Graphics - Raytracing Visual Bugs on Vehicle Windows at Ultra and Extreme Settings

If I set the raytracing quality to ultra or extreme a number of visual bugs appear on certain cars.

The BMW 2002 Turbo rear window develops a bizarre non-reflective strip:

Cars that have decals on windows that go away when painting them will show reflections of the decals that are no longer there. As an example, the painted Hoonigan Bel Air:

All of these issues go away when turning ray tracing quality to High or lower

Happens in more cars. I had to turn Raytracing down to High because of this. What’s the point of adding a feature like this if you’re not going to fully test it beforehand?

@RecordedTitan42 @IVorzaYT we’re doing periodic check-ins: would you please confirm if this bug continues to be an issue after updates released since you first reported it? If so please provide your platform details.

I’m still experiencing the issue. I’m playing on PC on windows 10 using AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti, 16 GB RAM with fully updated drivers

1 Like

Particularly in free roam I have noticed if Ray Tracing is switched on some cars appear to have holes in their windows. (Ferrari 458 and 1994 Fairlady Z are 2 I have noticed it on but probably on others too). Means I have switched ray tracing off all together, which is a shame as with it on the game looks truly beatiful!

@RecordedTitan42 @PurplePetrol13 following up again - is this still an issue after recent FH5 updates and GPI driver updates?

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately its still exactly the same bug on the 2 cars I noticed it on before

1 Like