Series 29 - Nov. 3 content update/cars | Nov. 5 Forza Monthly livestream

Looking forward to all three additions.

• I like the '73 Carrera RS tail design elements of the Singer while the front comes off a bit uninspired. Stock weight of slightly above 1,000kg looks promising if there are options left to further decrease it.
    Could be quite the handling car at S900.

• The 850 CSI is probably my favourite BMW of all times, surely of the more modern age. Beautiful late 80’s /90’s design with an unnecessary V12 rambling under the hood. Stock PI seems reasonable and I can see a stock tires, full weight reduction build making a fun car for B700. At least in FM7 it was.

• The Hammer is the car I’m most interested though. Badass design, badass name, badass performance for its time. Also never seen it in a racing game yet. Stock PI of A703 seems rather hefty though.
    Given the power/weight ratio and the shown grip I can’t really see where it’s coming from. Hopefully it’ll teach me better.

Might be because it starts with a better tire compound than it should, but, without having the car, it’s difficult to say. IMO the Hammer should not be faster/better than the Omega/Carlton, which is B680 something.

https://www.twitch.tv/forza

Hi! I am not sure if this is new since the FH4 November 2020 update, but I have noticed some small, but annoying graphical and colour glitches that I hadn’t seen before. They seem connected in some way, and decades ago this would have been because of a colour lookup table problem where one nuance of dark grey had been repurposed.

It happens
a) when jumping back after a camera spin with the right joystick, it sometimes takes about half a second for a dark grey to fade to its intended colour from some much brighter colour. It is visible on diffuse light reflections like damp roads and also on off-road puddles. Are reflections not being calculated as often as before, and thus being transitioned more slowly?
b) without a license plate, there is a false transition colour flash on the car when fading in the picture, like one frame of yellow.
c) treelines against clear skies have a changed anti-aliasing perception compared to before. The colour change is too sudden, and looks over-sharpened.

Also, it at times feels like the draw distance of the Xbox One X enhanced version has been reduced to more like a One / Series S version. And the motion blur looks slightly more fuzzy.

If I am not imagining this, I would guess it has got to do with Xbox Series compatibility.
Feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, I agree with you on this.

Call me crazy but I would have a Porsche 956 rather then a singer. We already have enough 964 models, why cant we have something unique? 956 was in the leak list after all.

We don’t have a single 964 in the game.

And it will stay this way. The Singer is not a true 964, it’s… something else.

The 956 has no place in Forza Horizon… The 962 is high P class in FM7, so in FH4 it would be X class. Maybe the 928 GTS would’ve been a more interesting addition than the Singer.

Actually even though the Rufs are all 911s they’re probably better additions than these other tuned Porsches, but licensing could be getting in the way. Only explanation for their absence, as, even with Porsche already in the game, a Yellowbird would generate much interest.

One X owners have been getting the shaft from Microsoft lately. First the console was discontinued, to make room for the Series S (IMO a big mistake, there was no need for an entry level console), then there’s some games like Ori and the Will of the Wisps which never got the support they deserved on the Xbox One (all models).

The Xbox One X has always run FH4 at a 99% locked 30 fps, so there was never any need to change graphics presets… Let’s hope it’s just placebo, because, if it’s real… Well, the Series X doesn’t need this kind of protection, what it needs is games, and it’s lacking on that part.

I was also disappointed when I learned PG outsourced the Xbox Series enhanced versions of the game, because this was not the case with FH3. The studio is more than capable of doing this by itself.

It really seems like the outsourcing company screwed up big time. Since the November 2020 update, it feels like the draw distance has been significantly impaired on the Xbox One X. Gras pops in just a few meters away from the car. This used to be the visually best game I had. If this has been done on purpose, so that comparisons with the Xbox One X make the Series X look better, then just wow, how bad is that?

An alternative explanation would be that the outscourcing company threw loads of fine-tuned code optimisations overboard to make Series compatibility easier to achieve. After all, what do they care about draw distance?

It seems like there now is the Xbox One / X / S / Series S version and the Series X version, which would be a total disgrace.

Of course, games journalists just couldn’t care less, they are just as mainstream, uninformed and financially precarious as journalist with all media outlets these days. Watching IGN and Digital Foundry bend over backwards towards MS really makes me p*ke.

And we are forced to update FH4 every month, and can only avoid this by being offline at any time we start the game. I would have gladly stuck with the October 2020 version, because I had been fearing something like this.

How can MS and PG have so little pride in what they do? We will of course, as ever, get no feedback at all from the companies involved. After all, they already have our money.

Sorry for being not very specific. I mean by 964, I mean old 911 models.

For the PI calculations no. We have Ultima 1020 in the game which stays in S2 998 with a 1020 hp engine and 950 kg weight. Altough 956 probably have more downforce then Ultima 1020 but it has much weaker engine of 635 hp and 800 kg of weight and its 5 speed manual transmission will help to reduce its PI rating. We also have Volkswagen I.D.R in game which had similar Nurburgring lap times with Porsche 956. Even tho in the current PI system Volkswagen I.D.R is overrated. If those 2 cars have place in Fh4 then why 956 wouldnt? To be honest if 956 had no place in horizon, then Devs wouldnt even bother to add its codes to the game.

About the Ruf yeah I agree. Ctr Yellow bird or Ctr2 would have been much better.

Forza Horizon 4 has worse support than Gears 5 IMO. Coalition actually took the time to implement next gen features in their game, meanwhile PG gives the game to an outside studio, a competent one indeed, but still outsider. This is not Crackdown 3, this is Forza freakin’ Horizon!

Best you can do is send them a ticket but it’s a lottery.

1 Like

have you bothered sumbitting a ticket to support about it yet
complaining about on here is pretty much pointless unless you are just looking for others opinions about it

1 Like

So there are the three new vehicles: Velociraptor, 850csi, and the Singer Porsche

The Velociraptor was a prize in this week’s challenges. Are the other two vehicles available yet? When I checked the Autoshow, I did not see them. I have seen a Velociraptor in the auction house but not the BMW. And never checked for the Porsche.

The VelociRaptor was the last new reward for Series 28.

The Series 29 new exclusives are coming in the next four weeks:
Summer: Porsche
Autumn: BMW
Spring: Mercedes-Benz

Ah ok. I mentioned it because I saw the BMW 850 listed on one of the leaderboards for a PR stunt. Took a screencap of it because I wasn’t sure. Was a 10-star dude, I think.

I really have to laugh at the intelligence of those people who time travel to get a car and then use it to set a record or rival time lol!!!

They are obviously soooo smart they haven’t clued in yet that Forza has been banning people left right and centre for it.

Probably explains how they got to star 10 too…

Saw a singer on a drivatar … sounded beast and looked good.

So we’re down to 3 cars a month rather than 4 now? That’s… disappointing?

Good to see the 850i and the Singer in there, and never heard of that tuned Mercedes. Look forward to them but does feel like the cars have slowed to a trickle. Surely the last 2 series they could have added in another ‘old’ car (one that was in FH3/FM7 already, but missing from this one)?