Project Cars 2 Announced

Here’s the link: http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/announcing-project-cars-2-sign-up-now/

Kinda hoping they would fix the first one first. IF the first is fixed, then perhaps I will buy the second waaaay after launch. Personally I think all resources should be getting the first game up to scratch rather than moving on. From the images I have seen it looks like work began a while ago.

What do you guys think? Excited for the expanded motorsport disciplines, or think it’s too soon? Also what do you think to the game being crowd funded AGAIN? Do you think they will have learnt from their mistakes or perhaps they are being too ambitious?

Here’s some of the blurb:

The Project CARS 2 Vision

PRO RACING. ANYTIME. ANYWHERE.

THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere

THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars

CO-OP CAREER – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards

SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you

PRO ESPORTS RACING – Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Leagues, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality

YOUR HOME FOR RACING – Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy

Project CARS 2 will be released for the PC, Sony’s Playstation 4, Microsoft’s Xbox One and Steam OS.

So they’re broke already?

3 Likes

Nah, according to Ian they made a boatload of money already from the first game, the asked entry price for the second public funding is only to keep the “idiots”(his own words) out of WMD.

Another recent Bell quote in regards to PCars I: “People can judge us by our actions over the next year”…and i thought its already out of beta…stupid me

WMD was full of idiots that overruled the minority when we complained about said things…

Funny thing is the minority is now the majority. You have the idiots in WMD to thank for the state of PCARS1.

As a WMD member that was in the minority, Im highly annoyed.

Tell me about it, it was near impossible to let SMS know of the issues with Pcars during the development phase because of the sheer amount of people brown nosing them. Which I believe has actually contributed to the way Ian is currently acting. He was very approachable when Pcars was in its infancy, now you cant say anything negative about the game without been kicked out of the forums. I think making this public so soon after the release of the game is a mistake, and they should be focused on fixing the issues with the current iteration first.

2 Likes

Yup lol
forza for life

1 Like

I’m guessing Pcars2 is just gonna be Pcars1 with no controller bugs and decent AI?

1 Like

I honestly can’t believe they are already looking to put out a 2nd despite all the problems PCars still has. I know they said there are many more updates throughout 2015, but what audacity to ask for more funding to produce a sequel to a game that works half the time. Seriously?!

I think what people don’t get is that game development is parallel.

It is not like they decided this week to let PCars 1 stay in its current state and do a PCars 2. The decision to do a PCars 2 was probably made before PCars 1 release.

I guess most know how it works, i’m sure it wasnt any different with Forza. Its also clear that they cant have the whole staff working on fixing the current Pcars. Its more about the general message. If they really dont need the money, it might have been better to quietly develop part 2 for a few months, until they fixed all the major bugs (and there are many) for the current one. The general community acceptance would have been much better and they would have even gained new backers who didnt participate in the first crowdfunding.

But hey, as long as most WMD members act like cultists, whorshipping holy Saint Ian, there’s nothing to worry for SMS. I’m glad that there are still some reasonable WMD members who dont agree with what PCars has become in the last couple of months. Seriously, in my 30 years of gaming, i’ve never came across such a weird place like the pcars forums…some definately seem to suffer from blurred vision

the idea was thrown around on WMD when the game went gold…

LOL.

It’s obvious if they were going to make a sequel, that they’d have started before the PCars was released so I’m not bothered by that.

I just think it was a horrible decision to announce it publicly so soon after the first game was released, especially as said first game is a broken mess.

(shameless link to my blog where I summed up my views a bit more on it Project CARS 2 announced already as a crowdfunded project, rather disappointingly. | Manual With Clutch )

I have seen some crazy fanboys in my time, but the pCars forums take the biscuit.

On a side note the Forza forums have been the friendliest most down to earth I have ever come across. I don’t know if it’s the game that makes the community, or the community that makes the game, perhaps both, but FM.net is awesome. I just miss the height of forum buzz when Forza 3 came out, it’s always been tides and waves with the community quieting down between releases…

Anyway, I totally agree, I understand they want to make a new game, and the idea behind all the racing disciplines sounds awesome. Like Forza meets GRID, but announcing it now is way too soon. I hope it’s good, but it’s really put me off. That said I was already majorly put off by the wreck that was pCars.

2 Likes

Eh…, I dunno. I’ve been on worse boards, but I’ve been on better. Several years back when Gran Turismo 5 came out, I was discussing it on some boards including Sony’s official boards, and those were horrible; not so much the regular users but the folks running it and how. On Sony’s boards you couldn’t say “cockpit” because it got caught in a word filter, and if you found a way to get it posted you got moderated for bypassing the filter, even though it makes absolutely no sense to prohibit the use of “cockpit.” Then I actually defended one of their big flagship titles and got moderated for doing so by making relevant references to other games from other platforms, which is evidently strictly forbidden no matter how relevant it might be to the subject matter. However, this board is the only one in all of the internet where I’m under permanent moderation, which is a negative for this site. You don’t even get a PM telling you that you’ve done such-and-such which is a violation of TOS so you go to post one day and discover that you’re under moderation and your post is pending approval; and still six months and a year later your posts are pending approval. The ForzaMotorsport.net users might be one of the better communities, but the system could stand for some improvement.

Personally, I feel that the GT Planet forum is probably the best community I’ve found for discussing Forza and other racing games, or motorsports in general. It’s a sizable and active community, and despite being “GT Planet” there’s boards and players for other games including Forza. The community itself seems pretty good, plus if you get moderated you are notified about it and told why, and then you don’t spend a year or two under permanent moderation.

These people are an utter joke, and the head honcho’s massive ego is gonna run them into the ground. What a piece of work.
Nothing says “we care” like an ego-drunk self-congratulatory idiot degrading and banning the people in his playerbase who cant play his broken down POS product for expressing their frustrations and only want some sort of help or compassion after handing over their hard earned cash to him.

I dared to stand up to the all mighty, infallible, immune to criticism “leader” himself about how broken the game was and he told me, and i quote: “go away, we are making video games not curing cancer”.

What sort of response is that? Not only does it make no sense but by his logic he needs to find a new career since nothing is more important than curing a disease that kills millions every year so why does he make games at all?

Utterly utterly incomprehensible! Needless to say i contacted Amazon right away and got my money back in full despite the cut off date for getting a refund expired last month, they are obviously getting a lot of people returning the game so are being more easy going when it comes to refunds, its obviously a known issue just like The Master Chief Collection was.

I wont be buying anymore of SMS’s products, i have supported them since Shift 1 and this is how i am treated? I might buy PCARS2 but only after it has been drastically reduced and in the used games bin as i wont be giving them a single penny of my money.