Static sounds during races only.

I only get this in free play. Not in multiplayer or rivals. I have powercycled twice now I’ll try turning it off at the wall.

Yea im having trouble with static on my game I don’t have any other games to p[lay yet but its very annoying makes ya not even want to play ive contacted Microsoft twicew now ive set my settings to stereo uncompressed or something like someone said and it was already set there so then I went again to Microsoft and he said just reset to factory settings and now its starting to do ity again im bout fed up with it already please help im at my witts end here its very annoying

I had to power down my xbox one and unplug the power pack and then turn back on to get the audio to restore

I also have the same crackling noise problem. I bought XBOX in Japan in this September.
So many days at launch, has not it solved yet? Please patch ASAP, turn10. thanks.

I too have this issue. I run Optical sound so i doubt it has anything to do with the hdmi cables. @Turn10?

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? Please. lol

Menu music is normal. Tried everything in this thread and still the same! Static audio happens during races and when you scroll to assists and what have you before the race. Please Turn 10 help as this is unplayable with audio. I just bought another xboxone for forza 5 and Horizon 2. I hate to think i wasted my money. :frowning: Please help!

I get the static noise too and quitting the game from the home screen seems to be the fastest way to fix it . It will come back eventually though and it`s annoying. I also still get distorted lobby chat voices that sound like digitalized Wookies and then if I go into party chat it goes away.

Sorry. Quitting from home screen. Can you elaborate? Xboxone home screen? Thanks

Go to your main xbox menu, then hit the “start” button. Scroll down to the quit option. After that, hold the power button on the console until it turns off. Wait 1 minute then restart the console. This method worked for me, but I know it doesn’t work for everone. Give it a try.

This worked. :slight_smile: Thank You! Should i always quit games with the start button quit option?

Make sure that the Forza game is highlighted when you hit the start button on the controller.

Thanks. I’ll try and report back.

I do, but I don’t know if you HAVE to or not. I haven’t had a problem since I did that. Hopefully you won’t either.

Thanks Appreciate it.

I’d like to add my voice to this issue also in the hope that we get some kind of response from T10 even if it’s to say “not our issue report to ms”. I would also like to add a warning to people that read this that there is a slim chance that the static noise could damage speakers if it hits a certain frequency or volume as I suspect has happened to me. I have a fairly old and not very high quality HDMI 5.1 surround sound system, although I have been considering an upgrade for some time it has served me well without issue for some years. It’s also important that I mention I have hearing difficulties and therefore use it at sustained high volumes. Last night whilst playing in a MP hopper the static started at the very beginning of a race. I decided to complete the race before restarting my xbox. Since this happened both of the front speakers are blown, at least both the mid-range drivers are. I would like to make it clear that I am NOT definately attributing the static issue to the blown speakers but it does seem a rather large coincidence if there is’nt some link so if only to be certain you don’t have a similar experience I would recommend you stop the game as soon as the static starts. I would also recommend that you post the issue here in this thread each and every time it occures, as I will from now on, in the hope that T10 give us a response of some sort ASAP.

I’m predicting if a mod replies it will go something like this:

Turn 10 Studios are working collaboratively with Xbox to improve game audio

You can contact a representative from Turn 10 Studios via email at forzafb@microsoft.com

For support with Forza Motorsport 5 on Xbox One please visit Xbox Support

Have a nice day

I also get the static problem
I have a POLK 4 Shot headset
Game audio still comes out of my stereo when the headset is plugged in
It seems in my case that the static problem only affects my headset
Game audio from my stereo is fine

POLK headset works fine when plugged into a computer or iPhone

Unrelated POLK issue

POLK has sent an inline boom mic which works great on Xbox live for free ( all you have to do is register your headset on POLK website and receive ship confirm)

From Kevin Duffy, President of Polk:
Thank you to gamers everywhere who bought our newly available 4 Shot Xbox One gaming headset. We are amped to bring quality audio in partnership with Xbox to make games more immersive! Explosions are louder, tire screeches more accurate and engines rumble deeper. We make stuff sound awesome.
Some 4 Shot users might notice an issue with microphone sound pick up in chat modes. Be assured there is no issue with the headphone hardware. Testing 4 Shot with your smartphone will show the mic works great.
The good news is we are working collaboratively with Xbox to improve chat and all current 4 Shot users will be able to download an update in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience and please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.
Sincerely,
Kevin Duffy

Hi, I really want to think you are wrong about a worthwhile response from T10 but as things stand and histoically speaking I suspect you are correct.

Thanks for the info re headsets, I’m currently using headphones plugged directly into my 5.1 amp until I decide what to do about my speakers. I also have the MS xbone headset but when connected to the controller it’s far too quiet even at full volume for me anyway. Have tried it with my hearing aids under the headset but that soon becomes too uncomfortable.

Anyway I thought your post deserved a thank you but my main reason for returning to this thread was to lodge another report of static whilst in MP but this time through my headphones. If only for completeness as I’ve mentioned above these are plugged directly into the 5.1 amp but the headphone output is analogue stereo only.

Yh I am getting sound glitches but weirdly only happening on single player races and not multiplayer or on test drive. I am hearing the audio through my TV and not headset by the way.

Had the same issue and a pwer cycle worked for me…

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/power-cycle-console