So how will it look/play on Xbox one and S ?

Statements have already been made.

The 4k content is only available for the One X and even then requires an additional download (100GB).

This means that the base game will be running at 1080 on all consoles. If you want to upgrade this then you will need an Xbox One X and the 4k texture pack. Simply having an Xbox One X won’t make the game 4k - you need the additional texture pack.

In terms of frame rate Microsoft have confirmed that any game which runs on the One X at 4k/60FPS will also run at 1080/60FPS on the regular One.

All information available via Google. :slight_smile:

While this is true … based on everything I’ve read, the download of 4K assets or XBox One X enhancements is an automatic component of game installations on the One X. I don’t believe that users will even need to think about this … it is automatic.

1 Like

This. Xbox One X will always download 4K assets, regardless of the TV you have. As for the performance on the base consoles it has been 1080p at 60fps since FM5, no reason for that to change now.

1 Like

It won’t change as there isn’t a resolution between 1080 and 4K on TVs. Not sure about the guys using PCs and monitors though.

Right, it will however, look better on a 1080p TV + Xbox-X versus a 1080p TV + normal Xbox.

You’re not going to see any improvements without the upgrade to the X1X. If you played 5 and 6, you’re more than likely going to see the same thing but under a new title. You can add all the extra features you want but won’t see there full potential until upgrading to a higher resolution.

For my part and presumably most others, it’s not “how much better” but whether FM7 will be at least as good as prior motorsport titles on base and S systems

The announcements indicate the feature set will be the same on all systems. That would include dynamic weather. That level of complexity has been done at no better than 1080/30 on the base and S systems. So the concern is that resolution or framerate will be compromised to make it happen in FM7.

Correction: Forza Horizon has done no better than 1080/30, but that is an open world game which requires significantly more resources than a closed circuit like the Motorsport series. Project CARS runs at 900/60 and they don’t have the exposure or the time that T10 has had with the Xbox hardware. I think it is entirely possible that T10 managed to get Motorsport to run at 1080/60 with dynamic weather without any hiccups.

In Xbox one/S whe will have no access to the 4k textures so far as I know. So whe will get forza6 + Forza horizon 3 cars with maybe a bit better Forza 6 graphics. For the new cars whe will have to pay extra. So in fact Forza 7 buyers of the one and one S will not getting really new IMO.
If the one and one S Looks so great why whe haven’t seeing nothing and it’s still 1 and a half away from release. Why because turn 10 put all the manpower in the X version.
Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I’m sinking.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you think that FM7 won’t be “new” because it share some cars and tracks with previous games then you have missed the plot entirely. More than anything each Forza installment has always tried to provide an upgrade in some fashion wether that’s a shift in console generation, new physics, new tracks, new cars, new gameplay or any number of other things. Turn 10 has only shown gameplay from Xbox One X, because one they are a Microsoft Studio and help sell consoles. And two, Turn 10 has already reached the “maximum” for the Xbox One/S, and when I say that I mean 1080p at 60fps, and have done so since the launch of FM5. Obviously there are other gains to be had behind the scenes, but as far as graphical fidelity it has been at the very top for awhile. Plus the fact that Microsoft is trying as hard as they can to blur the line between Console Gaming and PC Gaming its very easy to see why T10 isn’t putting an emphasis on showing Xbox One/S content, we have had it for almost 4 years now.

2 Likes

There are no different versions … the game is identical on all three systems. The only difference will be the resolution of the game on the One X using 4K assets. T10 doesn’t have to divide resources between a One version, a One S version and a One X version.

1 Like

Fact is no one knows yet since none of us have played it yet

2 Likes

I wonder why this thread is still going - T10 never claimed that they’ve sacrificed their 60/1080p engine for the regular versions. They never said FM7 is a One-X exclusive title. Majority of MS consumers still plan to game on the regular One and One S, so why all the insecurity and speculation?

Read again: the ONLY benefit you’re enjoying on the One X version is a native 4K resolution and HDR, that’s it. If you have the One S, you can already enjoy the HDR feature. Fact: there’s not exactly a world of difference between HDR and non-HDR sources like there is with SD and HD. You can turn on your TV’s dynamic contrast (low) to experience somewhat similar effects.

1 Like

Well … there are other differences and improvements in the gaming experience when moving from a One/One S to a One X besides “ONLY 4K resolution and HDR” as you state it. There are significant improvements in audio quality and game performance that come from new hardware and technologies in the One X that are not in the One/One S.

And as for the differences between HDR and non-HDR content … I haven’t experienced anything using HDR myself yet, but have read many places from many sources that HDR does make a significant improvement from non-HDR content. Based on all I’ve read, sounds like you may be underselling the benefits of the HDR technology.

1 Like

Wait… what?! You think Forza is going to sound better on a One-X? Wouldn’t that be the same as T10 shooting themselves in the foot with giant nail gun? I don’t think they would want to cause that kind of community uproar, and it hasn’t been confirmed anywhere, so to speak.

What IS confirmed for FM7 is HDR and 4K on the One-X. That’s it mate. All the assets are the same - same detail levels, same particle effects, shadows, reflections etc.

What benefit was there to having FM6 on the PC? Absolutely nothing, apart from a sharper, cleaner-looking resolution.

So … wanted to clarify my post with respect to improved audio after doing a bit more reading. I had originally read somewhere that the XBox OneX will support Dolby Atmos technology. I thought that the article I read said that this was the first console in the XBox line to do so … but now see that the OneS also supports Dolby Atmos. That’s where my original comment about games sounding better on the OneX came from. Assuming that you have a receiver that supports Atmos and the required speaker setup … and that you’re playing games encoded to support Dolby Atmos … then yes, games on the OneX will sound better and more realistic than games on an XBox One. Which is part of the question that the original post asked.

I have not seen any official statement confirming or denying Dolby Atmos audio support for FM7 … so I guess we’ll have to wait for more information to answer the audio quality question.

Of the games I’ve played (Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, Horizon: Zero Dawn and WipEout Omega Collection) with HDR support all I can say is this: Once you turn it off, everything looks flat or oversaturated. I’m still running a regular Xbox One so I don’t have the ability to see HDR content on Forza Horizon 3 or Gears of War 4.

In my opinion HDR is a bigger game-changer than 4K resolution. If you have a powerful enough television that is properly calibrated (I’m using the Samsung KS8000) HDR can do wonders.

1 Like

Watch a 1080p youtube video, that’s what it will look like

Are there any screenshots/graphics comparisons for FM7 on the original Xbox One and Xbox One S?

There’s already a couple of threads on this.

On the one and one s it’ll still run at 1080 as you’d expect but graphics/graphical effects are improved over FM6