(Rant) One Thing I Hate About Horizon

, , , ,

This is gonna be a rant so before you get your pitchforks out bare that in mind lol

So my biggest gripe with Forza Horizon series as a whole is the fact that older games including their dlcs have to be delisted and can no longer be bought again why does this bother me well I’ll explain

First of all its fine if you were around at the time the older stuff was available and bought them as you have them for life but for people like me (I started woth Horizon 5) who play and love the game and think wow I’d love to experience how this series started and want to go back to the older games to experience the past only to find they can’t experience the full games is a real punch in the gut

Recently they had the 10 year anniversary and in fh5 and the game went on and on about how exciting the past was and its like a massive middle finger to anyone who’s new to the game almost like its saying oh you want to experience this cool content from the past well too bad you can’t it honestly screws over newer players who want to play the whole series

Now I’m aware it’s likely cuz of licenses expiring and so on but it’s still a middle finger to newer players like myself I was able to get all the dlc for Horizon 3 onwards but cannot get the dlcs for horizon 2 and I wish I could play storm island and the others but I simply cannot and there are lots of others in the same boat it would be great if the older content could be available again even if just for a limited time so us newer players can play the series in its entirety but ofc being realistic I know it’ll never happen but imagine if it did how much money they’d make I’d buy it in an instant and I’m sure plenty of others would do also

One last thing back when the 10 year anniversary happened I hoped the older dlcs would be made available one last time for purchase ofc I knew it wouldn’t happen but I thought how great it’d be even if it was only for the week that particular game was the focus like for instance
Week 1 was horizon 1 so have all horizon 1 available for that week
Week 2 horizon 2 have horizon 2 available that week
And so on
Again unrealistic but how great would it have been

In conclusion I love forza horizon its my favourite game series of all time but it really upsets me that I got into the series with horizon 5 and was already many years to late to experience all the great content of the older games I wish they would be put on sale again for limited time but chances are very very unlikely to impossible which is a huge shame

Rant over sorry for venting and for length of this post if you read through it all thank you hope you have an amazing day

1 Like

You can still buy them all if you want, new or used. Just not digital versions from xbox, delisted dont mean that all stores that have disc or digital keys throw them away.

2 Likes

I started with Horizon 4. I loved Horizon 4 so much I bought a second hand X-Box one and bought Horizon 1 - 3 on auction sites. Couldn’t get the DLC’s for those games but at least I could enjoy most of the older games.

This is one of those things that’s on car manufacturers, not PGGs.

Trust me I’m not afraid to criticise PGG, but this is something they can do next to nothing about. It only takes one car manufacturer too.

3 Likes

Ye but not the dlcs unless you get lucky and find an unused code for sale and no matter where I look I cannot find a code for storm island lol