Polls: Midnights at Horizon (Series 19) Recap

MIDNIGHTS AT HORIZON (SERIES 19) RECAP POLLS

Please respond to the following polls to provide us feedback about Series 19 - Midnights at Horizon. Be sure to also use the Suggestions Hub for requesting Environment and other game features for future series or permanent features.

Overall, how much did you enjoy the Series 19 content?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How does your opinion about Series 19 content now compare to your expectations before you played it?

• Exceeded expectations
  • Fairly met my expectations
  • Fell short of my expectations
  • No preference

0 voters

Which Series 19 features did you enjoy most?

• Themed Festival Playlist events
  • Extended night and neon decorations
  • Rally-inspired Clothing and Car Horns
  • EventLab Props (Rally and Neon)
  • Epitaph Records music
  • Anti-lag & Launch Control
  • Rally bodykits and tire profile size
  • Steering Wheel Rotation support and DLSS 3 & Reflex
  • Not interested or No preference

0 voters

Overall, how much did you enjoy the Extended Night experience?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

Would you like to see Extended Night Time be a permanent change to the game in the future?

• Yes
  • No
  • No preference

0 voters

How did you feel about the length of Extended Night?

• Too Long
  • Just Right
  • Too Short
  • No preference

0 voters

How do you feel about the gameā€™s normal length of day vs night?

• Too much daytime
  • Too much night time
  • Just right
  • No preference

0 voters

How much did you enjoy the Neon decorations?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much do you enjoy the addition of Epitaph Records to the radio?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much do you enjoy the addition of Anti-Lag as a performance upgrade?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much do you enjoy the addition of Anti-Lag as an audio/visual experience?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much do you enjoy the addition of Launch Control?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much do you enjoy the Bodykits added in Series 19?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much do you enjoy the addition of Tire Profile upgrades?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much did you enjoy the EventLab events in Series 19 Festival Playlists?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

Do you like having two EventLab events per seasonal Festival Playlist?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Are you interested in Festival Playlists emphasizing more of these event types?

• Trial
  • Playground Games
  • PR Stunts
  • Championships
  • The Eliminator
  • Horizon Arcade
  • Horizon Open
  • Horizon Tour
  • Photo Challenge
  • Treasure Hunt
  • Collectibles
  • Rivals

0 voters

Which opponent field type do you prefer in Festival Playlist events?

• With Drivatars
  • With online players
  • Solo (hot lap and stunts)

0 voters

Did you use Rally Adventure or Hot Wheels events to earn Festival Playlist points in Series 19?

• Rally Adventure only
  • Hot Wheels only
  • Both
  • Neither

0 voters

How did you feel about the difficulty of completing Festival Playlist events in Series 19?

• Too difficult
  • Too easy
  • Just right

0 voters

Which season do you enjoy most?

• Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter
  • Spring

0 voters

How satisfied were you with the available event Rewards in Series 19 Festival Playlists?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

Which seasonal Forzathon Shop set did you enjoy most in Series 19?

• Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter
  • Spring

0 voters

Which of the Series 19 car additions did you collect?

• 2021 Rimac Nevera
  • 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
  • 2021 Lexus LC 500
  • 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

0 voters

Which of the Series 19 car additions do you anticipate using most in the future?

• 2021 Rimac Nevera
  • 2021 Lexus LC 500

0 voters

How much are you enjoying the Nevera?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much are you enjoying the CT5?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much are you enjoying the LC 500?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

How much are you enjoying the CT4?

(1 = low, 10 = high)

0 voters

Which series since launch added the best group of non-DLC cars?

• 19 Midnights at Horizon (Lexus LC 500, Cadillac CT4/CT5, Rimac Nevera)
  • 18 Horizon Wilds Takeover (Audi Sport Quattro S1, Subaru BRAT, UTVā€™s)
  • 17 Japanese Automotive (Nissan Z, Toyota Sports 800, Toyota MR2, Mitsubishi Galant)
  • 16 FORDzathon (MG6, Clio 16 Concept, Clio '10, Megane '10)
  • 15 Horizon Holidays (Sian, CUPRA, Limo, Fury, Javelin, AMC Rebel)
  • 14 Donut Media (Lynk 03 TCR, Morris, Ford '46 woody wagon)
  • 13 10th Anniversary (Viper FE, One-77, 599XX, Eagle Speedster, Agera)
  • 12 Horizon Road Trip (Bentley Turbo R, Audi e-tron GT, '21 RS 7, Lynk, Sentra NISMO)
  • 11 Ramiā€™s Racing History (300 SLR, 550A Spyder, HDT, '21 M4, '10 M3, '90 Legacy, Xpeng)
  • 10 Extreme E (Extreme E, Porsche GW, Singer, 917/20, 356 Emory)
  • 9 Horizon Hot Wheels (2JetZ, Rip Rod, HW Mustang, Nash, F-5 Dually, Barracuda, Super Bee)
  • 8 German Automotive ('18 Audi RS 4 Avant, '21 Porsche 911, '15 Merc-AMG GT S)
  • 7 Cinco de Mayo (Ferrari F8, SF90, '14 California, 512 TR, 250 GT BL)
  • 6 Horizon Customs (Ascari, ATS, Mach-E, McLaren 765LT, 650S Spider)
  • 5 Horizon Rush Takeover (KTM, MINI FE, '20 NISMO GT-R, Noble M600, 4Runner)
  • 4 Horizon World Cup (MG3, NIO, '12 Porsche, Wuling)
  • 3 Happy New Year (Mustang Mach 1, Arctic Trucks, '03 Celica, Zenvo)
  • 2 Holiday Special (Aventador SVJ, Peel)
  • 1 Welcome to Mexico (DeLorean)

0 voters

Which of the most recent #NewToForza cars have you most enjoyed or most want to collect?

• 2021 BMW M4 Competition CoupĆ©
  • 2020 Xpeng P7
  • 2021 Audi RS 7 Sportback
  • 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT
  • 2021 Lynk & Co 03+
  • 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS Anniversary Edition
  • 2020 Lynk & Co #100 Cyan Racing 03
  • 2022 CUPRA UrbanRebel Concept
  • 2020 Lamborghini SiĆ”n Roadster
  • 2020 MG #20 MG6 XPower
  • 2021 MG MG6 XPower
  • 2023 Nissan Z
  • 1965 Toyota Sports 800
  • 2021 Polaris RZR Pro XP Ultimate
  • 2021 Sierra Cars 700R
  • 2021 Rimac Nevera
  • 2021 Lexus LC 500
  • No preference

0 voters

14 Likes

I had to vote no on this even though I do like having two EventLab events per season, because having two eventlab events means less of other activities, particularly racing championships. For me, racing championships > eventlab events. Itā€™s cool to see peopleā€™s creativity showcased, but rare is the eventlab that I want to revisit.

If two eventlab events came every season without costing other events, or at the very least without costing racing championships Iā€™d like that.

Mind you if you gave us custom championships as opposed to drip feeding us racing endgame I wouldnā€™t mind having less racing championships on the playlist so much.

18 Likes

Are these ratings extremely low for the quality of update. Most of the polls have an average of 6 but compared to public response outside the site is very positive - around 8 or 9

14 Likes

Considering usually these polls sit about 3.5 this series has been rated almost twice that of their typical updates.

The fact is many of these questions are rather vague, ie. How much are you enjoying ā€˜insert vehicle hereā€™ if you havent driven the vehicle as of yet it would make sense to skip the question but some people may put 1 as they havent driven it.

And questions like how satisfied with the playlist overall some people may degrade the review for the simplest of things; ā€˜i dont like racing at night and yes there are extremely easy ways to race at daytime such as starting an even and setting the dayscale to noon but i dont want to do that i just want to complain so this question gets a 1ā€™

So its often better to look at the trends rather than one specific data set

Simply, pgg could release the top 10 items on the suggestion hub and i still doubt that it would scale higher than an 8. You would have the people that go ā€˜i had to get 80 points in this series to get some old nissan commuter car?! This series gets a 1ā€™

People are too complicated to please everyone unfortunately

6 Likes

Itā€™s natural for players to want to answer a question with more nuance or narrow focus than Overall Yes/No. We also have to consider burnout for users who donā€™t want tooo many questions to go through. For comparison purposes we will probably continue using the same question format for each series but if there are additional poll questions youā€™d like to see please do suggest them and weā€™ll consider including them. Provide an example of the question, choices, and poll type if you can.

10 Likes

New to Forza and this is my first series and it was cool! I loved seeing the neon versions of the tracks Iā€™ve been racing on this month. Buggy Nights Championship was especially amazing and I wish I could still access it. I hope the next series is just as good!

8 Likes

I believe the neon items will be added to the blueprint builder so look out for some amazing neon blueprints coming out in the next few months

6 Likes

A bit of balance wouldnā€™t go amiss, in the general player base thereā€™ll be just as many if not more who jump up and down clapping like seals for anything and wouldnā€™t even put thought into the high score theyā€™d inevitably give if asked.

Many of the regulars answering on here will have been through this same old procession for years now, itā€™s difficult to get hyped up for what could be as much as your 79th series or weeks 215-218 of going through this same pattern of play.

I like that theyā€™ve tried varying things up a bit more in FH5 with these themes, more creative dailies, stock Trials etc but at itā€™s foundation itā€™s still near identical with itā€™s structure.

Personally I will be unlikely to give high scores out on these not because I dislike everything but new series + seasons to me are now something that is justā€¦there.

6 Likes

Honestly, like did these people even play the game?

2 Likes

This.

Also, when you have something as subjective as taste in cars, the results are always going to vary. My personal wishlist is currently past the 350 mark, so if thereā€™s an entire month where I donā€™t get to take a car off the list because it hasnā€™t been added to the game, of course Iā€™m not going to think very highly of what cars are added.

At the risk of being presumptious, I think a lot of regulars on here have more game time clocked in in not only Horizon 5, but the Forza franchise as a whole more than most players creating an account here for the first time. If Iā€™m wrong, feel free to correct me.

6 Likes

Iā€™m certain that I wouldā€™ve enjoyed this series a lot more if new glitches and bugs hadnā€™t come with it.

3 Likes

Unless you start releasing Eventlabs separately for the Series X/S and regular Xbox One, I wish they were discontinued altogether. At least half the eventlabs on the seasonal playlist we unplayable due to being so laggy.
The other thing Iā€™d like to see is if we could rate them after playing them. This is done out in freeroam, why isnā€™t it in the Playlist? This might clue the team in as to which kind of tracks to include. Plus, Iā€™d like to see the addition to comments as we rate them. There were some beautiful tracks, that I would rate 1 because of lag, but 10 because of design, and it would be good for both the people making them, and the team distributing them through Festival Playlist to be aware of.

7 Likes

Night time is not good. Needs to be darker otherwise itā€™s a big turn off for meā€¦

3 Likes

for the " Which series since launch added the best group of non-DLC cars?" question, midnights at horizon was a clear answer for the simple fact that every car was newā€¦ mostly. but picking a second option was much harder as literally every other series is watered down by or exclusively includes returning cars from fh4/fm7. as an example, the super bee and 03 celica are some of my favorite cars in this game but i cant bring myself to rate their respective series highly because the rest of the car rewards felt like a slap in the face.

the second option i ended up choosing was japanese automotive because the Z and 800 are cool new additions (though sorely lacking customization), but grinding out the galant, which i loved driving since day 1 of playing fh4, felt almost insulting as a returning player.

as of the time of writing, the two series i picked, midnights and Japanese, are quite well clear of literally everything else, which i think shows quite clearly that my sentiment is not unique. imo, the best way to go forward would to have only new to forza cars as seasonal rewards, and have cars returning from previous games as championship/trial/playground rewards. we would all love to see cars from fh4, fm7 and older games return but having them return so sparsely and seeing them advertised as if theyā€™re some sort of new exciting thing is painful and, for some, can make us not even want to drive them; whereas doing a championship just to get, as a recent example, a q60 that you could just buy from the autoshow for 50k cr feels pointless given how easy it is to get money. I truly hope that the data gathered from this poll and the suggestions put forth by some others here, ESPECIALLY the ability to make custom championships, are seen and can serve to make this game as great as it couldā€™ve been since day 1

7 Likes

Really was hoping to have a more formal way of saying how trash every EV is instead of resorting to this lol

I hate to sound critical butā€¦ Thereā€™s nothing fun or interesting about any of the EVā€™s in the world, and they really are a total snooze-fest in game.

I have more interest in my neighbors Kia Soul than a Rimac Nevera.

They are just auction fodder for funding real cars!

4 Likes

They are what you make them. Personally find them alot of fun.

3 Likes

I really did not enjoy this extended night timeā€¦ And the neon lights just make it hard to see and somewhat blinding for older gents, like myself. It felt like 75% nights and 25% days. Every single time I logged in this month itā€™s night outā€¦ And it just kept on going and going. Waaaaaaay too overcooked for me. I donā€™t know where all this ā€œwe want more nightā€ sentiment comes from, because I donā€™t find myself sharing this belief at all. It really turned me off from playing and enjoying the game like I normally do. Huge downgrade for me and I truly hope this doesnā€™t become a ā€œthingā€ because Iā€™ll probably stop playing the game all together.

15 Likes

One personā€™s trash is anotherā€™s treasure, I guessā€¦ :man_shrugging: