in the outposts in Horizon 1 that I find very difficult to complete successfully.

It is still my most favorite of all the Forza titles.

I would love to hear what you have to say about that game, if you have a chance to play it.

Make that a lot. A lot more structure.

Hi there, I have been racing since Forza 1 and I understand what you mean partially. Horizon, being an open world game does not provide the kinda lap-by-lap precision that maybe the Forza “Motorsport” series does, but I find going between an open-world Forza and a closed-circuit Forza to be a refreshment or else the repetition would be immense. That’s not to say that Horizon requires less skill. It’s just a different approach. The Addition of dirt/off road makes it a whole different ball game too. Anyhow, these are some ways I find to keep myself entertained and pose a challenge to myself.

-Difficulty Change. I enjoy casually racing on Expert or Pro because the lower seems too easy. That being said, different classes suit people differently. Which leads to my next…
-Change up Classes. Racing one class will get boring. It’s great to hone your skills in say… “Buggies” but after you feel you have mastered them, move on. Try Muscle. Its a totally different breed and will require a different touch to be able to master. This way your honing yourself to be an all-around racer instead of specializing in one aspect.
-Turn Assists off. Not all at once but maybe one at a time. This actually will speed you up once you have learned to use the car without them. Don’t get discouraged at first. Racing without Traction Control or using a manual can be hard at first, but it will allow you to use the car very differently and certainly to your advantage with some practice.
-Race online. AI players are predictable and pose not threat when they all follow each other. They don’t talk to you either. Navigating around crazy players and racing hard with clean players is actually a lot of fun. You can also meet good people along the way. I have made a number of close friends when I used to race competitively with F1 cars back in Forza 6.
-Take up a hobby. Painting, photography, etc can be a lot of fun. With contests and sharing on the forums, it makes for an ever-changing challenge.
-Make a special car. This is just my 2 cents here… I enjoy buying a car I like, investing time and effort into an design, upgrades, tuning, and then racing it. All cars have their own characteristics. Concentrating and mastering one is an fun challenge. After that do another, there are hundreds after all ;).
-Clubs. I have found no matter what, there is always someone faster. You’ll find them online and make an effort to see what they do and why. Become as fast as them through practice until you find another to challenger. When I raced F1 there was a regular group of about 10 of us. All were different skill levels and we all shared tips, tricks, and practiced together. We all became very good and really enjoyed the friendly completion. We quickly learned what track each of us excelled at and how we drove. We eventually had no problem driving wheel-to-wheel in these F1 cars cleanly through an entire race.

There are lots of options outside the surface of the game that you can dig up. It’s kept me entertained for since Forza 1. So I hope some of these Ideas can help you find a challenge that will keep your interest too!

CodyJ

1 Like

Why do all the haters compare this to fortnite.

This is casual racing game, fortnite is terribly made shooter, two totally different games. Neither has anything to do with the other.

Clothing, customizing your character, probably the colourful menus, etc.

Things that have existed in many video games that these bitter old folk don’t seem to realize, but they’re only making comparisons because Fortnite has popularized it.

In terms of myself, I completely ignore it. The cars are still great to throw around, and the game is solid.