Pit Stop animation

FM7 is an incredible game. But it lacked a decent pit stop animation, with the crew servicing your car and all of that. For a 2017 racing game that was NOT acceptable. I hope the next Forza Motorsport game will include what PSOne games already had.

I agree very much. The animation of the car pit stop can greatly improve the immersion of the game. I think the animation of changing tires and jacks is very necessary.

3 Likes

I’m up-voting because I’d like to see pit crews servicing my car, but I disagree with the part about it not being acceptable in a 2017 game. So few racing games even have pit stops in the first place, let alone animated pit crews. Forza tends to be the benchmark for console racing so it can and perhaps should lead the way with stuff like this, but it’s not like most racing games have this and Forza is lagging behind here.

3 Likes

I would like this

1 Like

The camera angle during the pit stop can be improved to show the pit stop work better. Several camera angles/positions to swap through during pit stop would also be nice.

1 Like

why Animation? why not manual? Why watch movies mid race? Even F1 games have manual now.

1 Like

u mean u can do it yourself ?

Yes like all other circuit racing games. drive in, stop, crew works, drive out. F1 games don’t have full manual, stopping is animated.

2 Likes

The current pit stop and practice cinematics are very limited, as in the pit stops, the visibility is very low and there are only 2 types (open top car and closed top car) and only one animation per track for leaving for and returning from practice, and all of them are in this shaky “cameraman” style. It would be nice to see more cinematics, with better visibility (showing the whole car being worked on in the pit, for example) and in different styles, like more stable “mounted camera” ones, like seeing the car leaving from behind in a bottom angle, or from above the car in a fixed angle.

This would be a big W, adds so much more race immersion to the game.

1 Like