Spring #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through February 11

I have won King a few times outnumbered. One was 6 on 3. But when you are down to one car…mathematically the best you can do is a tie. If you lose the crown for one second, you will lose.

Wait, someone was in a Mog and it wasn’t me? Looks like I’m doing PGG again, my apologies to my future teammates.

I’ve had a couple of goes at the trial in the stock Supra, just to see how bad it is.

I think it’s fair to say that for Ambleside, it’s very bad. The poor launch means you can’t gain any places at the start, you get stuck in the general bashing in the early corners and it’s hard to get grip out of the slow corners. I managed 3rd and 5th (both times behind two drivatars and the second time also behind two teammates). A beginner driving auto is going to struggle badly here.

The other two races are a lot more manageable. I’ve won the second one both times fairly easily - with a bit of luck finding a way through the early carnage. I’ve also beaten the drivatars both times in the last one (won easily overall first time and finished 2nd to a competent teammate on the second).

As often with the trial, it’s about having patience I think. My team has lost the first race in 80% of the attempts I’ve had at the trial. However, taking into account quitters and the fact that the stock Supra drivers will do better on races 2 and 3, I’ve only lost one trial overall (and that was because the best driver in one of my stock Supra events quit when leading race 1 - had he stayed and performed at a similar level in races 2 & 3 we’d have won easily.

My Trial experience has been mostly the same as others mention. Stock Supras perform better in races 2 and 3 so patience is important. My best experience has been with a Corolla. I haven’t saved the tune yet.

The 73 Porsche Carrera works for 2 championships and the Forzathon challenge. A new B class tune ran well winning all races against unbeatable drivatars. To complete the rest of the Porsche challenge I used Gunther Works and Singer 911s with offroad / dirt tunes. Both have been pretty fun to race in blueprinted snow and rain dirt races.

73 Carrera b700, 886 874 103
Gw s1 900 rally, 130 584 324
Singer s1 900 rally 135 781 967

Edit:
I’ve had good luck with the trial in a Corolla. 5 of 6 races were first place, the other a podium after the crashfest at the start. It has close ratio gearing, dirt tires and looks amazingly stock.

74 Corolla, Dirt and Snow tune, 141 582 082

I’ve had good luck with the trial in a Corolla. 5 of 6 races were first place, the other a podium after the crashfest at the start. It has close ratio gearing, dirt tires and looks amazingly stock.

74 Corolla, Dirt and Snow tune, 141 582 082

As usual, I simply entered the Trial having no idea what the tracks were, or what cars were allowed. I picked the only car I had available with a tune, which was the Supra, with Rayne’s tune applied, I think. The first race was pretty bad, with just a wall of cars ahead. People kept missing checkpoints and quitting, so we ended up with only two humans by the end of race one. Due to being slowed down so much early on, I couldn’t quite pass two AI cars by the finish, but we won the first race. Race 2 I won by a fair distance, so we’d won the Trial by that point. Race 3, the other human rammed me into the wall at the start, but I was still able to catch him and pass him and the AI to win that one as well. So, job done at the first attempt with the Supra. Other cars may be better if someone is struggling, of course.

Just a little hint. If you, like me, are having trouble finding logs to chop chop for the daily challange. Which isn’t that easy in spring as it is in autumn.

You should take a look here:

Or around Drift Club story, where I usually go and probably many other places :slight_smile:

Almost forgot to run the PGG in a Unimog.

So I double-check my tune. Seems good. I show up…and there is another Mog on my team. lol

I can normally manage at least 1 or 2 flags…could not get any. But I found a neat tactic. If you can get the others to follow you, and go up the left side and come across, you can literally clear the road. I pushed three opponents clear through the scoring zone. So I lost my flag, but my teammates got in with theirs. Ok, so that’s not really fair…or is it? :slight_smile:

Another benefit that plays in well at Mortimer’s…the Mog hardly slows down at all through the water. Playing King or Infected? Got someone closing in behind you, go through the water. You just cut right through it. The acceleration is good, not great…and the top speed isn’t there, but it’s not too shabby. Definitely a neat twist on the game. I wouldn’t bring it to Mudkicker’s but I might take it to the quarry Spring/Fall.